PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:27 pm
I KNOW I AM BEAUTIFUL!
Owner(s): Junglerunner
Pet Name: Santiel Delnaria.
Pet Image or Link:
User Image
Teepee Link: [x]
Tell me about your Pet:

In general, I won Santiel from an RP contest Rynn and Dae held. I have the actual entry saved somewhere but basically her personality remains the same though I had to plot something else than originally suggested in my contest entry, hense where Sabin comes in. Sabin was happy to get involved with plots as Rynn’s herd Vitterfolk is seeped in plots, and Warlock already has other plots with Santiel’s mother, so the plots surrounding Santiel and Warlock also makes sense as a follow on.

Here is her personality as it appears in my Teepee:

As A Foal:

Santiel is quiet and reserved, she takes after her mother for the most part, she has little inner strength and is generally unsure of anything new, on the flip side however she is overly curious about the world about her, an odd paring of qualities however but there you have it, it was a rather odd breeding to begin with. She approaches everything apprehensively but the undercurrent of the curiosity of learning something takes over, a bit like a shy book worm, always in search of more knowledge, she allows the search to push her over the ledge and jump into the unknown. This desire of maximising the potential of her mind often means she can at times be easily influenced by others, with a little persuasion that things are okay of course.

She leads a sheltered existence, her mother of course scarred and shaken from her past attacks have instilled that fear into her, and thus she remains in the same haven, living in innocence of the greater world around her. She dives into her schooling, relishing everything the herd has to teach her, finding she has a great love of herb lore, much to Malis' satisfaction no doubt. She is gentle and possess a kind soul, but is a little sensitive at times and takes things to heart a little too quickly.

As An Adult:

After events with Warlock, Santiel can't help but feel she's betrayed her herd, no one more strongly than Malis, as Santiel has taught some of Malis' herb lore secrets to Warlock in exchange for his own tutoring and her life. The dark magic Warlock has instilled in Santiel taints her soul and she vows never to use it, though the lure and temptation is always there. Warlock has released her from her form on imprisonment after she presents him with baskets from an 'arrangement' with his son Dareth, but she doesn't return home to the Vitterfolk, she can't face them and turns to hid and find some sanctuary within the mountains.

She has withdrawn from the world into the mountains, she also withdraws into herself. Of course like with mother it takes her a long time to open slowly up again. A late flowering bloom, with the help of a close friend and maybe even a stallion, with time she becomes something closer to the being she once was, but pausing to stop a little more, a little less trusting, and more acute to the change in facial expressions which display better the emotions and intentions of others than their words. Because of this she does become a little stronger, once possessing little inner strength, it was the close friendship with another that kept her going, but the whole event and working through is has helped her strengthen.

After her recovery she returns from her mountain retreat to reunite herself with her family and helps them to get through their imminent war. Her strengthen persona will be the light for others to see them through darker moments, perhaps not one to give a speech before a battle sort of strength, but a reassurance in the darkest of moments, when things are at their worse, that there is light and friendship in this world, a soft nuzzle, and a shoulder to lean on.

Tell me about your Plots:

Firstly, if you read the RP ‘Debts Owed’ you’ll gather that Amirynth owes Warlock and Disnia for the knowledge Warlock gave her, and the potion Disnia produced to allow her to be bold enough to meet Javan, Santiel’s father. Hense why Santiel is now paying her mother’s debts agreeing, reluctantly to be tutored by Warlock. Though of course nothing is free and Santiel is to be sent back to the Vitterfolk to learn from Malis herself, which starts in the ‘Homeward Bound’ RP. Warlock thirsts for knowledge, for knowledge is power after all, thus wants to learn of Malis’ shamanism, which Santiel is sent back to learn then to ultimately return and teach to him to complete the debt owed.

That is not the end to Warlock and Disnia’s scheming, Santiel is quarter Angeni, and shows a little more guts that her mother, thus Warlock wants the Angeni bloodline mixed with his own, harvesting whatever power and control he can from such a thing. Santiel will have to give her body over to Warlock’s son Dareth, leaving her baskets in Warlock’s care before Warlock admits he has gained all he can from her. Disnia might like to sacrifice her of course, but Santiel has other plans and escapes.

During her retreat into herself personally and time in hiding, not wanting to go back and admit her deeds to the Vitterfolk and Malis, she still finds some pleasure in learning healing skills. I want her to at this point meet other skilled healers, learning their trade, trying to occupy her mind with work, running from the emotions caused by her ordeal with Warlock.

Eventually she is to end up in Imladris, where she meets Anor. Anor becomes her life mate, though more than this she finds his quiet, protective personality a balm. Slowly she settles into work as a healer in the herd, helping those injured on Rockfall Slide. She also meets Alaistair, her Uncle!

Alaistair and her soon find out their shared bloodline and Santiel informs him of Amirynth’s whereabouts. When Alaistair feels it’s time to finally visit his sister Santiel will finally return to the Vitterfolk and face her demons, seeking out forgiveness from Malis, though conflicted whether to forgive her mother for making her daughter pay her debts.

RP links:

A New Beginning – Amirynth, Malis and Irlina, all played by Amirynth.
Debts Owed – Amirynth and Irlina played by Amirynth. Warlock and Disnia played by Sabin.
You Belong To Me - Warlock, Disnia and Dareth played by Sabin.
Homeward Bound - Amirynth and Irlina played by Amirynth.

Why do you think your pet should win?:

Honestly there are probably more Rped Soq out there, however I am not a fast Rper and I refuse to post anything if my muse is against it, hoping I am Rper others enjoy Rping with, giving more thought to my posts. But honestly I adore Santiel, my muse is always in favor of her, RP has generally been slow for her due to the fact I am still only really focusing on the main plots with Rynn and Sabin at present, Sabin who of course is on hiatus and Rynn of course has just given birth to her son. I myself have been on hiatus and busy IRL buying a house, so RP is slow.

I really hope you can merit the amount of plotting you can note that has gone on between the three of us to build such plots and the present amount of RP. I am not a fan of meet and greets, thus why I adore all Santiel’s RP as the plot is very interesting. I am looking forward to finishing off all current RP’s with Rynn and Sabin (if and when she returns) and having her meet a wider array of Soq, learning healing skills and then going on to practicing them.

If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?: A vial/bottle of philter, because without that Santiel wouldn’t exist, and for it was what all her early life paid for and scarred her adulthood.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:35 am
DROOL AT MY MAN!
Owner(s): JetAlmeara
Pet Name: Agave Noctis
Pet Image or Link:
User Image
Teepee Link: Link
Tell me about your Pet:
It's unlikely that Agave will ever win an award for being smart - indeed this stallion is more brawn then brains for the most part - which makes him a useful puppet in his mother's hands. Agave has been brainwashed into being the fighter that he is today - and is almost phobic of making a decision on his own.

He's a soldier - a follow orders without question or thought type of soldier. He is not cruel or sadistic by nature but does such things when directed to without questioning them, to Agave following the directions of his superiors is simply an instinct that's been beaten into him from foalhood.

Having freed himself from his mother's control Agave now finds that he is not quite a dumb as he was always told he was..rather it was a simple lack of education with stunted the stallion, turning him into more of a brute then a brain. Agave in his freedom has devoted himself to making up for lost time and while he can still be a bit decisive and anti-social at times...he's working on it.

Agave's mother takes great pleasure in causing Chaos and mayhem simply for the fun of doing so and in Agave she found a useful puppet to mold and train. This was made even easier on the mare when Agave proved to be less then the brightest crayon in the box. Agave has been molded and warped since birth into a puppet like machine that follows his mother's every whim without thought.

There is some light in the stallions future however - Agave's nanny is a slave named Supreme and unbeknownst to Pirata the brown mare has been whispering thoughts into the stallions head for nearly as long as Pirata herself - as a result Agave is not quite the cruel unthinking jerk that Pirata wanted him to be, though he takes great pains to be seen that way out of fear. During a trip to meet a neighboring ruler Pirata,Agave and their group is accosted by the enemy. Supreme is freed and Agave takes the chance to slip away himself. Wounded he made his way to the ocean in search of Aquitaine, the filly he met as a foal and then again when grown in secret. The mare is currently attempting to rehabilitate him so that he can enjoy a real life and they have fallen in love in the process.

Agave's story is far from ended however, he has recently made a decision, to completely give up the violent methods his mother taught him and become a pacifist, living in harmony with nature and life around him. Surely it is safe to do so now as it has been quite some time since he escaped his mothers grasp. In doing this however Agave is leaving himself vulnerable, skills fade without practice and despite the time lapse Pirata has certainly not forgotten her first born's treachery. With his first children on the way and Pirata still searching for him, things are set up for a less then stellar reunion and Agave might learn that there is folly in following the extreme's on either side.

RP links:

Previous Years
Wait..what?!? - Pirata demands that She-ra train her son
Chance Meeting Agave sneaks away and meets a filly in the meadows.
You don't belong here - Agave runs into Aquitaine again and risks everything to make sure she escapes his mothers Territory.
The Past Returned - Agave speaks with Supreme about his second meeting with Aquitaine.
To Prove yourself- Agave captures a wandering mare in order to prove to his mother that he still works for her.
Freedom Unleashed - Agave takes the opportunity of an unexpected Attack to slip from his mothers control and run away to the Ocean.
Overdue Reunion - Agave makes it to the Ocean and is found by Aquitaine.
Making adjustments - Agave attempts to deal with his new life.
Second Life Lost Aquitaine and Agave realize that they love one another.
Introductions- Agave meets Aquitaines family.

Big Decisions - Aquitaines shares her plans with Agave who is not at all pleased but comes to accept them as unchangable
Life Altering Announcements - Aquitaine returns home unexpectedly but Agave is pleased as it means he will be able to share a decisions with her..while Aquitaine has some news of her own.

Why do you think your pet should win?:

Agave is one of those characters who molded himself, when I got him he was intended to be Pirata's second in command, a true evil warrior - but Agave's inner voice wouldn't let me give him such a fate, he railed against my plans and developed into a somewhat tragic character - born into horrific circumstances, taught that he was too stupid to make real decisions and convinced he was good only as a warrior, Agave none the less seemed determined to be something more, something better, thanks in part to the teachings of his slave nanny and a bitterness for his circumstances started to build within the character - Agave hated who he was but feared the consequences of leaving it behind.

When Ironforge and his band of Knight came to free Supreme, Agave made the first real decision of his life and escaped his cruel life to seek the future that has always seemed lost to him. Fleeing to the only one outside his mothers herd that he knew Agave sought the help of Aquitaine and the two have made great strides not only in rehabilitating Agave but also in their relationship. Agave is the character who comes from terrible circumstances but climbs above it to shine anyways, completely turning away from his mothers negative influences to life a pacifist life of peace.

If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?: A dove, the symbol of peace and hope.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 am
YOU CAN SPOT ME MILES AWAY!
Owner(s): JetAlmeara
Teepee Link: Link
Tell me about your Teepee: My teepee fuses together three of my Loves..horses in the form of Soquili, Star Wars & Roleplaying. Each Soquili is given their own pages which covers the details of When & How they were obtained, their personality,back story and current status, family tree, familiar, roleplay, plots and Breeding. They are also given a color and symbol designation. The color represents which side they are currently on - Blue for good, red for bad and purple for Neutral. The symbol designates the truth of their heart..a rebel symbol means they want to do good, an Imperial symbol means they wish to do bad and a half/half symbol means they really only care about whats good for them. Each Soquili is also given a character designation - I admit I did this for fun one day, just to prove that everything can be related to Star Wars if you try hard enough and I had so much fun and laughs doing it with She-ra that I put it in my teepee.

I have attempted to make my Teepee simple to navigate and read through, providing links to specific soquili pages on the first page as well as a gathering of important information in one convenient location.

Why do you think your Teepee should win?: Because its Star Wars? Okay so thats my complete bias talking but really I've put a lot of effort into keeping it up to date and neat looking. I think I spend more time on my Soq journal then I do my journals in any other shop by far lol
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: Erm..something star wars related? One of the Symbols perhaps, Rebel most likely.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:52 pm
Owner: Kaitaia
Teepee Link: here
Tell me about your Teepee: When I decided to revamp my teepee and make it an actual database for my Soquili, I set out to make a simple, clean and easy to navigate template that was still visually pleasing. The graphics are simple, but quite lovely. Its functional for both myself and others wanting to know more about my horses. I like the use of the spoiler tags to hide information and codes for my personal use that might not be relevant to other people perusing my teepee.
Why do you think your Teepee should win?: Before 2013, my teepee was a giant convoluted mess with little relevant information. I had done the original set up back when I only had one Soquili, Auster. In June 2013 I revamped the entire thing and set up a post for each Soquili, with detailed information in a nice easy layout. I know that some of the information is missing such as the descriptions of their personality and that the front page isn't finished to my liking (when is a teepee ever finished? x3), but I feel like 2013 was such an important year for the progress of my teepee.
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: Branches and feathers, please! Like the banners in my teepee layout. <3  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:02 am
Owner(s): techabyte
Teepee Link: Of Bytes and Pixels
Tell me about your Teepee:
- For years I have revamped and re done several things to my teepee. I've done banners and different sayings. I've altered every little bit. Even to how many posts each Soq got. I finally believe I got it down right. The first page is a basic directory pages, with the icons of the Soquili down below sorted between mares and stallions, and each one clickable to take you to their page. It's well organized, and lovely. All the images are similar, so that they are cohesive and beautiful together. Just like most other Teepees, I don't have /all/ the information filled out. But, it's a slow moving process.
Why do you think your Teepee should win?:
Every day I do a little bit more work on my teepee, if not a lot. I try to get everything done as quickly as possible. I can't say why I should win over anyone else, honestly. Everyone does an amazing job in their Teepeees. And I do the same. I work hard to make it look lovely and organized. This past year was the year I did all my banner updates and main organization. This year I put a ton of effort and work into my teepee.
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?:
Branch with some gears hanging from it?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:26 am
I KNOW I AM BEAUTIFUL!
Owner(s): Kamiki & Sabin Duvert
Pet Name: Kumiho
Pet Image or Link:
User Image
Teepee Link: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=19&t=23028101#338230797
Tell me about your Pet: Sharp, sly, and deceptive, Kumiho is a malevolent trickster. Kumiho enjoys planning, plotting, and maximizing the misery that she causes in others through elaborate tricks and deceptions. She is equally comfortable in either her fox-form or soquili-form, she will use what has the greatest potential for the situation. She is not a cursed skinwalker - she was born as she is, and considers herself as much a Fox as a mare. She also cares more for her appearance than most skinwalkers, to the point of being downright vain. However, she is as bloodthirsty and cruel and callous as any skinwalker. Her patience is her defining characteristic that allows her to weave tortures that sometimes take years to come to fruition.
Kumiho came across the strange beast named Cerberus. He was a strange and special creature, and Kumiho honed in on him immediately. Despite his ferocious and intimidating demeanor, Cerberus was a simply a freed slave who was desperate for a master and direction in his life. Kumiho quickly used her wit and wiles to tame the beast, calling him her partner when in reality he was little more than an impressive and useful puppet and bodyguard. A loyal hound she kept at her side to protect her from any that would do her harm; and someone large and intimidating to fight her fights when it was time for a physical altercation.

Though the relationship between Kumiho and Cerberus was tenuous at best, and sometimes downright violent and cruel; eventually the partnership between the two monsters found Kumiho heavy with foals. A fleeting instinct deep within Kumiho's black soul glimmered; her own twisted and pride and superiority drove her to ensure her children would be just as strong and beautiful as she was; and she hatched a wicked plan to make it happen.

In a stoke of fate that intertwine the two for years to come, Kumiho came across Stormwild, a powerful Elder wind Soquili, who had left her herd (unknowing she was pregnant) on a quest to find her estranged stepson. She had just given birth to four baskets, alone, and was exhausted and weak. Kumiho saw her chance and took it - brutally. She sent Cerberus in the attack - ordering him to keep the new mother at bay while she slipped in to steal the baskets.

It was a success- mostly. Kumiho got away with three of the baskets in tact, while the fourth has been mangled in the battle. Three was all she needed for her purposes, however. When her own foals were born, she viciously murdered Stormwild's foals: ripping open the basket and placing her own newly born babies into the basket with the corpses. Kumiho believed these bodies would provide bloody nutrition for her own foals as they grew.

Of course, as is the case with all skinwalkers, the pride and narcissism never gave way to motherly affection, and by the time the babies actually emerged from their baskets, she wanted little to do with them. Cerberus tended to their care as best he could, but three children were chased out Kumiho's territory as soon as they were able to fend for themselves.

The years passed. Their fates still intermingled, Kumiho and Stormwild came to be pregnant again in the same span of time. Taking it as a grand omen, Kumiho decided she would take Stormwild's baskets again; nearly delirious in the prospect of forcing the mare to relive the same horror she had done in seasons past. However, this dizzying anticipation gave way to reckless pride; despite protests from Cerberus, Kumiho was determined to steal Stormwild's baskets even though that meant launching an attack on Stormwild's territory.

It was a miserable failure. Stormwild's herd is strong and well protected. Even a beast as grand as Cerberus could not hold off an entire herd of strong wind warriors willing to die for their Elder Alpha. Amoung the protectors of the herd was Thunderbird himself - an Angeni born from the soul of the murdered soul in the fourth mangled basket from Kumiho's first attack.

Enraged by her failure to obtain Stormwild's baskets (and barely escaping with her life), Kumiho vowed to get revenge. She immediately began to plot her next move; more determined than ever to destroy Stormwild and her family. Her own foals eventually were born during the emotional and mental fallout of her failed attack, and placed into regular Kawani grass baskets Cerberus stole from an offering post. Disgusted by her failure and determined these baskets would not be worthy of her bloodline without the blood and nourishment of a "used" basket, she attempted to cull her children, writing them off as failures and a bitter reminder of her defeat.

Despite some of the atrocities he had inflicted during his life, this act of cruelty was one Cerberus could not muster himself to do. Even through he was commanded to by the one he called Master, he could not bring himself to murder his own children, nor stand idly by as Kumiho did it for him. He put his paw down and refused. It was not easy for Cerberus to stand up to his Master. He was a slave to loyalty and he had not, in as long as he could remember, made such a bold decision by himself.

This act of defiance, however, did not fly in Kumiho's eyes. A fight broke out and quickly turned physical as Cerberus, for the first time in his known existence, broke his mental shackles and realized there was nothing truly holding him to Kumiho. Unable to overcome the massive monster in a physical battle, and weakened by childbirth, Kumiho ran away again, leaving Cerberus to raise the baskets on his own.

Kumiho has sworn she will one day, somehow, get revenge on Cerberus for his defiance. Stormwild, as well, and Kumiho has the patience to let her plots simmer for years until they ripe for fruition. In the meantime, Kumiho made a promise to herself to 'make up' her last batch of failures by creating true masterpieces of evil: purewalker children.

RP links:

Why do you think your pet should win?: Kumiho is one of my most developed mares, with a plot that has run for years (2007 I think?) and I still have many more plans for her.
If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?: A delicate mix of beauty and danger. She' loves intricate hair pieces and fine silk, like the one she wears, perhaps laced with a bit of blood.  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:08 am
CLOSED FOR JUDGING.

PATIENCE PLEASE.
Thank you and good luck everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:11 pm
So many amazing entries this year!
Thank you all for entering! If you didn't win this year make sure not to give up and try again next year! You never know! You are all awesome.
But there can only be three winners... our Yearly Spotlight Winners 2013 all fought hard and eventually found themselves at the top of the pile.

They are.........

WINNERS

MALE SPOTLIGHT:: XBlind-DarknessX -- Prince Craevan Evarcrest
User Image

User Image w/o accessories

NB: I will give the image you requested a go, but it might be too complicated. So if I fail have a little think about an alternative 'thought' for him please. Thanks.

XBlind-DarknessX

FEMALE SPOTLIGHT:: JetAlmeara - Mercy
User Image

JetAlmeara

TEEPEE:: techabyte
Said Teepee link

techabyte

All these fabulous familiar's are by the wonderful Odet Amo. Please go to her TRADING PLACE STORE to get them certed!
You may give them away to a friend, or keep them, bond them to a soquili or keep them unbonded, use their 'punked' version, plain version... both! It is completely up to you!

Enjoy!

CONGRATULATIONS WINNERS!

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

junglerunner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:14 pm
Congrats all!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:59 pm
Thank you Sya! I will definitely think up an alternative just in case!

-Squees and huggles Craevan-

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out