Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
▧ The Magic Neep ▧ Open ▧ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:35 am
xxxxH E L L OxxxA N DxxxW E L C O M ExxxT O . . .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

xxxxxThe Magic Neep is a green grocer's located in Hogsmeade Village. It is a go-to shop for all cooking needs. It is known for selling fresh produce grown locally by farmers in the Scottish countryside.

xxxxxThe shop is currently owned by one Kenneth Holt. He is a recent transplant from Tennessee, and was a chef in his hometown. Not being familiar enough with British cooking to feel comfortable trying to get another chef job, he used family funds to purchase the grocery store, figuring he would still be around food and that it would give him the ability to make good purchases for his own home cooking. he shop's hours are currently between 9 AM and 7 PM Monday through Friday, and 11 AM and 5 PM on Saturdays. Kenneth generally takes his lunch break around one o'clock.

xxxxxAs you enter, you are greeted by a display of fresh fruits available for individual purchase, in case you're looking for a quick and healthy snack. To the left is the counter and cash rack, behind which Kenneth is typically sitting. There are various stands arranged throughout the store with all manner of fresh fruits and vegetables on display.

Announcement Board
          xxxUNDERxxxNEWxxxMANAGEMENTxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The new owner is American, so be patient with him while he sorts through the slang!

xxxFORxxxRENTxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Small, one bedroom/one bathroom flat above shop is available for rent. See owner for details. Potential occupants may be subject to background checks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:11 pm
xxxxF R E SHxxxP R O D U C ExxxF O RxxxP U R C H A S Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxF R U I T SxxxA N DxxxV E G E T A B L E Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FRUITS
                  ■ Apples: 1 sickles, 26 knuts per lb
                  ■ Bananas: 1 sickles, 13 knuts per lb
                  ■ Blueberries: 3 sickles, 5 knuts per lb
                  ■ Clementines: 2 sickles, 20 knuts per lb
                  ■ Coconuts: 2 sickles, 14 knuts per lb
                  ■ Grapefruit: 25 knuts per lb
                  ■ Grapes: 5 sickles, 3 knuts per lb
                  ■ Kiwis: 23 knuts each
                  ■ Kumquats: 8 sickles, 23 knuts per lb
                  ■ Lemons 2 sickles, 15 knuts per lb
                  ■ Limes: 2 sickles, 7 knuts per lb
                  ■ Mangoes: 2 sickles, 10 knuts per lb
                  ■ Oranges: 2 sickles, 15 knuts per lb
                  ■ Papaya: 7 sickles, 2 knuts per lb
                  ■ Pears: 2 sickles, 23 knuts per lb
                  ■ Persimmon: 1 sickles, 9 knuts per lb
                  ■ Pineapple: 6 sickles, 8 knuts per lb
                  ■ Pomegranates: 6 sickles, 12 knuts per lb
                  ■ Raspberries: 8 sickles per lb
                  ■ Strawberries: 2 sickles, 16 knuts per lb
                  ■ Tangerine: 4 sickles, 20 knuts per lb

VEGETABLES
                  ■ Artichoke: 1 sickles, 10 knuts each
                  ■ Asparagus: 8 sickles, 16 knuts per lb
                  ■ Aubergine: 3 sickles, 2 knuts per lb
                  ■ Avocado: 2 sickles, 7 knuts each
                  ■ Beets: 2 sickles, 15 knuts per lb
                  ■ Broccoli: 3 sickles, 8 knuts per bunch
                  ■ Brussels Sprouts: 1 sickles, 23 knuts per lb
                  ■ Cabbage: 1 sickles, 19 knuts per lb
                  ■ Carrot: 3 sickles, 14 knuts per bunch
                  ■ Cauliflower: 5 sickles, 3 knuts each
                  ■ Celery: 1 sickles, 10 knuts per lb
                  ■ Cucumber: 4 sickles, 16 knuts per lb
                  ■ Garlic: 6 sickles, 22 knuts per lb
                  ■ Kale: 3 sickles, 19 knuts per bunch
                  ■ Leeks: 4 sickles, 11 knuts per lb
                  ■ Lettuce: 3 sickles, 13 knuts per lb
                  ■ Onions: 2 sickles, 2 knuts
                  ■ Parsley: 1 sickles per bunch
                  ■ Parsnip: 3 sickles, 13 knuts per lb
                  ■ Peas: 3 sickles, 2 knuts per lb
                  ■ Potatoes: 1 sickle, 6 knuts per lb
                  ■ Pumpkin: 7 sickles, 15 knuts each
                  ■ Radish: 2 sickles, 15 knuts per lb
                  ■ Shallots: 10 sickles, 14 knuts per lb
                  ■ Snap Peas: 2 sickles, 16 knuts per lb
                  ■ Spinach: 3 sickles, 23 knuts per bunch
                  ■ Squash: 3 sickles, 3 knuts per lb
                  ■ Tomato: 4 sickles, 20 knuts per lb
                  ■ Turnips: 2 sickles, 20 knuts per lb

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:12 pm
xxxxC U R R E N TxxxS T A F Fxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

xxxO W N E Rxxx
          xxxxxKENNETH LIAM HOLT
          xxxxxxxIS CURRENTLY
          xxxxxxxxxxAVAILABLE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNote :: Please quote Cara MiaKitty for service

User Image

xxxS H O PxxxA S S I S T A N Txxx
                  xxxxxRUTHVAN LILIAS MACHEACHARIN
                  xxxxxxxIS CURRENTLY
                  xxxxxxxxxxAVAILABLE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNote :: Please quote The Forgotten Weasley for service  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:59 pm
User Image
Kenneth is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Relaxed in the Magic Neepspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Alonespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Boredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Well, this is better than nothing, after all...' spacespac

✰ ✰ ✰ I got a paint outside with enough giddyup to be free;
I got a faint smell of cheap perfume, and a hint of gasoline.
✰ ✰ ✰
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceKenneth sat in a chair behind the counter of his new shop, leaned back, his legs kicked up and resting on the shelf below the surface, looking for all the world like there wasn't anywhere he'd rather be. It was a lie, of course; he'd much rather be back at his apartment in America, spending time with his friends. It was Saturday night; if he were home, he'd be talking to his friends, planning the night's party. Talking about who'd bring the drinks, who'd bring the food (that would be him, since he was the resident chef), what they wanted to do, where they'd meet... it would've been so much more fun than this. Sitting in a grocery store, which he did admit was a nice enough place, but hardly somewhere he'd want to be. He hadn't bothered trying to get a job as a chef, since he wasn't familiar with British cuisine; he'd bought this place instead, thinking it'd be a nice middle ground. He'd be working with fresh fruits and veggies, be able to get first pick of whatever he wanted to take home for dinner. He figured he had to take care of his brother, after all, and that meant cooking for him and making sure his food was good quality. Not healthy per say, since Kenneth was a Southern boy and did love fried foods, but made from fresh produce and meat so it was as close to good for him as it could get. Besides, he'd been a chef; he knew how to cook healthy food. He just didn't do it all the time. What kid was going to eat boiled vegetables, anyway? Even Elliott wasn't that boring. It wasn't ideal, but... he couldn't go home. Elliott didn't want to live in America, and Ken wasn't going to make him. He had to be the responsible older brother and do what was best for the kid. Maybe in a few years, when Elliott was grown, Ken could go home... he wasn't sure why he'd bother, since all his friends would be long gone by then, moved on with their lives and all, but it was an option. Unlike this. He'd had no choice here; Elliott needed to stay in England. So, England it was.

✰ ✰ ✰ See I'm a different kind of knight; You're gonna find your fairy tales are lies
                                                          I don't have a white horse, but you can come along for the ride
                                                          ✰ ✰ ✰

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:00 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Beater ♫ Single ♫

Don't wanna let you ๔๏ฬภ but I am ђєใใ bound.
                                                        ςยгҭคเภ’ร call is the ใครҭ of all.
                                                        When the lights ғค๔є out all the รเภภєгรcrawl.

Ver walked into the grocery store quietly, her arms wrapped around herself to fight off the cold outside. It'd been awhile since she'd actually gone to Hogsmeade on one of the visiting weekends. It was all just sort of weird in her opinion. It was most friends or couples wandering around the town and she had neither. She had her sisters and cousin of course but Elli had Cam, Grace was a vampire, and Michelle didn't do much but skulk around the dungeons anyways. It was actually Grace that was the reason she was here right now though.

Recently Gracie had been studying lots and lots of potions and ideas. It wasn't much of a surprise. Grace loved potions and cooking, Verily was sure that was what she was going to do with her life once she graduated. The problem that came with it though was her cousin couldn't go out during the day and most grocery stores and potion ingredient stores were only open during the day. So here Ver was, friendless, single, and awkward as hell, in a grocery store, because her cousin had begged her to come.

She pulled her arms tighter around herself, almost as if she was trying to cut off the world from herself. She just had to get the ingredients and get out. Then she'd have to face the herbology store then she could go home. The one good thing that came from this was that Gracie had promised a Gracie style meal the minute she had all the ingredients and as much as Ver loved the house elve's cooking it was nothing like her Aunt's old cooking and Grace was just as good if not better than Aunt Maggie used to be. She stared at the multiple ailses of things and groaned, before slowly walking to the front where a man sat.

"Umm.... e-excuse me." She muttered, looking up at him with wide grey eyes. Had she really gotten so bad with social interaction? For awhile there she thought she had been getting better. But now it felt just like it had before. She hated stuttering. She hated being awkward. She hated it all. "C-could you show me where the uh..... onions, garlic, and..... fruits.... are?" She stared at the list in her hands, written in the loopy handwriting of Gracie. "Fruits of any kinds?" She muttered to herself, narrowing her eyes at the list. "Really Gracie? You send me out on a pointless errand like a child and you can't give even give me a real bloody list? You little tree! You're just a little tree aren't you? A half-formed tree!"

Ver looked up suddenly at the shopkeeper as she realized she had been speaking out loud. Her eyes widened farther, and a dark blush covered her cheeks. She probably sounded like a loon now. Fantastic. Now she wasn't just the stuttering idiot but the stuttering crazy idiot who yelled at lists of ingredients.

When you feel my ђєคҭ, look into my єұєร.
                                                        It’s where my ๔є๓๏ภร hide. It is dark เภรเ๔є.
                                                        No matter what we ๒гєє๔. We still are made of ﻮгєє๔.
                                                        Don’t get too ςใ๏รє, this is my кเภﻮ๔๏๓ come.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:34 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY WITH // A Customerspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Amusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This'll probably be the highlight of my day...' spacespac

✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth blinked as a young woman entered his shop; he didn't get many customers, after all, but especially not pretty young women. He got a lot of middle-aged housewives, and... well, that was really the majority of them, wasn't it? He swung his legs down and stood, crossing his arms on the counter and leaning on them offering her a kind smile. "Howdy," he said, completely oblivious to the fact that his accent and even the word he'd used were completely foreign here. He listened to her ramble on, listening to her stutter... it was almost adorable, really. But he didn't like that she was so uncomfortable. He tried to relax his demeanor to look as accommodating and non-threatening as possible. "I take it that this Gracie wasn't very clear with her directions?" he asked, smirking a bit and feeling sorry that he was so amused at her being so flustered. He hoped he at least came off as friendly and not like he was making fun of her.

spaceHe walked out from the back of the counter, gesturing towards the section of the store with the fruits. "Any idea what the fruits are for? Might help narrow down what you need to get." He made his way over to the fruits and leaned against the wall, waiting for her to follow. The fact that she's called this Gracie person a... what was it? A half-formed tree? amused him to no end. He could think of a lot of things to call a person he was annoyed at, and a tree was no where on the list. He might, if they pissed him off as opposed to just annoying him, tell them where they could stick a tree... but then, that wasn't something he was going to say now. British girls were supposed to be a bit more proper than the girls he was used to, weren't they? Of course, the South had its share of prim and proper (and occasionally downright prudish) belles, but Ken likened his crowd to the down home sort... less Scarlet O'Hara and more Gretchen Wilson. But his stepmom had always thought his friends to be a bit... crude. Even the women. His experience to British women was mostly her and those house-wives, all of whom seemed like her, so he figured the redhead before him would be similar... although she was certainly cuter.

✰ ✰ ✰ See I'm a different kind of knight; You're gonna find your fairy tales are lies
                                                          ✰ ✰ ✰

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:02 pm
User Image

User Image

Ver raised her eyebrow at the man's greeting. Howdy? His accent sounded like the boy on Elli's team... what was his name.... Crumble? Clang? Crash?... Crash! That was it. This man sounded like Crash.... She wondered if they had come from the same place, but she was to shy to ask, even if her curiosity was getting the better of her. Instead she just smiled shyly at him and shoved the list into her back pocket.

She shrugged at his question about Gracie.
                                                        "She's my cousin.... She's never clear about anything. A crackpot treechopper. That's what she is. Sometimes you'd think she was a bloody seer with how cryptic she can talk." Ver rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around herself. She was totally unaware of the fact that she had just spouted about half a paragraph without stuttering once. Infront of a complete stranger too! If she thought about it long enough, she was sure he thought she was a nutter. Honestly who called their cousin's crackpot treechoppers? But Ver hated swearing, she always had, and probably always would. Creative words were not swear words and honestly they were a lot more amusing too.

"I haven't a clue what the fruit is for. Or any of this stuff is for that matter. I'm just her e-errand r-runner.... " Ver blushed and let her hair fall from behind her ear to cover her face. She was a freak, and he was looking at her like she was some kind of amusement. How could the guy think she was amusing! She was weird and said weird things and liked books and talked to herself. If she was a nutter then this boy was a fruit loop.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:33 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This'll probably be the highlight of my day...' spacespac

✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth smiled as she described her cousin... so before she was a tree, and now she was a tree-chopped. That must be incredibly confusing for then Gracie, then. He didn't say anything, though, figuring it'd embarrass her. The blush spreading across her cheeks was more than enough evidence that she was nervous, he didn't need to add to it. "I've never met a Seer, but I've heard stories. My dad knew one; said the lady had a few screws loose. Guess it's pretty common, then?" Ken had always assumed his father's... friend? had been an oddity. But, if 'cryptic as a Seer' were really so common a thing to say, he supposed it must be an oddity most if not all Seers shared. "Are we talking, like, Oracle of Delphi cryptic? Or is she like a nosy aunt that thinks she knows better?" Now that he knew something about. His mother's great-aunt Do was always in his business before he'd moved to England; hell, he still got letters from her all the time. The woman was nice enough, but nosy and bossy. She was the oldest member of the family, so she was supposed to be 'in charge,' which she took very seriously.

spaceHe watched the girl as all her bluster seemed to blow out and she started stammering again, her blush deepening and a lock of red hair falling in her face. The Southern Gentlemen in him didn't like seeing her so uncomfortable, but given that they'd just met, he wasn't exactly in a position to try and remedy it. Most people didn't appreciate it when strangers tried to calm them down or cheer them up... made them more uncomfortable. Or, it had in his experience. Still leaned against the wall, he told her, "Well, my name's Kenneth, and I'll be sure to do whatever I can to help. Not sure how much that is, never having met your cousin, but I can try." And, that was about all he could do. "Hm... does Gracie have any food allergies? I'd hate to send you home with an apple and have her yell at you 'cause it'll make her break out in hives." That, at least, he could hopefully avoid. Although, he thought that perhaps cousins weren't likely to know each other's allergies... he only knew his cousin's because he was the family's resident chef, he doubted if any of them knew each others.

✰ ✰ ✰

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:32 am
User Image

User Image

"One of our professors is a Seer. She's absolutely crazy I hear. I haven't taken her class though." Verily shrugged and curled a red strand of hair around her finger. She smiled at the idea of Gracie being an oracle though and shrugged again. "Grace just likes to talk in riddles I guess. She always has though. Ever since I met her. Her mum used to say it was all the weird muggle stories her father used to read to her as kid." She chewed on her lip at the memory of her aunt and uncle. They had been such nice people. She didn't know why anyone would want to go and kill them... well except for all the pure blood extremists. Her aunt had gone and done something none of those kind would ever think of. She'd 'tainted' the pure line of McHalens with muggle blood. Ver hated people like that though. She hated them even more if that was the reason her family had been murdered.

Breaking out of her thoughts, she blushed as she realized he'd been watching her and talking and introducing himself and such.
                                                        "Uh.... I'm V-Verily McHalen. B-but... people just c-call me Ver..... Verily is to weird of a name... I g-guess...." She curled hte piece of hair around her finger tighter before quickly brushing it behind her ear and out of her face. She really needed to get over this shy crap. "Gracie doesn't eat." She said automatically, before realizing her mistake. Grey eyes widened and she blushed and stammered, trying to fix her blunder. "Uh... I mean... uh... S-she.... eats..... just... uhh.... erm..... " She fixed her stare on the ground, grinding her toe into the floor. Now she'd really gone and done it. How was she supposed to explain that her cousin doesn't eat normal food, without revealing Gracie's huge secret to a complete stranger. "She doesn't have any allergies." She finally muttered, after a rather long and awkward pause. She hoped that maybe he'd just ignore her comment and go on with life as if she hadn't said that.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:51 pm
User Image

✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth was surprised to learn that she was a student; she looked young, so it shouldn't have come as such a shock, really, but she was a pretty thing, he hadn't really been thinking about age. She looked only a bit younger than him, really, so it was a reasonable mistake. "You go to Hogwarts?" he asked, mostly to confirm that she was currently enrolled and not, say, a recent graduate, or an amazingly young professor. When she mentioned 'weird muggle stories,' he frowned. What was weird about muggle stories? If anything, there was plenty of magic that was weirder than anything the muggles came up with. He should know; his mother had been one. "Muggle stories never really struck me as all that strange... but them. I guess that's because my mama was always telling them to me, too." He wondered, though, what on Earth stories Gracie's mother could have told her to make her speak in riddles. He certainly didn't, after all.

spaceWhen she gave her name, he smiled. Verily; that was an unusual name, to be sure, but pretty. He thought it suited her; she seemed a bit quirky, but sweet. There was also something innocent sounding about it, and looking at her, he'd definitely peg her as being an innocent sort of person. "There are much weirder names, trust me. I went to school with a girl named Laquisha." Laquisha had been an odd duck, all right, from her name to her interests to her fashion. She was a nice enough girl, though. Still won the contest for strangest name, though, at least in his book.

spaceVerily's next statement drew a worried expression from him. "What exactly do you mean, doesn't eat?" He chewed the inside of his lip, wondering how to broach this subject gently, because it sounded an awful lot like her cousin was anorexic. "She, uh... she doesn't have an eating disorder, does she? I know it's tough bein' a girl and all, but if she isn't eating enough, she needs help." Ken's hand went to his neck, rubbing awkwardly. He didn't mean to pry, but really, the idea that any girl would starve herself or force herself to vomit in order to be skinny or fit some ridiculous ideal of what the proper figure was appalled him. "But, no allergies? Then... any idea what she likes? Is she picky? If she's not eating much, she should eat food that is good for her, like avocados or aubergines." If the girl had an eating disorder, she needed to get the most out of what she was eating. And avocados and aubergines were exceptionally healthy. He couldn't do much, but he would do what he could to try and help.

✰ ✰ ✰

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:30 pm
User Image

User Image

Ver nodded her head at his question. "Yeah. I'm a sixth year." She smiled almost wistfully. "I can't wait for the trace to break in June. My cousin and older sister wave around the fact that they can do magic all the time." She shrugged and tucked a piece of hair behind her hair. "They always seemed so strange to me. But my father and mother were a bit..... anti-muggle. Acutally I'm sure my mother still is, but she's a crazy bitchnugget so I don't talk to her." Ver actually laughed as the words came out of her mouth. She'd thought them almost all of her life, but besides to her twin, she was pretty sure that was the first time she'd said them aloud.

Her blush deepened when he refused to ignore her comment and started asking questions and throwing solutions at her.
                                                        "She doesn't have an eating disorder!" She said automatically in defense of her cousin. She didn't want some stranger thinking that! Gracie would kill her! Ver raised grey eyes to look at the man, chewing on her lip. "Its not that she doesn't eat!" She paused, flicking her eyes back and forth trying to think of something. "She eats! Its just uh-uh-uh.... uh.... " Suddenly, on pure instinct, the red head leaped forward and planted a kiss on his lips quickly to both shut herself up and distract him long enough to allow herself to think.

As soon as her actions caught up with her mind though, she froze. Her eyes widened in the perfect impression of a deer in headlights before she blushed brighter than she ever had before and raced out of the store and full speed.
                                                        Gracie's list which had been clutched in her hand flew from her fingers and drifted slowly to the ground where she had been standing with him. It was all that was left of her presence, seeing as she had ran from there as fast as she had. Why in the world would she do that? What the hell possessed her to do that? What was wrong with her? Kissing people did not solve all her problems, all though, looking at her past, she did seem to be under the impression that they did. God those boys really had done a number on her head hadn't they?

She had just been so young when it all started. How was a 12 year old girl supposed to figure out boys and emotions and relationships and the like? Honestly. It was a wonder she wasn't more screwed up if she thought about it. Especially after Erik..... At the thought of the boy who'd screwed up her world she dropped to her knees only moments after running out of The Magic Neep. Even now the thought of him hurt. Even now when she was more filled with anger at him than longing or sadness. She hated him for doing this to her, and yet in the back of her mind she knew that at 12 she'd thought she'd loved him and they had gone through a lot together.... but he'd screwed up the one thing that meant almost as much as her family to her. He'd screwed up Darius for her and for that she'd never forgive him. Without knowing it, tears had started slipping down her cheeks, smudging the minimal makeup she wore.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:51 pm
User Image

✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth blinked. Sixth year... what did that mean, age-wise? American schools worked differently than British ones, after all... but, Elliott was supposed to start Hogwarts at 11, so sixth years were 16, right? When she spoke of the trace breaking, though, he had his answer. The trace broke at 17, so this June that was how old she'd be. So, he hadn't been that far off, after all. Not that it mattered, though. He guessed he just felt like it did because she was the first person relatively close to his age he'd really gotten to talk to in a while. And she was rather pretty, so he'd be hard-pressed to honestly not care about how old she was; he didn't want to be some sort of creep, after all. He tried, and failed, to suppress a laugh when she referred to her mother as a crazy bitchnugget, mostly because he thought that was a rather odd thing to call someone. But, his eyes grew a bit hard. Her parents were purists? She apparently wasn't, but still, that made him want to grind his teeth. Being a halfblood, he'd be hardpressed not to be offended at the mention of anyone thinking less of him because of his blood. He was just happy that Elliott wouldn't have to grow up with that same stigma.

spaceHe knew he'd made a mistake asking about her cousin the second her expression changed. Well, damn. He hadn't just put his foot in his mouth, he'd slammed it in there like an NBA player trying to dunk. Her sudden stuttering and bright red cheeks made him feel exceptionally sheepish; he really needed to remember that Brit's weren't as forward or blunt as Americans. They had all these rules about propriety that he wasn't used to; what he'd asked would've been borderline back in the States. Apparently, here it was way over in the territory of 'Why on Earth would you ask that?!' Before he could apologize, though, her lips were on his. His eyes opened wide, and sh was gone before he could even begin to process what'd happened. He looked down at the floor, at the note there, and his hand went to his mouth, rubbing. Well. That'd been... unexpected.

spaceKenneth took off after her, the shock wearing off and being replaced by concern. That was not a healthy response... what on Earth was she going through, that she thought that the way to get out of an awkward situation was to throw herself at a guy? A stranger, at that, someone she'd just met! Whatever it was, it couldn't be good, and he'd bet anything that she needed a friend. Besides, he couldn't just leave it at that. The southern gentleman in him refused to let a girl run off in distress because of him. He found her just outside his shop, on the ground, crying. He swallowed hard, and approached her, dropping down in front of her. "Hey, Verily, uh, look... I didn't mean to... to cross a line. I'm sorry, real sorry. If... if you need a moment... I mean, I'm sure you don't wanna hang out out here cryin', you're welcome to come back inside... you can head into the back, I'll leave you alone so you can relax, calm down a bit. There's a sink back there for you to wash up after, if you need to." The only thing keeping him from picking her up and forcibly carrying her back there was the fact that they'd just met; it was a familiar situation to him. Even now, he was struggling to keep from putting his hand on her shoulder, trying to dry her eyes or rub her back. It was too personal for someone he'd just met. But the instinct was there. "I'm real sorry for upsettin' you. Can't in good conscience leave ya out here. C'mon; I promise I'll shut up and stop askin' nosy questions." He held a hand out for her to take, hoping she'd at least come inside. He didn't think he'd forgive himself if she refused; it'd make him a complete a**, something he generally tried very hard not to be.

✰ ✰ ✰

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:54 am
User Image

User Image

Ver wiped at her eyes quietly, staring at the gravel infront of her. She knew Kenneth had followed her out, but she refused to look up at the moment. She'd totally lost it hadn't she? Let alone this poor guy probably thought she was some kind of slut now.... but to be real, wasn't she? That's what Erik and Darius and everyone had made her become hadn't they? Not that she'd really tried to stop them. She'd always been the quiet one. The push over. The one to let everyone walk all over her just to make them happy. And they all took advantage of that part of her. All of them except Elli. At the thought of her twin she slowly raised her eyes to look at Kenneth curiously.

He wasn't trying to use her either... She suddenly realized.
                                                        "I'm sorry." She finally whispered, pushing red curls from her face and shaking her head slightly. "I'm kinda ******** up." She said, sarcastic laughter sliding from her lips as she sniffled slightly. Grey eyes looked at his extended hand. Memories of Darius offering her his hand when she fell from her broom, and Erik offering her his hand all the times they wandered the castle together flashed in her mind, but this guy wasn't either of them. He was just a kind stranger. He hadn't meant any harm when he asked about Gracie. If she thought about it, he'd probably just been genuinely worried. It wasn't like everyone's first thought was that the strange red-head's cousin is a vampire.

That was probably the furthest thing from anyone's mind when she accidentally said things like Grace doesn't eat. She looked to the sky for a couple moments, before reaching out and taking his hand gently.
                                                        'Dear God, let me get my s**t together soon.' She silently whispered, before leveling her eyes to Kenneth and shrugging hopelessly. Something about the situation just made her want to laugh. He was apologizing for her outburst. What fantasy world did he live in? Where the random girl flinging herself at him was obviously his fault for being nosy?

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:49 pm
User Image

✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth gave he a sad smile when she told him that she was 'kinda ******** up.' "It's been my experience that most of us are... an' that the people who'll admit it are usually way less ******** up than they think," he said, his voice low, his southern accent drawing the words out slowly, a trick he'd picked up from his mother. Something about the slow drawl had always made him feel better. He had no idea if it worked on people who weren't used to the accent, but he could always try. When she took his hand, he grasped hers firmly and pulled her up slowly, gently, watching to be sure that she didn't fall over or trip. Something about her told him that she was just the sort to do that. But then, maybe he'd just had to watch too many romantic comedies with his ex. She'd had a lot of them, and made him watch every single one. He hadn't known it was possible to tell the same story that many ways with that many different characters... but then, they hadn't always been all that different, anyway. He watched her carefully, and then gestured back towards the shop. "Like I said, you're welcome to the back room to have a moment alone. I'm gonna grab your cuz's list an' see if I can find anythin' she wanted you to pick up." Kenneth figured that was the least he could do after he made such a big mess out of her coming in. He doubted he'd be seeing her again after today, which was a shame, because she seemed sweet and friendly, and he didn't have any friends on this side of the pond. But, he'd screwed up, after all. He was sure he could make other friends. He doubted any of them would refer to people as a 'crackpot treechopper,' though, which was a shame, because it had been pretty damn funny. Too bad he couldn't keep his foot out of his mouth.

✰ ✰ ✰

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:06 am
User Image

User Image

Verily smiled slightly at his accent. It was different from anything she ever heard in England and so much less proper, it was a nice change. If she really thought about it, she was rather sick of everyone and their proper lives and pretending everything was fine and ignoring all the problems. Hell her own father ignored her cousin's undead-ness as if by somehow pretending it didn't exist, it would suddenly not exist. As he pulled her up to her feet, her foot got caught on a loose stone and she tripped right into him. "Oof..." Part of her was quite glad he was there and she hadn't landed face first into the ground, but the other part of her felt like she was extravagantly good at making everything as awkward as possible no matter what.

She righted herself quickly and chewed on her lip, refusing to look him in the face as she followed him back into the shop. As soon as he pointed to the back room, she disappeared there and slid down a wall to sit and try and right her thoughts before having to face him again. What was wrong with her? She sighed and took a few deep breaths. She really really needed to get her s**t together. This poor guy probably thought she was some kind of freak or slut or something. She was surprised he was still being nice to her after everything she'd done. Most people would just let the crazy girl run away and cry by herself somewhere, not follow her and try and make it better. He was strange.

Cara MiaKitty

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces