I need some advice again...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akoti

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:16 am
I recently sort of ranted at someone who used to be a good friend, then got very pushy and kept thinking I said things I didn't. That was probably due to him not actually listening to me fully, and mostly paying attention to the first sentence I said, then going back to video games.

I need to know if this rant is too much. If you need to ask a question before answering or after answering, please do so. Please note, that this is all what I said. I know I was being rude, part of me was actually trying to be.

xxxx:apparently, I was being rude and making things worse by saying that I don't want to be friends with you anymore.
xxxx: so, if you still want to be, then great.
xxxxx: If you don't, then that's your decision.
xxxxxxx: But if you do, you have to tell me when and why I'm pissing you off.
xxxx: or making you upset, or whatever you're feeling or have felt.
xxxx: and you have to say it directly,
xxxx: and, also
xxxxx: You would have to stop being so pushy.
xxxxx: Also, something that I've kept bottled up:
xxxxx: Being a boyfriend isn't all about kissing and talking about children, both of which you were doing.
xxxxx: You may not have been talking about having children, but you were still talking about children.
xxxxx: You don't talk about what you were talking about.
xxx: First dates do not equal first kisses.
xxxx: there, I said it.
xxxx: Again, if you want to be friends still, great.
xxxxxx: If you don't, then just tell me instead of ignoring me like you have been.
xxxxx: You also should probably at least pay attention to what I say, instead of trying to play a video game or watch tv or whatever at the same time.
xxxxxx: that would help with the whole idea of 'having conversations that aren't one sided'.
xxxxxx: And yes, I am angry at you.
xxxxxx: People are able to be angry at those they still want to be friends with.
xxxxx: I was literally panicking over what I did wrong.
xxxxx:When I didn't even know what I did wrong.
xxxxxx: I was worried about you, I was worried about what I thought I did, and you know what?
xxxxx: It was a miscommunication.
xxxxx: those things happen.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:02 am
I don't see anything rude... sweatdrop
So you were dating him?  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Shadowless Knight

Invisible Phantom

8,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:47 am
I don't see anything rude... it seems you're just trying to have a conversation and this person is brushing you off for electronics... maybe if you can get them outside without a phone or any handheld device and try talking them. This way they wont have any electronics to look at and tune you out.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:58 pm
that wasn't rude,you can stay calm  

Vicky Lizbeth

Nikia

Hygienic Browser

5,825 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:28 pm
This was a bit much. The timing was off. When communicating with someone you have to make the discussion mutual (meaning both can focus on the same, with undivided attention)

You were not rude. Just bad timing. And know that when you say one thing and your heart means another...the rest will come out complicated and confused. example "I don't care if you go or stay" , yet you stand there staring with hopefuls of that person staying...

Choose a good time for both parties, reduce the confusing remarks by saying really what you mean to say. Of course, you got to have the back up for rejection, but don't make this a point in the mist of finding out. Rather know this "backup" before and after and do so to yourself that way you are sure get your point across in respect that another may or may not agree with your resolution.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games