Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💇💅Avatar Talk!
So you want to pull off the good cheap look?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tigrosharu

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:21 pm
The "Good Cheap Look" is a term I have semi coined as of now, it more or less is how you can have a great avatar without cash shop items..for under 300k gold or less.

Due to being the undisputed queen of unable to hold onto gold for long periods of time I long ago perfected this skill, since I am busy IRL as of late and could not create my thread where I assist players in making amazing avatars for next to nothing I have decided to share my personal tips here so guildmates can use them to help others.

First off the key to making a good cheap avatar is concept, like most avatars you need an idea of what you want BUT you need to know it won't be made of expensive items so keeping this in mind is key.

Second, Set a GG limit for your avatar in cost; you would be surprised at how inventive you get when you allow for no more than say 300k in gg item cost and how good your avatar can look.

Third, be very aware that hair. eyes, and cheap tattoos can literally make your look shine.

Fourth, though many often forget there are many amazing items in the gold shops for acessories (even swords) that if used right can look as good as Cash shop items.

Fifth and most importantly it is far easier to do this with a avatar if you already do this in real life (I am not kidding) since it is more or less the exact same thing but with fancier things.

Sixth, feel free to message me if you ever have a question about making fabulous avatars on the cheap with only gold shop items; I am always willing to assist since I know I would of killed for such help when I started.

Much love and luck,
Tigrosharu  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:58 am
300k is considered cheap now? Oy vey.  

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:36 pm
Very important: Do NOT overlook what you can get for free (sometimes in multiples). I've seen these things selling for huge amounts of gold in the MP, and I've seen buyers who had no clue they could have gotten these (many are still active grants).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:49 pm
And, just for a visual reference, here is my 100% FREE ITEMS avatar that I like to show off from time to time. xd Not everything equipped is still available, but I like to take pleasure in the fact that it literally doesn't cost a cent to make and still looks pretty awesome, with its various body mods and cool backgrounds and such.

Note: I count winning items in Switchem as "free" due to not paying gold for the items, not because no work goes into getting them.  

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:07 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
And, just for a visual reference, here is my 100% FREE ITEMS avatar that I like to show off from time to time. xd Not everything equipped is still available, but I like to take pleasure in the fact that it literally doesn't cost a cent to make and still looks pretty awesome, with its various body mods and cool backgrounds and such.

Note: I count winning items in Switchem as "free" due to not paying gold for the items, not because no work goes into getting them.

*phantom (free) tip* heart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:55 pm
TS Sailor Cronus

So happy to see what you can get for free displayed so well smile
*gives phantom tip since I see no tip option*  

Tigrosharu

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:06 pm
Unless I have a kitty plushie equipped in my human form, everything on her I got for free or from gold
Heck, right now the green skin mod at 150k is the most expensive thing I have equipped  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:27 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Unless I have a kitty plushie equipped in my human form, everything on her I got for free or from gold
Heck, right now the green skin mod at 150k is the most expensive thing I have equipped

Most of what I equip is from my "stash" I base my idea of a cheap good avatar off of what a cheap dream avi can cost smile
Or what it cost in 2009 to be precise..I have tested it out though you can make one from gshop items for anywhere from 35k gold to 350k gold or free I would actually encourage people to post thier tips for free items here and how to use them.  

Tigrosharu

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
💇💅Avatar Talk!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items