Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:36 am
We are still sitting at 5 announcements a day for the record, do you think they can break it this week with six? gonk

Last week's re-cap:

o Bundles x x x x x x x
o Recolors x x x x x
So how do you feel about the '03 recolors not being put into Denier Cri as we all expected. Some people feel that they used the mass recolor request poll to find out what we want most, only to put the most coveted colors up for GC, and the so-so colors in the gold shop instead.
o Mini RIG x

o We were introduced to 4 new Gold Generators this time around emotion_bigvein
l Pick a Card l Let It Ride l Lunar Lantern l Lunar Fortune Cookie l
Using a beloved NPC to push out their newest GG, Becky happily provided us with Pick a Card, offering the chance at an unprecedented 1 bil gold! While soon after Let It Ride was introduced offering chances of 2 bil gold, as if 1 bil wasn't enough.... and they let it ride for 3 days, only to provide us with 2 more gold generators in honor of Chinese New Year. Lunar Lantern offered users the option of items or gold, similar to Coin Toss, with the Angelic Halo offered as a rare chance. Whereas the Lunar Fortune Cookie dished out gold and items randomly, at the low low price of just 99gc
Hear our plea: Don't Let It Ride, Make It Stop!

o We have a new EI called Adamant Vault

o Contest and Sponsor items are now available via GC Bundles x x
This one is yet another slap in the face, especially those medals. What contest did users win that from, how many years ago, exactly? The Skittles sponsor event items, are they even allowed to make money off that considering they were once used as promotional "items", including the fact that they are associated to a copyrighted company? More ToS loop holes?

o Verge Mythril sets dropped in price this month.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Can this be considered more reasonable yet? Seems like a desperate attempt to keep the Vergers spending since there really are no longer any incentives left for them, except for access to those birthstone items.

What's new in the guild:
Let's welcome two of our new crew members, Izzy Said Rawr and Quadropopilous! You guys are awesome, we're proud you volunteered and excited to have you with us heart

o Quadropopilous has embarked on his own endeavor and is looking for participants to help with the Revolution: Gaia Magazine. A digital magazine created for Gaians by Gaians. If you've got the know how, or just want to write something check it out. I must say it already looks great wink

o Technicolour_Piston is looking for Alternative Revenue Ideas if you have something in mind, this is the place to post it. We know they are reading our Feedback in there ninja all they need is an idea they can implement that makes everyone happy.

o KittieCupcakes has set up the idea to send Gaia physical letters! This could be a good opportunity for us since e-mails don't seem to be getting though. You can check it out here, and a thread in Site Feedback. Let's give this a shot and spread the word!

There are so many things that you can do as a member to get your voice out even if you are not a thread maker.

-Dress your avi and submit a statement to the Avatar Arenas. Heck! Write something or draw something! People will see it.
-Use that Aquarium Message in a Bottle to tell other Gaians about something important
-Tips and up-votes can really help those who are trying to make a valid point.
-Make your statement in your signature for everyone to see, why not? everyone else is doing it, take a look see.
-Sign those petitions! They are waiting for enough members to just say "hey, I sign'

Even the little things that we do as Gaians, to support each other, will bring more voices to the forefront of the Gaia staff. Its a whole community effort.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:30 am
I love your announcement! LOL! Yep gaia wants to try and sell love,(spread some love) sounds illegal wink

Something I always forgot to ask when they had ask the admin was, why can't we delete multiple profile comments? Now I think of it! rolleyes  

shamantra

Allied Pal

23,225 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hero 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 am
Pwnder

Oh, don't forget that the site went down again in the last week - http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/gaiaonline.com.html

Some people suggest that the site is suffering attacks from hackers (DDoS) while others assume that the current leadership and its "figurehead" is tearing the site apart with his greed for money.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 am
CourageNFaith
Pwnder

Oh, don't forget that the site went down again in the last week - http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/gaiaonline.com.html

Some people suggest that the site is suffering attacks from hackers (DDoS) while others assume that the current leadership and its "figurehead" is tearing the site apart with his greed for money.

I'm more inclined to believe that it was due to their fiddling with things. We did get a staff alert about it, though I can't find the link xp
Was it a different date other than around January 29th?
staff alert

Site maintenance this morning - just a heads up!

Hey all,

Just letting you know that today (January 29th) at around 10 am PST we'll need to perform some unexpected maintenance. You know, fiddling with cables, pressing buttons and whatnot - all sorts of fun equipment checks! We don't anticipate this will affect anyone's Gaia experience, but you never know - it might! If you experience delays or errors posting, sending pm's, posting in guilds during this period of time, this would be why! We apologize for the last minute notice, but sometimes things just sneak up unexpectedly!

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:14 am
Pwnder

I'm more inclined to believe that it was due to their fiddling with things. We did get a staff alert about it, though I can't find the link xp
Was it a different date other than around January 29th?
staff alert

Hey all,

Just letting you know that today (January 29th) at around 10 am PST we'll need to perform some unexpected maintenance. You know, fiddling with cables, pressing buttons and whatnot - all sorts of fun equipment checks! We don't anticipate this will affect anyone's Gaia experience, but you never know - it might! If you experience delays or errors posting, sending pm's, posting in guilds during this period of time, this would be why! We apologize for the last minute notice, but sometimes things just sneak up unexpectedly!

Well, the two last alerts I got regarding this were the following:
Site Slowness

I also believe it was due to maintenance stuff. But once the site goes down, people like to post their "conspiracy theories" on what's happening, as you may have noticed in the comments of the "Is It Down Right Now ?"
I guess by now we need less theories and more accurate ideas.

I confess that these "down times" of Gaia are starting to worry me about its future.
And no, I don't believe the so called "Illuminati" are behind all this. xd

And this downtime happened on Febraury 1st (2 days ago).  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:27 am
Awww but I wanted to waste money I don't have on a site that doesn't care for me... why.. why is this not a sale. How dare you xD
I am very angry that they sold the o3 Recolors for cash. Instead of putting them DC* We need a gold sink. If they had put them there it would have put out millions of gold out of the Economy. We all know people would love to buy those items. I mean I admit that I was very tempted to buy them. But I was too angry with them for saying o3 recolors would be in the Loyalty shop (DC* for now) But they put them in the cash shop. It was a no go.

I am actually looking forward to the new EI. I love Ei items. I am disappointed with their most recent one (Tale of Clarion). Maybe they can do better this time?

Eh I hate how they used Becky. She has always been a favorite NCP of mine. Pretty soon she will be hated like flynn. I hate GG. And I think they need to stop them. I mean lets say they just put out the two in honor of the Chinese new year that would have been fine. But Sadly they pumped out 5 that's a no go.

I am disgusted by them releasing the skittles item. I am wondering very deeply if they could actually get in trouble for selling an item that is associated with a company that has copyrights.

As for the medal I am not so disgusted I saw it coming. I mean we do remember back in Jun/July with the Summer event how at the end of the event they sold the items? I knew it was a mater of time that they would sell event items again.

Verge Item set eh still super pricey but it is a drop rather or not its a good one I am not sure but oh well. I'd never buy them.

I am glag to be part of the guild and and the cause smile  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:46 am
Divinity's Reach is back!

For the 9001st time.... rolleyes *le sigh*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:51 am
Were there really 4 in the last 7 days? I guess it all kind of blurs together now. I keep referring to Vagah's announcement thread occasionally but geez. I know they're going to just keep selling them in the short-term but it's just so sporadic.

Thank you for putting my thread up there! <3 I'm going to keep working on other alternatives for Gaia's long and short term income rather than these two day flash sales. As much as people love the bundles and they'd be a good, long term addition to the cash shop (STAY there, or be a longer sale, or not a seven announcement deal), it doesn't look like they're getting what they need.

As for the Skittles wristbands, the medals, and even the Fish Mask debacle... I honestly believe that others are right and they might have a script to search for the highest searched and highest priced items (beyond kikis, wings, halos, components, materials and things like that) and then milk off of that. Which makes it all the worse, honestly.  

Shisa_Piston

Lunatic

unicorndicks

Beloved Streaker

14,075 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:55 pm
Hey guys! Back again for my favourite thing of the week biggrin
I'm thinking of joining the magazine.. anyone else interested as well?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:41 pm
Here but working. Shoot questions at me and I'll try to get back to you in a timely manner. ^_^  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:59 pm
Technicolour_Piston

I honestly believe that others are right and they might have a script to search for the highest searched and highest priced items (beyond kikis, wings, halos, components, materials and things like that) and then milk off of that. Which makes it all the worse, honestly.

I was pondering the same thing today, which reminded me that Neglected to add Winter Grab Bag Sale to the list. I wasn't exactly sure if it was a RIG or a bundle so I picked one up in the MP to find out. It was a RIG, I got Rich Camp, why Rich Camp? It was an event item at one point and it's going for 500k. I thought that maybe there was some script that pulled a random item from the MP that was approximately equal to your "draw" on this RIG. It really had nothing to do with "Winter" so it seemed out of place to me. If they are using scripts it just reinforces the idea of laziness we have envisioned of Gaia staff stare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:23 pm
We are losing Role-players faster than we can recruit them for the groups, that goes double for any potential artists and triple for anyone who can take care of Meta-Plots and lore-related regards. sad

What gives about all this?  

Javier Cross

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:28 pm
I am just sick to death of Gaia releasing and rereleasing Divinity's Reach over and over again. Do they not get the message that the value of the 03s it contains has been destroyed already? Guess not because Gaia will obviously do anything for a buck. Ten or twenty times, it seems.

Also, I found a Bundle of Bundles to be particularly pathetic, even for Gaia.
emotion_zombie  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Pwnder
Technicolour_Piston

I honestly believe that others are right and they might have a script to search for the highest searched and highest priced items (beyond kikis, wings, halos, components, materials and things like that) and then milk off of that. Which makes it all the worse, honestly.

I was pondering the same thing today, which reminded me that Neglected to add Winter Grab Bag Sale to the list. I wasn't exactly sure if it was a RIG or a bundle so I picked one up in the MP to find out. It was a RIG, I got Rich Camp, why Rich Camp? It was an event item at one point and it's going for 500k. I thought that maybe there was some script that pulled a random item from the MP that was approximately equal to your "draw" on this RIG. It really had nothing to do with "Winter" so it seemed out of place to me. If they are using scripts it just reinforces the idea of laziness we have envisioned of Gaia staff stare
What... what in the world... that HAS to be a script. That's beyond unrelated. We need to make a collection of these unrelated RIG item products. This is just bizarre.  

Shisa_Piston

Lunatic

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:50 pm
Technicolour_Piston
Pwnder
Technicolour_Piston

What... what in the world... that HAS to be a script. That's beyond unrelated. We need to make a collection of these unrelated RIG item products. This is just bizarre.

I went to check on what other people reported getting in this list and thought it strange that Rich Camp wasn't on it so I had to double check myself
Lol your not going to believe this, but I must have run into some kind of error this morning somehow. I haven't opened it yet, I don't understand how I ended up clicking on rich camp though... Strike everything I said just now. I slept like 3 hours last night sweatdrop
I got Azuramella, got my money back from it anyway. xp  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces