And The Sun Shines

Angelic Trickster

10,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:54 pm
User Image

Name: Pecora [ sheep in italian ] Aerrai [ Arrai and Errai are the translations for shepherd in arabic ]

Blood colour: Cerulean [#324694]

Gender: Male, though often makes an effort for it not to come up.

Symbol: User Image

Personality: Pecora is a very soft-hearted individual who tries his hardest to make as many people happy as possible, even at his own expense. He harbors care for all sorts of creatures, and feels everyone should have a chance at life.

The biggest thing to mention is that he understands the hemospectrum and very faintly follows it; he understands he is of high blood and understands that those of lower blood are not as good as him. He has a sense of superiority that he was taught, but he normally buries it because he feels that everyone should be treated with respect. This is shown most clearly in his vegetarian habits. He refuses to harm animals and trolls alike, and will often jump to the aid of harmed trolls regardless of hemospectrum - although he will be careful not to be shown aiding lower bloods most of the time.

His kindness is only rivaled by his curiosity. Pecora likes to go outside and return to his hive with brand new things for his lusus to enjoy. His adventurous nature occasionally gets him into trouble, but his knack for diplomacy normally saves him most of the time. Pecora's feelings are very intense, and his hypersensitivity can often lead to misunderstandings. When Pecora feels even remotely happy, everyone knows. He tends to overreact to things due to his hypersensitivity, but the friends he has love him because he tries his hardest for them no matter the circumstance.

Pecora doesn't really react well to visual cues, and prefers sounds and touch. It becomes clear to others when he tries to touch them that this is how he communicates, though he has enough understanding of how to not be creepy about it. Often when he wants someone to look somewhere, he'll nudge their hand in that direction, and there are other cues that he picked up from his lusus that others will have to understand or miss out on half of what he's trying to convey.

Strengths:
Careful Thinker - Pecora thinks things through and always tries to come up with the best decision possible.
Adventerous - If you want to go somewhere, he will almost always be okay with going with you.
Caring/Healer - Pecora knows how to care for animals and trolls alike, and makes a habit of picking up injured creatures and nursing them to health. Just the same, he cares for all of his friends and makes an effort to please them.

Flaws:
Stubborn - When he has an idea, you aren't changing his mind. His beliefs are his own, and no amount of evidence will likely change his viewpoint. He likes how he thinks, you aren't going to change him.
Hyper-Sensitive - Pecora has no control over his emotions, and they normally run rampant and control him instead. The slightest mistep will send him spiraling into depression, but very small victories are treated as enormous. He knows that he needs to tone it down, but he can't.
Absent-Minded - Don't put him in charge of things you want to keep... He tends to forget things and lose things.

Weapon: wields a staff. He normally likes to pretend it has healing properties but he often just beats people with it.

Appearance: Here~

He likes to keep warm and wear large clothing, likely because he's used to the warmth of his lusus. His outfit often consists of a long robe [ see here ] that is a muted black with his blood color on the wrists. He bears his symbol in the center. He wears a long scarf, which is reversible - black on one side, his blood color on the other. It is knitted from the woolfur of his lusus, and he is very protective over it. As for shoes, he is normally barefoot. When he is forced into shoes, however, he will wear standard black sneakers with black laces.

Home: Forest; Fluffmom brought Pecora to the forest as a young child, where he could play to his heart's content in the woods and also communicate with trolls of blood his color in the Four Fronds. He always harvests as much food as he can, and was taught how to care for injured creatures. He tends to leave out extra food or dead animals in a very specific clearing, and it's always gone by morning. Fluffmom tells him it's a ritual, but he has a sneaking suspicion she likes to feed the trolls hiding in the woods from their inevitable culling... but that's just a rumor!

Lusus: [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]
Fluffmom is a very large, but very friendly creature that is a mixture between a sheep and a rabbit. It stands on it's hind legs normally, which have hooves just as a sheep. It's front paws are much softer, like a rabbit's, and it's whole body is covered in curly white fluff with a puffy rabbit's tail. The head is very rabbit like, and it has large rabbit ears as well as curved ram horns. She has the standard two eyes. A good reference for arm vs legs size and general stature. Fluffmom is blind, and picks up cues based off of scent and touch, so Pecora learned to communicate via touch and soft sounds. Because of this, he struggles read, since he had to teach himself, but he communicates with others very well and understands tone of voice better than others probably would. He also likes to communicate via touch, brushing people's arms to motion them in a direction or reaching for their face so he can get a better understanding of their feelings.

Pecora is very fond of his Fluffmom. Even an implication of an insult towards his fluffmom will lead to him becoming very hostile.

Power: none

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:22 pm
space reserved because reasons  

And The Sun Shines

Angelic Trickster

10,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:35 am
"He refuses to harm animals and trolls alike, and will often jump to the aid of harmed trolls regardless of hemospectrum" <- d'you mean he refuses to harm defenseless animals and trolls? since he seems to be fine with fighting back against someone coming at him/others o u o

" but the friends he has love him because he tries his hardest for them no matter the circumstance." <- this is just a little faux-pas, it's never good etiquette to write out what other people's characters are supposed to feel about yours. you can say he's nice, but leave the reactions to the other people smile (after all, some might think it means he's weak and spineless! on alternia being kind is usually discouraged or thought less of, especially for highbloods)

apart from fluffmom being blind, is there anything else she has taught pecora? i'm mainly curious how she taught him to defend himself in the harsh reality of troll society. Also, how does she defend him physically when his health is threatened? It's utterly fine to make her cute and wubbly-nosed - I'm just curious. Does she fight like a ram?

"He tends to leave out extra food or dead animals in a very specific clearing, and it's always gone by morning." <- i thought you said he didn't hurt animals? :O

again, caring/healer in his strengths is kind of a double edge. in human society it would definitely be a pro, but as a troll he'd more likely just get a lot of trouble for it, or a lot of freeloading 'friends' taking advantage of him. how does this help /him/?

i feel a bit of conflict between 'careful thinker' and 'hyper-sensitive', how such an emotional troll can be a careful thinker. if he's got his heart on his sleeve, how can he rationally analyze situations and determine the best possible choice for an ideal outcome?

everything else is good though! if i haven't mentioned it here, it's great. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:52 am
amicableAggressor

thank you for this ! it helped a lot. emotion_bigheart upon reading again, i realize that the mention of the friends he has tending to love him came off waaay different than i intended. i`ll take that out and probably add something more of what i intended; he`s a charming individual.

he will fight for people he cares for or if his own life is threatened (which i suppose happens fairly often in troll society) but he will never be the aggressor as it was the way he was taught. this occasionally leads to dead creatures that he doesn`t eat, so he leaves it outside. he stumbles by them sometimes, too. i`ll clarify that immediately. (:

i suppose i`ll have to go over the strengths/weaknesses a lot more and think on it. i`m unsure of what kind of person he`s going to be. any critique on that is welcomed because i`m really bad at defining character traits. i`m thinking i`ll toss absent-minded and throw the "too caring" trait in there, and likely change him from being the kind of person that has to say what they think to the kind of person who struggles to say what they think instead. we`ll see; i`m gonna spend more time on him until i`m satisfied again~

fluffmom is going to need her own page when i`m through with her, aha. i`d imagine pecora used to practice fighting on her because she was so difficult to injure, i should add that. he isn`t a very good fighter, as he doesn`t have as much practice as other trolls i`d imagine, and he likes to talk his way around situations rather than crack out the staff and get to whackin.

And The Sun Shines

Angelic Trickster

10,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:59 am
hi! just popping in to show you something i found in another troll's application that might help illustrate what i was trying to say with the 'caring' trait: in ephias's quest, he also carries the compassionate/caring trait, but clearly writes out how it aids -him-, as he uses it as a moral compass to help him know how to react in situations and feel comfortable with his own decisions.  
Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games