DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:08 pm
Well I've had a stack of Tyranids sitting on the shelf for a good six or seven years now, and never really started the army. With the release of the new codex, I've drafted a new list for a 1000pt list, and have all the models to make it work. With the models I've recently picked up and the ones I have on order, I have about 170 separate miniatures for 2500pts, sans upgrades. Buuut, first things first. Here's the list I'm working to build at the moment:

Tyranid 1000pt List
+++HQ+++

Hive Tyrant 165pts (Total: 210pts)
-Scything Talons 0pts
-Lash Whip and Bonesword 20pts
-Prehensile Pincer 10pts
-Old Adversary 15pts

+++TROOPS+++

Tyranid Warrior Brood (X4) 120pts (Total: 145pts)
-Deathspitter (X3) 15pts
-Barbed Strangler 10pts

Termagant Brood (X20) 80pts

Hormagaunt Brood (X20) 100pts

+++ELITES+++

Venomthrope Brood (X1) 45pts

Venomthrope Brood (X1) 45pts

+++FAST ATTACK+++

Gargoyles (X10) 60pts

Spore Mine Cluster (X3) 15pts

+++HEAVY SUPPORT+++

Carnifex Brood (X2) 240pts (Total: 300pts)
-Thresher Scythe (X2) 20pts
-Spine Banks (X2) 10pts
-Regeneration 30pts

Total: 1000pts

Photos thereof!

Hive Tyrant with personalized long base
User Image

Gargoyles, no conversions.
User Image

Venomthrope, first of two. Some liquid greenstuff to cover gaps in the carapace.
User Image

Carnifex, fully assembled.
User Image

Same Carnifex, in the separate magnetized pieces. Total of 14 magnets to be able to swap out the head, arms, carapace upgrade, and tail weapon at will.
User Image

Termagant brood, in various stages of completion.
User Image

Spore Mine cluster.
User Image

Hormagaunts. I filled the slotta bases with Milliput, shaved to a smooth bottom to weigh down the very forward-leaning models. Now no wobbly-model syndrome whatsoever!
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:04 pm
That's really cool, I love that custom base. I really should look into another army because Ultramarines are just...They just aren't doing it for me right now I dunno what to do...  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:25 am
Be sure to play loads while painting!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:27 am
What pixie-chan said, be sure to get plenty of games in, don't wait until it is all painted up.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:17 am
Volan d Vol
That's really cool, I love that custom base. I really should look into another army because Ultramarines are just...They just aren't doing it for me right now I dunno what to do...
Yeah, that's probably why I have four armies now. xp Gives me a chance to rotate around when my attention span runs out on a particular list.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:20 am
Vikki Stardust

Lt. Brookman
What pixie-chan said, be sure to get plenty of games in, don't wait until it is all painted up.

Absolutely, I'm still trying to construct the bits for that list, and then a pit of priming and layer-painting in the interim to chip away at the edges. I have 3 Termagants and a Warrior painted to spec from this list, and most of the Termagants have a couple layers already. Once I get everything constructed, which is 12 more Hormagaunts, a warrior, a Carnifex, and a Venomthrope, I'll be able to start playing.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:56 am
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
Yeah, that's probably why I have four armies now. xp Gives me a chance to rotate around when my attention span runs out on a particular list.

Yeah I might jump on the Tao band wagon since I have a few models already. But it looks great, I got the snot beat out of me by a 2000 point Nid list so they still can win games with overwhelming numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:43 am
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Yeah I might jump on the Tao band wagon since I have a few models already. But it looks great, I got the snot beat out of me by a 2000 point Nid list so they still can win games with overwhelming numbers.
Tau have some pretty nice models, I always get sucked into new armies by the aesthetics. xd  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:08 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Tau have some pretty nice models, I always get sucked into new armies by the aesthetics. xd

Yeah, I might have to pick up that Tao collection and get the battlesuits and such then pick up some more Fire Warriors cause I think I only have six.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:10 pm
DarkElf27
Vikki Stardust

Lt. Brookman

Absolutely, I'm still trying to construct the bits for that list, and then a pit of priming and layer-painting in the interim to chip away at the edges. I have 3 Termagants and a Warrior painted to spec from this list, and most of the Termagants have a couple layers already. Once I get everything constructed, which is 12 more Hormagaunts, a warrior, a Carnifex, and a Venomthrope, I'll be able to start playing.
Looking forward to seeing you win one. lol  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:08 pm
Lt. Brookman
This coming from the guy who can't win if his life depends on it. emotion_puke  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:44 pm
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Yeah, I might have to pick up that Tao collection and get the battlesuits and such then pick up some more Fire Warriors cause I think I only have six.
Fire Warriors are a must, I hear they get to Overwatch for neighboring units. Awesome!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:45 pm
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Vikki Stardust

Lt. Brookman

Hey! It's not my fault there's only one Synapse creature that meets Kill-Team criteria! emotion_donotwant Definitely looking forward to playing proper 1000pt games again though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:01 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Fire Warriors are a must, I hear they get to Overwatch for neighboring units. Awesome!

Yeah I'll have to pick up a Codex and see what's up with them.

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:00 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

The Tau are an army that benefit greatly from synergy and teamwork. For them to really get the most bounce out of every ounce you'll need at least one full squad of Pathfinders with markerlights to give the army a much needed boost in everything. Fire Warriors are good little soldiers to toss onto objectives and keep the enemy away, your real hits come from the Crisis Suits and the other assorted vehicles.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff