Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Exam] Fade to Black (Amarus) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 pm
A very neatly written note was slipped under Amarus' door. It was folded in perfect half, inside of an ornate envelope. The note itself was written it flawless, delicate writing.

The pleasure of your company is requested
at the school gates
at 9:00 p.m. sharp
for your yearly exam!

It was signed with flourish:

Professor Selene Apophis, PhD. Lib. Sci.

Face your demons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:28 am
Nio Love

Amarus was not in her room, which didn't seem to matter much: Songbird picked the envelope up in his beak, Revelations opened and shut the door again, and Songbird brought the note to her wherever she was. They were incredibly useful pets.

When it found its way into Amarus' hands, she admired the envelope for a while, not wanting to open it. "This is for me? Are you sure, Songbird?" she asked, to which the bird trilled a reply in the positive.

Signed by Selene, Amarus remembered her fondly: back at the gates, when they were fighting off the horde of ravenous black shadow creatures. She smiled. "I do not think anyone else has ever called my company a pleasure, formality or otherwise," she told Songbird, before sending the beautiful Phoenix Hatchling Comet back to her room.

She waited by the gates until 9. Just cycling through her kuji-kiri, and meditating.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:35 am
"Ah, look how prompt, yes yes!" Selene was toddling up clumsily, trying not to trip on herself as she walked up to meet with Amarus at the gates. "So good to see you, my dear! And a milestone for you, how lovely! You have certainly earned it!"

She motioned for Amarus to get up and follow her, and opened the gates to head outside. "Come, walk with me! Let us begin!"

Face your Demons

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:22 pm
Nio Love
I HAVE ******** STREP ahsdiosahdoih

Amarus took one step towards the professor, and after a brief pause abandoned her hesitation and followed Selene out of the gates. "It is good to see you, too, professor," Amarus said. She added: "I suspect that I have earned it, yes... though it is admittedly nice that my exam is with you. You have been there for us more than once."

Amarus folded her hands into a kuji-kiri, and tried not to feel something between elated and anxious at the prospect of her exam. Especially having no clue what it would be like.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 pm
Selene closed the gate behind her as they exited the school grounds, and headed straight for the dark forest ahead. "Oh, that is just so nice of you to say! I do care a lot about all of you students.. you need someone to watch over you in these troubling times! I hope I can fulfill that role. But for now, something less troublesome! Ah, this way, this way!"

She scurried forward, her tail keeping her from tilting one way or another, as she led Amarus deep into the thick of the darkness.

"We'll be rather quiet from here on in, I hope you don't mind, it's just safer that way. Wouldn't want to call any undue attention to our presence, you know!" Her voice was so hushed and quiet, it was hard to say it would ever call attention to it. But she hushed after her warning, and gestured with her hand.

A few minutes of walking led them to a part of the forest that was so dark, it was almost impossible to see. Selene's eyes flashed in the darkness, keeping Amarus from getting too lost. She stilled, once they'd reached their destination, and she reached out to settle her hand on Amarus' arm. With a quiet whisper, she positioned the ghoul. "Ah, here we are then! Are you ready?"

Face your demons
EWWW D: *HUGS*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:44 am
Amarus wasn't particularly distressed by the forest, or the dark. It was the second she said Something less troublesome that Amarus became suspicious. Nothing at this school had ever spared her trouble, and she sincerely doubted it was going to this time around either.

"Right behind you, Professor," she said. Her voice was always hushed. When she made sure to stress that they be quiet, Amarus just nodded her head, bells serving in the affirmative.

She tried her best not to make the bells ring, henceforth. It was radically difficult. She ended up reaching her hands up to cup the bells and keep them from ringing.

Amarus also produced a natural glow, courtesy of her aura, but it wasn't quite enough to illuminate so much as make things purple-pink and hazy in her immediate vicinity. In the dark, with Selene positioning her, she said: "I am always ready."

She hoped it was true.

Nio Love

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:27 am
"Let us hope so!" Selene whispered out, her arms dropping away from her. Silence filled the darkness surrounding Amarus, with no other sign that Selene was around anymore.

And then the whispering began.

At first, it could have been mistaken for a howl of the wind. But the voices rose and fell, whispering words that slowly began to make sense to her, until she could even recognize their voices.

Familiar voices.

Voices that told her they never wanted to speak to her again.

The Whispering Voices

Your first task for your exam is to write a small blurb explaining who Amarus hears and what they are saying. She cannot see anyone or anything in the darkness, but the voices are very real sounding, as they fade in and out of earshot. You can choose whose voices you hear, as long as they are someone she knows - whether they be friends from Amityville, or her fellow Revenge kingdom members! You can write as many or few voices as you want to specify, as long as Amarus does hear the voices of those she is insecure about losing, confirm her suspicions.

Face Your Demons

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:27 am
When Selene disappeared, and the whispering began, the darkness began to feel smothering instead of comforting. It was all in her head, but even her natural glow seemed suppressed, hugged tight to her skin.

Finally, the chaos of howling broke when she thought she heard an owl screech, accompanied by a voice.

A friendly, welcoming voice. One that had never been anything but. And yet the words it said were not friendly at all. These voices carried across the woods to her: It's just... you don't get along with us, really. You don't talk much. And you're weird.

It was Kettil's voice, but words he'd never say, she knew. It took the second whisper, the voice that always accompanied Kettil's, before her resolve cracked and she started to believe these voices:

"We don't wants teh talks teh yeh anymore, screechie! Never again!"

Amarus felt her hands, which had instinctively formed into one of her kuji-kiri, fall to hang by her sides. Her eyes started to shut, and she looked through the ground with only a sliver of their silver irises.

"But you're all I have left," she tried, quietly, "you're... all I ever had." She felt her essence well up in her eyes, and start to trickle down her cheeks. Startled, she reached a hand up to scrub the tears away.

A third voice came free of the howling, and it was Enzo's. "Pidge, you're good for nothing. Why do you think I've been gone? You served your purpose, we're done. Don't bother coming to see me."

Amarus reached one hand up, massaging her throat. It seemed like she couldn't form words, any more. She'd always known that they were just business partners, but she'd spent so much time with him... That one night where he'd been in his PJs, an actually vulnerable version of him. She missed Enzo. She knew he wouldn't come back for her, now.

It was the last voice that finally got her to talk again. She barely recognized it, it just strummed a forgotten chord somewhere inside her. A dream within a dream, of a far off place. The Kingdom of Revenge.

"Judgement? Time for Justice to work alone. You never belonged with me. You never belonged with any of us."

"I don't even recognize your voice!" she yelled, and yet she was crying more heavily. She folded her hands into the kuji-kiri for Jin, awareness, and sat cross-legged.

"To love was always a weakness," she said, her tears stopping. "Alone I am strong. Whole."

But she'd spent the past two years of her academy studies trying to disprove this. Trying to believe that a team was the way to go, that a team meant security. Perhaps she had been wrong. Regardless, she tuned out of the rest of the voices. It didn't make much of a difference: the ones she'd already heard circled around and around in her head.

Nio Love

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 pm
Up until now, the voices had only attempted to hurt Amarus with their words. She'd proven too strong willed to be detered by their attempts, which simply meant they had to try harder. But Selene hadn't left Amarus quite as alone as she might have thought - somewhere in the darkness there were voices that tried to help her, too. Voices that sounded much like the ones she was hearing, but speaking words of comfort and encouragement.

There was simply no way to tell which ones were Selene's helpful aid, and which were the harmful imposters.

Fighting the Faces of the Past
Amarus hears the same voices as before, but they're speaking conflicted words that counter-act what she'd heard before. RP out a small blurb of this before moving on to the battle.

Fighting the Shadows:

Ten voices, five people. Freya, Kettil, Enzo, and two voices from the Kingdom of Revenge, whether she remembers who they are or not - each one has an HP of 10, and each one tries to help or hurt her. It's up to her to figure out which ones to attack, and which ones to protect - or leave alone, should she choose to.

Boss HP: 50
Aid HP: 50

Use your attack dice. You take 1 auto damage from the harmful voices with each turn. Every time you do damage, you take it off the boss HP and Amarus successfully attacks a harmful voice, stopping it from telling her lies. Every time you do not do damage, you must add up the dice you've rolled and that is damage Amarus has done to the helpful voices trying to aid her. She can choose to protect her friends and take that damage herself, instead.

The encounter is victorious when you defeat the boss HP.

The encounter fails when Amarus or her aid HP reaches 0. Do not let that happen!

Quote me when you have completed this task!

Face Your Demons
if any of this is confusing just IM me and I'll explain! GOOD LUCK!

Face your demons rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:31 pm
As she sat, cross-legged, she heard new voices. But upon closer listening, they were not new, they were just changed entirely by their tone and content, somehow. Transformed for the better.

"Who is real?" she asked, listening for the voices again.

"Hey, Pidge. Don't you want to see me again? How could I not miss your smile?" Enzo.
"Don't forget... we're always with you. We're a part of you: I'm a part of you. We're a team." The voices she couldn't recognize.

Amarus took a stand, and listened as those same voices repeated their earlier lines: words meant to hurt her. To prey on her weaknesses. Her fears.

She was well-acquainted with fear.

"Thank you, for your kindness. For being with me when no one else could shoulder that burden," she said, to the darkness, to the good in the voices who repaired the damage the others wrought.

She tried to strike out at the darkness, but how could you hurt a voice? Perhaps they were connected to something out there in the shadows, and if she could hit the right mark... The first time she struck out, she heard Kettil's voice asking why she'd want to hurt them, when they had always loved her.

"I'm sorry, dear Kettil... I wish more than anything to take the pain and fold it into myself, not to harm you or Freya..." and as though the wish was granted, she did.

She wanted to be their shield.

[[OOC: Boss HP: 50/50
Amarus' HP: 33/40
Aid HP: 50/50; Amarus is taking the damage (6) for them this round.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Face your demons rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 pm
She was their shield, but she would also be, permitting, their sword. Amarus folded her hands into the Kuji-kiri for rin, and struck out again into the dark.

"I will win," she said, under her breath. "How could I not? With a team like them behind me. Even if they're not all with me anymore, even if... I have not a single idea whose voices a couple of them are, they are with me. They care."

Time to monologue at the shadows, as if they could totally hear her.

Teenage ghouls can be such drama queens. Even Lotus Eater ones.

[[OOC: Boss HP: 46/50
Amarus' HP: 32/40
Aid HP: 50/50

Face your demons rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:38 pm
In the dark of the night, Amarus will find the evil, and she will kick the living hell out of those voices.

With her very lovely lady feet.

In fact, even though the shadows might not hear her, Amarus had felt what she said to be true. She was, essentially, cheering herself on with the help of the good voices Selene had sent, though she didn't know the origin of any of the voices: good, or bad.

Amarus listened carefully, to feel out for the voices of the friends she knew and loved, and aim her blows succinctly wherever there was the most despicable of insults.

[[OOC: Boss HP: 38/50
Amarus' HP: 31/40
Aid HP: 50/50.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Face your demons rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 8 Total: 15 (2-16)

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:43 pm
If the key was listening, Amarus would listen. Selene had told her to be very quiet, but she had forgotten that simple instruction.

She was still as she could be, listening intently.

Listening was incredible. It was easy enough to pinpoint the voices telling her she'd always be alone, the ones that sounded like her friends but weren't. After this was all over, she'd have to bake the real ones spookies and tell them all that she loved them.

Okay, except Enzo. She would cross that bridge only if she was dragged unconscious or kicking and screaming across it. He could have the spookies, though.

[[OOC: Boss HP: 29/50
Amarus' HP: 30/40

Face your demons rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:46 pm
Still again after her last onslaught, Amarus folded her hands into the kuji-kiri for Jin again: Awareness.

Aware, and still, she focused herself.

This time, it was harder: one voice sounded so much like the other, and one of them was clever.

"Do you really think I meant what I said?" It asked her. It was vague enough that, when she struck out unsure, she was rewarded by nearly harming her friends again.

That she would not accept.

[[OOC: Boss HP: 29/50
Amarus' HP: 24/40; Taking 5 damage + the auto this turn to protect the aid hp.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Face your demons rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-16)

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:49 pm
She did not even dare move, this time, not even to fold her hands into the kuji-kiri she loved so dearly.

It was a good thing she was a ghost, in this moment, she thought. Not needing air was extremely useful. She didn't even need to let the sound of her own breathing interrupt her focus.

She managed a successful blow, again. The voices seemed... less resolute. But perhaps it was her imagination.

[[OOC: Boss HP: 25/50
Amarus' HP: 23/40

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out