Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:27 pm
without people going "Oh, she needs speech therapy!"

Thank you. I appreciate being reminded constantly how behind she is and all this s**t.

God.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:29 pm
People are shitheads.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:32 pm
Like seriously its just a cute video of her singing and talking

"She seems behind in talking. I think she needs speech therapy."

Okay maybe she does. Shes getting evaluated soon. But seriously why can't I just post a video of her?!

Its bad enough my friend's whose kids are a YEAR younger than her are doing things shes only JUST started to do.

I absolutely do not think shes stupid. Shes very smart. But shes behind and I kind of feel like a fail parent even though its not my fault.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:54 pm
Mama Ame

Okay maybe she does. Shes getting evaluated soon. But seriously why can't I just post a video of her?!

Its bad enough my friend's whose kids are a YEAR younger than her are doing things shes only JUST started to do.

I absolutely do not think shes stupid. Shes very smart. But shes behind and I kind of feel like a fail parent even though its not my fault.

As far as I understand, kids develop different aspects at different rates. Sure, there's maybe a range of prejected development, but seriously, they need to chill out.

Like me, I started talking at four months. That's crazy early. Other stuff, pretty normal. Meanwhile my brother was crawling really early and thus his weight was way under normal. I mean, everyone's different. Even as babies/toddlers!  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:27 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame

As far as I understand, kids develop different aspects at different rates. Sure, there's maybe a range of prejected development, but seriously, they need to chill out.

Like me, I started talking at four months. That's crazy early. Other stuff, pretty normal. Meanwhile my brother was crawling really early and thus his weight was way under normal. I mean, everyone's different. Even as babies/toddlers!

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:36 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame

Yeah, what this guy said! I know people who got started learning how to do stuff really late, but are really smart now. And I know people who started getting the hang of stuff really early, but who are real dumbasses now.

Personally, I started off learning early. By the time I was two I would know where each and every single item I grabbed went, even movies. I would grab the vhs tape and put it in the correct cover no problem. I kept learning at a really fast pace, and as a result I viewed the majority of people in my class as dumbasses. But that don't mean crap. I'm currently just getting minimum wage and am socially awkward, bet you nobody woulda guessed that from looking at me when I was a toddler. So, just ignore what people say and try to do your best raising her and teaching her how to behave when among other people.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:32 am
Alex is advanced.

Olivia is "behind" but she's smart. She knows all her colors, letters, she can count. She knows her animals.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:58 pm
Honestly, you never know until she gets evaluated, and even then, if they say she's delayed, children's brains are still developing. My sister was diagnosed with mild cerebral palsy and they said she wouldn't learn past the brain of an 8 year old. She might not be smart in math and stuff, but she surprises me everyday. Not saying Olivia has it, you know.

She might be a slow learner, but once it clicks in her brain, she's gonna take off on you lol.  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:03 pm
SuicidalSkittles
Honestly, you never know until she gets evaluated, and even then, if they say she's delayed, children's brains are still developing. My sister was diagnosed with mild cerebral palsy and they said she wouldn't learn past the brain of an 8 year old. She might not be smart in math and stuff, but she surprises me everyday. Not saying Olivia has it, you know.

She might be a slow learner, but once it clicks in her brain, she's gonna take off on you lol.

I wouldn't say she was a slow learned (not that would be bad if she was) shes' more...afraid to try things? She shes only JUST learned to climb down stairs because it scares her. And she goes off into her own world.

We're having all the kids evaluated though. And if she DID need speech therapy or whatever we'd get it for free. So we'll see.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games