World Building.(World of Alnad)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akoti

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:31 am
I'm not sure if this is allowed here, so I'm sorry if it isn't or if I've posted in the wrong place. This is my World Building project. The world is called Alnad. I'm just doing this for fun, but I also want some advice on certain things, such as laws, rights, and stuff. Yes... that obviously technical term 'stuff'.

In the second post is the list of rights for a country called Karmia. It was formerly a 'queendom', ruled by a queen, but then turned into a democracy. If the list of rights offends you in any shape or form, then please don't yell and swear at me about it. Thank you in advance.

Also, please note that the list of rights is based off of the U.S. Amendments that I could find on this one 'flash chart' I have, and that I'm not a lawyer or anything to do with laws....  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:32 am
((This is something I want feedback on. I'm not good at legal stuff...))

Rights of the Citizens of the Country of Karmia

Original Rights

All citizens, regardless of species, race, sexual orientation, or gender, have the right to believe in and practice whatever religion they want, so long as it does not cause harm to them or others.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, sexual orientation, or gender, have the right to free speech, including by press.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, sexual orientation, or gender have the right to gather together peaceably and to ask the government or another body to change a decision or to make a decision.

Every citizen, regardless of species, race, sexual orientation, or gender, has the right to bear arms. This does not exclude the citizens from any laws whatsoever.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to refuse a soldier, government official, or anyone else, lodging without any repercussions.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to privacy.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to not have their possessions taken by the government without a good reason that is stated to them.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to a trial and to protection from being forced to testify against yourself.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to be paid fairly for any land that was taken from them, whether for public or private usage.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to have a fair trial by jury and to have a lawyer provided by the state or government if they so choose.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to protection from both cruel, unethical, and unusual punishments as well as protection from unfair amounts of bail and fines.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to remain free and will not be enslaved. Slavery is not allowed in the country of Karmia.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to vote once they come of age.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to marry whoever they want, so long as both consent willingly to the marriage and are of age.

All citizens, regardless of species, race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to legally divorce their spouses.  

Akoti

Friendly Friend

11. ✿ - - - Poems And Writing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces