View Results

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:45 pm
Hey guys! Fate here. I know it's a bit late in the day but here's this week's Ask The Guild! Some of our biggest guild concerns are listed below so feel free to post about those or ANYTHING that you want. This is your chance to ask our staff any questions that you may have about the guild, Gaia in general, or really anything.

This week on Gaia:
No Valentines day event!?
Yet MORE recolors (crappy ones too)
2 CI's per month now
And much more!

This week in the guild:
Don't forget about our Revolution Gaia avatars in the arenas! Set up a goldshop only avi and post it in the arenas with the Revolution:Gaia tag!

Also, we do still have a crossstitch thread for our own designs. Make something that tells gaia what you think. Make sure it fits with the theme of the cross stitch contest and then post it up in the thread and submit it.

We're starting up a Revolution:Gaia Magazine. For more info, go Here. You can subscribe there or just help out!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:09 pm
Holy cow, is it Monday again already?? gonk

Yep, I was noticing the decidedly silent week of V-Day this month...

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Hawkeyesgun

Timid Genius

11,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:24 pm
I cannot begin to tell you how upset I am with Gaia lacking a Valentine's Day event. It has ben one of the more exciting events of the year because I always get tons of horrible mad libs. You always get a heartsy item and tons of love from all of your friends and even some strangers. It pains me to say that Gaia is loosing all of the things that make it fun and unique, slowly but surely. I am feeling really upset this week. I think Flynn came back too.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:25 pm
I'd like to know how the guild members feel about blaming the CEO for every issue that Gaia has had. I ran into a few who were upset that I used the term "they" when referring to Gaia having problems instead of specifically mentioning the CEO.

The thing is, I don't particularly have strong positive feelings for our CEO, but at the same time Gaia staff makes up more than one person, and they're all in charge of different things. We can't know everything going on with them, so I found it more fair to not relate every mistake to the CEO because sometimes we don't and can't know if that's even the case.

I have no issue with people who dislike the CEO (or any staff member for that matter) but sometimes it just comes off as blind hate.

This wasn't meant to offend anybody (if it does, let me know!), I haven't come across this situation in the guild but I'd like to know what everyone thinks.  

Henmsji

Shameless Lunatic

Accalia Darkstorm

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:30 pm
I found what uncle kenny had to say about the vday event or lack there of,

Uncle Kenny
Thus far, I haven't received any instructions or material in order to put an event together and I'm not sure what the plan is for it or where it might stand. I can turn a simple event around in a day or two so it's possible I'll get something this week and can finish it on time but so far I don't have anything, sorry

i found it in a thread in the gaia discussion forum. apparently gaia cash is more important than than the people buying the gaia cash  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:31 pm
Kekora
I'd like to know how the guild members feel about blaming the CEO for every issue that Gaia has had. I ran into a few who were upset that I used the term "they" when referring to Gaia having problems instead of specifically mentioning the CEO.

The thing is, I don't particularly have strong positive feelings for our CEO, but at the same time Gaia staff makes up more than one person, and they're all in charge of different things. We can't know everything going on with them, so I found it more fair to not relate every mistake to the CEO because sometimes we don't and can't know if that's even the case.

I have no issue with people who dislike the CEO (or any staff member for that matter) but sometimes it just comes off as blind hate.

This wasn't meant to offend anybody (if it does, let me know!), I haven't come across this situation in the guild but I'd like to know what everyone thinks.

I agree with you there. I see people letting loose some of the worst language regarding the CEO, and sometimes also the COO. I mean, let's face it: Gaia's a team effort. Although it may be that the CEO is putting undue pressure on the rest of the staff, but still...

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:34 pm
Accalia Darkstorm

Uncle Kenny
Thus far, I haven't received any instructions or material in order to put an event together and I'm not sure what the plan is for it or where it might stand. I can turn a simple event around in a day or two so it's possible I'll get something this week and can finish it on time but so far I don't have anything, sorry

i found it in a thread in the gaia discussion forum. apparently gaia cash is more important than than the people buying the gaia cash

XP Yeah, I don't have much hope for his "in a day or two"...

I wonder if it would be effective to come up with a user-run event for Valentine's Day, at least in this guild. I think that could be interesting.

(Uh, just don't look at me for too many ideas... I like Gaia's holiday events, but I actually hate Valentine's Day itself...) stare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:35 pm
Accalia Darkstorm

Uncle Kenny

It's nice that he took the time to say that, it'll be unfortunate if we don't get any kind of event. Good thing there're a lot of generous Gaians who are ready to host their own Valentine's Day events. That's something to look forward to, I think.  

Henmsji

Shameless Lunatic

Accalia Darkstorm

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:43 pm
Kekora
Accalia Darkstorm

Uncle Kenny

It's nice that he took the time to say that, it'll be unfortunate if we don't get any kind of event. Good thing there're a lot of generous Gaians who are ready to host their own Valentine's Day events. That's something to look forward to, I think.

i also found that they are not doing anything for a gaiaversery either.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:44 pm
I really can't believe no Valentine's Day event! I'm just disgusted w/the people pulling the strings on the site these days. And yes, I think you should blame the guy at the top, not those that work at the site. Why? Because he is the boss. What do you expect Uncle Kenny and the rest to do? Refuse to do what they're told & lose their jobs? I'm just so sick of the freaking greed of the guys at the top. They've ruined the spirit of Gaia.  

eclaire5

Shy Protagonist

MURKR0W

Feral Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Hawkeyesgun
I cannot begin to tell you how upset I am with Gaia lacking a Valentine's Day event. It has ben one of the more exciting events of the year because I always get tons of horrible mad libs. You always get a heartsy item and tons of love from all of your friends and even some strangers. It pains me to say that Gaia is loosing all of the things that make it fun and unique, slowly but surely. I am feeling really upset this week. I think Flynn came back too.
is it confirmed that theyre skipping it?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:50 pm
Accalia Darkstorm
Kekora
Accalia Darkstorm

Uncle Kenny

Do you have the source for this? I'm not questioning your credibility, I'm just really curious.  

Henmsji

Shameless Lunatic

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:52 pm
Gaia: No event for you...but here, have some GC releases for Valentines day. We had time to plan ways to make money off the holiday but no time to plan a way to celebrate it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:55 pm
Kekora
Accalia Darkstorm
Kekora
Accalia Darkstorm

Uncle Kenny

Do you have the source for this? I'm not questioning your credibility, I'm just really curious.

the year with out v-day/gaiaversery first post has a clip of a conversation between uncle kenny and another gaian. I guess if you want to get technical uncle kenny said that the answer for whether or not there will be a gaiaversery is the same answer as the v-day event.  

Accalia Darkstorm

Witty Wolf

unicorndicks

Beloved Streaker

14,075 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:58 pm
I personally think there are still people working at Gaia that hate to see this happening to their beloved site, but can't stop the re-colors and re-releases because they are afraid of losing their jobs.. Uncle kenny is a good example of this. He took the time to let us know that there was no even for Valentine's day (which i'm pissed about..), which makes me believe he still has common sense.  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff