Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply ♻ATG Archive
ATG // 03/10/14 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last week we had 69 *giggles* )
  *generates gold*
View Results

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:01 am
10 announcements on March 04,2014!! emotion_donotwant
Granted some were not specifically sales...still......

Tell Gaia NO to announcement spam

8 Gold Generators in a 7 day period (although Pick a Card & Let It Ride seems to go hand-in-hand) One gold generator a day seems to be the standard now!!

Noting that some of these Generators have been Nerfed somehow.....
Pick a Card, Let It Ride and Divinity's Reach used to give out much more before. However, they were replaced with the two newest, in their stead. Progress?...not so much.

Tell Gaia NO to Gold Generators!

Love Me, Love Me Not = 1 bill max NEW
Project Couture = 1bill max NEW
Divinity's Reach x 2 = 5 mill max NERFED?
Pick A Card = 1 - 2 mill max NERFED?
Let It Ride = 1 - 2 mill max NERFED?
Flynn's Chest = 250 mill max
Carnival Day = 500mill max

In addition to the newest Gold Generator, apparently they have taken the Carrot-Stick approach, by adding a "Golden Ticket" to the Project Couture gold generator. This Golden Ticket grants the owner the ability to work one on one with Gaia artists to create an item set that will be made available for purchase via GC shops.
What Gaia artist wouldn't want to take advantage of this opportunity?
Ah! Problem is, the ticket is not available only to artists, its available to anyone who so-happens to win it via this gold generator. What happens when a scammer, hacker or greedy Gaia gets it? That"s right! Ransom for items or gold in exchange! Then they had to double the ante....
Not fair play really. This idea/effort could have been handled cleanly by other methods used in the past like a raffle or lotto. A ploy to sell more gold generators?
ugh... so much upset....

Flynn came back with a plunder this week too! However, Gaians found issues with being able to bid anymore than 1 bill because of Marketplace caps....laughable! when users are able to MP price it at 2x the user account cap. Can this still work as a "gold sink"now that system caps are in the way of the amount of gold users have to spend?

Nicolae decided to open up his own Black Market in the exchange, taking the the marketplace caps out of the way to sell a limited amount of items to the highest bidder. Since users cannot have more than 2,147,683,647 gold per account, this means that several gold trades will take place for a safe exchange outside of the marketplace, making an NPC the most desirable and trustworthy trader available. The sad part is, some users actually have that much gold on multiple accounts. What does this say?

Monthly Collectibles are undergoing a change to accomadate our newly introduced [Animal] avatars. 2 per human and 1 per [Animal] well....at least we can expect some monthly updates in this area razz tbh it is nice to have a new feature even though it was completely unexpected in its birth, and who doesn't like MC's?

We got a Gold Shop update in Buttercup Cafe for [Animal] items (and probably some human items, I can't tell anymore) Glad to see that the [Animal] items are not being limited to GC.

Yet again the awesomeness of hair is put up for GC instead of gold with Do Or Dye. With the rotation of gold shop updates, when will we get a Salon Durem one again with something as much awesomeness?

Lastly, Gaia has created a forum designed only for [Animal] based avatars Paws. So basically you have to be in [Animal] avatar form to get in and participate.......... sweatdrop

With the gaining momentum of Announcements, Sales and Gold Generators we should consider what is really driving Gaia towards this direction.
With our recent In-Guild survey about Gaia Cash, many have responded with various perspectives as to what level of support towards Gaia they uphold.

I personally have shut of my wallet, the free Cash Offers and put up an Ad Blocker in my browser. I did it to try and make a financial statement to Gaia that I do not approve of what they are doing, as so many have already done. Is this the way to go? Is it making a difference? Is it making things worse? What will slow them down?

Pwnder

In my 10 years here I have spent thousands of dollars, over time of course. So, from my perspective they have done nothing but belittle my effort and money over that time, by re-releasing items and devaluing gold. I've never had so much Gaia gold in my lifetime, but it is currently worthless to me in the face of struggling free-users who are so tempted to buy a Gold Generator just to get ahead because the site features have been capped or neglected ie: rendered pointless. I can't support blatant/intended site decay with my money. However, I do understand the idea that being loyal means being able to put up with a certain amount of tolerable things to get to a good point. I will support the cash tree daily and turn off my ad blockers. Although it is a pain to report ads, I will do it to show my support and clean up the site, in hopes that they may be least enabled to pressure the community with their Gaia Cash pushes sweatdrop

For those of you who don't know, there is a new way to report ads on Gaia

Send screenshot to reportads@gaiaonline.com  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:47 am
Can I also add that inflation has gone kinda nuts again? Probably because of that Project Couture thing. gonk

February's MC is going for 8mil.
March MC is going for 10mil.
This month's chance item Budding Bistro is going for 11mil. sweatdrop

And last but not least, both the current evolving items have an average buy price of 40-50+mil. sad  

Cranberry-Conundrum

Fanatical Explorer

Pandasarenotracist

Super Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:53 am
I have been at my girlfriends house so my log in's for gaia has slowed down. When I logged in Saturday I had 10 new announcements so I got rid of them. When I logged in sunday I had 10 new announcements!!! They need to stop! I'm getting sick of seeing the announcements. -.-  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:59 am
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they brought back Flynn's Plunder, & that Nicolae has started to sell things that will take billions of gold out of the system.
Yes, I'm aware that they are counteracting that with all of the gold generators, but even the smallest of steps is better than nothing. If we don't praise them when they take even tiny steps forward, they won't be likely to take such steps in the future.  

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:31 am
Good morning guys!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:51 am
its frustrating how the gc items keep skyrocketing in price but stuff like orb aggregate is stuck around 4k.

why doesnt inflation strike everything equally?  

kiockalan

Bashful Phantom

16,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:01 am
kiockalan
its frustrating how the gc items keep skyrocketing in price but stuff like orb aggregate is stuck around 4k.

I noticed that it doesn't really affect anything that is the product of free use around here.

But this should prove me wrong

gonk The world has gone mad gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:16 am
I do not understand the tire on my head thing  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Cranberry-Conundrum

Fanatical Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:27 am
Pwnder
kiockalan

I noticed that it doesn't really affect anything that is the product of free use around here.

But this should prove me wrong

gonk The world has gone mad gonk

That's because of people who don't know what they are doing, when they go to sell an item they just look at the lowest buy price, and go from there like it's legit or something.
That person who posted that for 8mil probably thought they were offering a deal because it's 2mil cheaper than the lowest buy price that came before it emotion_facepalm
One of my best friends would do that, charging almost double the average buy price, and I know she wasn't doing it on purpose, she just didn't know what she was doing. (She was truly wondering why nobody was buying her item when it was the lowest price xD )

It becomes a problem when another person is willing to buy that tire for 8mil because they also don't know what they are doing, and whammo, not only was someone taken advantage of, you've also got a new horrendous average buy price.

But I mean, as long as I can remember there were always people who would try to sell things for insane amounts of gold. It's just sad to see other people follow right along with it. v_v  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:29 am
At least they brought back Flynn's plunder and introduced Nicolae's black market. It's a start, right? At least it should take some of the gold out of the system, but all these new gold generators should bring it right back in.  

unicorndicks

Beloved Streaker

14,075 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:33 am
considering how dumb the payout are for the gold I don't understand why people buy them. the only one I saw there that seemed reasonable was the project couture one, the reason I see that is because it gives you a possibility to create and outfit of your dream anyone will pay for the considering how many want rare items and back wings
EDIT::

likewise the black market I can like because you pay gold for it not cash and its for wanted items however why is it always 2003 items? why cant we get the kitten stars to buy already
cat_scream

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:40 am
witchy cat panther

likewise the black market I can like because you pay gold for it not cash and its for wanted items however why is it always 2003 items? why cant we get the kitten stars to buy already cat_scream

I would love to see Crecsento open his own store or "black market" to dish out some of those long lost alchemy items

Same for Mirai and Barret in Phin Phang, re-release some of those long lost fish.

All NPCs! Now that would be some NPC interaction wink  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:45 am
User Image

My friend played the dice roll RIG (She's clueless about the gaian economy and refuses to be educated) and she said the highest she got was 20mil from a double of 10mil and the lowest was less than 1mil.

However, the items you can get range in price from 1mil to the most valuable ones on the site.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:45 am
Pwnder
witchy cat panther

likewise the black market I can like because you pay gold for it not cash and its for wanted items however why is it always 2003 items? why cant we get the kitten stars to buy already cat_scream

I would love to see Crecsento open his own store or "black market" to dish out some of those long lost alchemy items

Same for Mirai and Barret in Phin Phang, re-release some of those long lost fish.

All NPCs! Now that would be some NPC interaction wink

my last post I was talking to someone and they said that and we actually made a list of what they could do for like a gaia day or something  

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:51 am
xx I met my fate xx
User Image

My friend played the dice roll RIG (She's clueless about the gaian economy and refuses to be educated) and she said the highest she got was 20mil from a double of 10mil and the lowest was less than 1mil.

However, the items you can get range in price from 1mil to the most valuable ones on the site.

I was just about to ask about this. Is it new? I don't remember this. I just ran across it in the MP.

Dice Roll

witchy cat panther

my last post I was talking to someone and they said that and we actually made a list of what they could do for like a gaia day or something

I was just mulling over which NPCs would be best suited to do this and with what items. A list of things Gaians want to see or become available again..other than '03s stare  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff