Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:15 pm
SPECIAL YEARLY SPOTLIGHT 2013!

Along side the monthly spotlight once a year we will have a special yearly spotlight!
It will be held to celebrate great memories from the year before! (2013!)

Opening: NOW!
Closing: Friday 10th January - 4pm GMT
TIMEZONE CLOCK

NB: Even if I am not online to 'close' this, any applications recieved after 4pm will be ignored.

Prize: A custom medal of your pet AND a surprise!

Hopefully winners will be annouced pretty quickly after closing.

Rules:
  • You must enter your own pet or teepee, but do not need to enter for all three catagories.
  • Pets must have some sort of RP to qualify entering.
  • There will be judges, but we shall not be revealing who they all are. If you do happen to have any questions please do not be afraid of PMing Syaoran-Puu. She doesn't bite, just remember she is GMT (England) so may not be around at the exact moment you PM her. Please be patient.
  • There can only be ONE winner per catagory:: Male pet, Female pet and Teepee. The medal will be custom edited to resemble the pet (and the teepee winner can discuss edits or colour changes with Sya should they win... i.e. A feather from one of their soq ...etc). The original medal was created by Tanukyle.
  • Anyone may enter. Please do not discourage others from entering.
  • Only entries should be posted here. Keep chat in the main store thread.
  • More will be added if needed.

FAQ's:
  • Can I enter for all catagories?
    Yes you can enter for all three... and you can win all three. You will not be penalised just because you have entered more than one catagory.
  • I want my pet to get the spotlight, what can I do to make you pick them?
    Well, to get them picked you need to show us that they deserve it. Be it with some great RPs/Plots, or maybe a jazzy design.... we want to see some heart and effort.
  • I bribez u 2 pick me?
    Em.... no.
  • I don't think any of my pet's deserve it but *** owned by *** does. Can I enter them?
    Sorry, you must own or co-own a pet to enter them, but feel free to PM your friend to ask them to enter themselves! Sometimes people just need a little encouragement to have faith in their awesomness.
  • I'm staff, may I enter?
    Yes you may. Only the judges may not enter. Being staff will not have any effect on winning since we will be judging on the entries and not who entered them.
  • Not all of my RPs have been finished....
    Post them anyway! I love reading RPs, and even if they are not finished as long as they are a few posts long you can catch a glimpse of the characters involved.
  • My pet is just pure awesome but I don't RP... can I still enter?
    Afraid not, spotlights are to celebrate RP and plots so you must have RPed at some point the previous year to enter.
  • My pet may not look the nicest to everyone else but I love it... will that affect the judges?
    We will not be picking the pet winners based on looks, stories, personality and RP are far more important.
  • I co-own a pet someone and they have entered them, but I want to enter another of my pets for that same catagory... am I allowed?
    Yes you can enter one pet for each catagory, if a co-owner for a different pet has entered already that won't affect you... in most cases only one person RPs a co-owned pet.
  • I have won a monthly spotlight for this pet already this year... will that make me less likely to win this?
    It won't have any effect on your entry. The yearly spotlight runs along side the monthly ones, it is completely seperate.
  • If I win this does it mean I won't get a chance to win the January spotlight?
    It won't have any effect on your chances. The yearly spotlight runs along side the monthly ones, it is completely sepeate.
  • Why have a Yearly Spotlight?
    The Yearly spotlight is to celebrate a fantastic year of plotting, RP and teepee updates. And we know there are pets out their worthy of this honour! Our mission is to find them... so please help us =D
  • Do all the RPs listed have to be 2013?
    No, but at least one must since this is a special award for 2013! Show me what you're pet is made of!
  • Can I have a link for past contests?
    Sure thing. Yearly 2011 and Year 2012.
  • Can I reserve a post and fill the form in later?
    I would rather not. Mostly because so many people forget to come back and do just that. Sorry guys <3
  • Can soquili like Usdia's, Mini's and Mer's enter?
    Of course! Any soquili is welcome to enter, only familiars are unable to enter at this time.
  • I have two females I want to enter, can I enter them instead of a male?
    Unfortunately no. You may enter each category only ONCE, so much pick between the two mares. Sorry about that, this is to make it fair and to encourage people to seriously consider who they enter, I know for some people this decision will be extremely hard, especially if they have been particularly active with their RP this year.

• More to come as they are asked....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:16 pm
Entry forms:

Male Pet:
[size=20][b][color=blue]DROOL AT MY MAN![/color][/b][/size]
[b]Owner(s):[/b]
[b]Pet Name:[/b]
[b]Pet Image or Link:[/b]
[b]Teepee Link:[/b] (If you have one)
[b]Tell me about your Pet:[/b]
[b]Tell me about your Plots:[/b]
[b]RP links:[/b]
[b]Why do you think your pet should win?:[/b]
[b]If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?:[/b] (i.e Heart, Star etc)

Female Pet:
[color=hotpink][b][size=20]I KNOW I AM BEAUTIFUL![/b][/size][/color]
[b]Pet Name:[/b]
[b]Pet Image or Link:[/b]
[b]Teepee Link:[/b] (If you have one)
[b]Tell me about your Pet:[/b]
[b]Tell me about your Plots:[/b]
[b]RP links:[/b]
[b]Why do you think your pet should win?:[/b]
[b]If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?:[/b] (i.e Heart, Star etc)

Teepee:
[b][color=green][size=20]YOU CAN SPOT ME MILES AWAY![/color][/size][b]
[b]Teepee Link:[/b]
[b]Tell me about your Teepee:[/b]
[b]Why do you think your Teepee should win?:[/b]
[b]If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?:[/b] (i.e Hearts, Roses etc)

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:18 pm
Sample Awards:

Yearly award for 2012:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Yearly awards for 2011:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sample:
(Not an official award, simply a sample using one of Sya's pets since they will never win)
User Image

Please note that I will allow you to pick something for them to 'say', keep it simple, if I can't do it then I will let you know and we can discuss something else. I will do my best to portray your pet to their fullest.
For the teepee again we can discuss customistion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:20 pm
OPEN!

Good luck everyone!
*huggles*

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm
DROOL AT MY MAN!
Owner(s): XBlind-DarknessX
Pet Name: Prince Craevan Evarcrest
Pet Image or Link:
User Image
Teepee Link: {X}
Tell me about your Pet:
Once upon a time there lived a benevolent and courageous king who ruled over a prosperous herd. Though this king seemingly had everything, he longed for the companionship of another and eventually ended up entering into a loveless lifemate with a beautiful mare. From their union a colt was born, a male heir who would eventually inherit his father's herd and responsibilities.

Happiness did not last long as the colt's mother vanished one day, never to return again. The prince's father was deeply hurt by her dismissal of all he had given her, an event that is speculated to have contributed to his later madness.

Even without his mother the colt grew up to be both strong and handsome, a perfect prince. Even with such splendid traits this prince still felt fearful and hesitant about his worthiness as a future leader but he managed to keep his true feelings concealed, that was, until the day of the "Great Rebirth" as it would later be known.

The prince and his father chanced upon a manmade coin one day when they were walking through the kingdom. Though the prince dismissed the coin as of little consequence the king became enamored with the object, picking it up and taking it back to their kingdom where he claimed it was a gift from a deity that would enable him to become a better ruler.

Everything started going downhill from that point as the king made poor decision after poor decision based on the flipping of the golden disk he claimed was a gift from above. One side would tell him yes while the other would tell him no and, against common sense or better judgment he would adhere to the answer given.

His fear of leadership, of failure and of defying his father kept the prince quiet and he merely sank into the shadows as his kingdom and subjects were tormented and destroyed. He clung to the hope that his father would one day regain his former self and toss the disk aside, but that day never came and the cowardly prince ignored the suffering of those who believed in him.

One night the prince dreamt of a beautiful, shining white unicorn speaking to him. She delivered him a message concerning the kingdom and berated him for not taking action against his father. The pure one told him to act, to save the kingdom, before dusk on the following day or a punishment far worse than any he could imagine would be handed down.

The prince did as the pure one asked; adorning himself in his finest armor he set out to stop the king and save his subjects.

The king looked upon the prince with eyes that told him he would be more willing to die than to willingly hand over the throne and the prince's resolve failed him. He could not kill his father anymore than he could lead he herd. Lowering his head and turning his back upon the king he silently announced his defeat.

Dusk broke and he was thrown to the ground by an invisible force, the voice of the pure one echoing "Accept it" in his mind. Pain overtook him as sharpened teeth grew painfully from his gums and his armor drained of its golden hue, turning to a cold silver instead. His white cloak stained with crimson and eventually turned to a deep purple, lastly the scent of blood and the sound of a thousand heartbeats replaced the fearful screams made by those around him.

He didn’t remember standing or how it felt when he ripped into the first jugular vein and drained the victim of blood, all he knew was that this was the punishment the glimmering one had spoken of. When the haze of blood had cleared within his mind he was left standing in the midst of his kingdom, bodies strewn everywhere. He had killed every last one of them, drained them of blood, and now wore a mask of it on his face. He had even killed his own father.

You may read the full version here.

Tell me about your Plots:
Craevan has lived in isolation since the event, his only contact with others being with the unfortunate few who wander onto his turf and never leave. He has deemed himself a monster and hidden away from the view of others, terrified of himself and of hurting others.

One day a fearless mare named Risit was driven to his forest by an ominous and confusing vision. Upon meeting with the beast of the forest she realized that they were somehow connected, that her vision had led her to him for an unknown reason. She knew one thing for certain though, he would be a big part of her future and she a big part of his. That fact was solidified after he was able to guess her name before she formerly introduced herself. She was told to leave and never return, and she did leave, but she would not be able to stay away.

Upon her return Craevan gave in to his bloodlust and the beast surfaced. After a terrifying game of cat and mouse the beast caught Risti and she was injured. Craevan looked after her as she recovered, feelings that he never knew were possible began to surface and, even after he hurt her, the beauty began to fall for the beast.

In the future Craevan will have allowed Risti to remain by his side and their feelings for one another will have grown into true love. The beast will remain silent for the time she is with him and he begins to believe that the curse may have come to an end. It is at this point that he will impregnate Risti with the intent of living a happily ever after with his family.

When the foals have left their baskets and begun to walk and explore the world the beast will return. It will hunger for the blood of his children and he finds himself stalking his young. At this point he will send Risti and the foals away using whatever tactics the task requires. After having her heart broken by her love Risti will leave and Craevan will once again be left alone.

Craevan will sink into despair and his heart will give in to the darkness inside, he will allow the beast to take over. At this point a mare with dark intentions will come along and manipulate his dark side, using him for her own nefarious deeds. After hearing him call out Risti's name repeatedly in his sleep the new mare will test his loyalty by asking Craevan to kill her.

He enters Risti's life with the intent of killing her, but even the beast falters upon seeing her. He is unable to kill the mare he loves and as both his dark side and his princely side come to an agreement over her he begins to realize that they may be one and the same. That the pure one telling him to "accept it" meant that he was to accept both sides of himself and unite them as one.

But this is not the end for he has made a very powerful enemy, one who now carries his child and wants nothing more to see him suffer after his betrayal. Similarly, Risti has found another stallion and has started a new family all her own, and she is not so willing to leap into the arms of the one who shattered her heart.

The future remains uncertain, but there is one thing for sure, it will not be an easy path to tread...

RP links:
Rumple and Stiltskin -- Risti & Craevan -- CONCLUDED

The Broken and the Beast -- Risti & Craevan -- CONCLUDED

Fragile and New --Risti & Craevan -- ONGOING

The Hunter and The Hunted --Ungwe Nique & Craevan
-- ONGOING

Why do you think your pet should win?:
I believe Craevan should win because his story, though very fairytale -- as is my intention considering he was won from the Once Upon a Time event --, is a very fun, in depth one that can take many more twists and turns than I have outlined here. His story has literally just begun and I can't wait to allow his muse to lead me wherever it wants. His story is literally just beginning and I can't wait to see where it will go. As I interact with other members of the shop his plots will evolve and change and his story will grow exponentially.

If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?: Likely a nightshade flower, dripping blood, encircled in a broken crown.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:28 am
DROOL AT MY MAN!
Owner(s):

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

Pet Name:

Mest

Pet Image or Link:

User Image

Teepee Link:

[Here]

Tell me about your Pet:

Mest's Personality

Mest's mind is fragile and bent due to both physical and mental damage from others. Because of this, he has three different sequential parts to his personality. (And since my RP timeline is all over the place, have all three!)

Pre-Amnesia

Mest is quiet and keeps to himself, despite the attempts from his herdmates to get to know him. The only members of the herd that get anything out of him are his fellow warriors. As the head warrior of the herd, he is fiercely loyal to his fellow fighters and is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. When he comes back to the herd, the only one he will speak to is Uzor, the shy one, who seems to have cracked whatever shell Mest had put around himself.

The Amnesia Arc

Mest clings to anything that brings him a sense of normality. He is weaker in a sense, because it is like he's a new mind in an old body. Reflexes and senses that he has no idea how to use efficiently are the main cause of his unease. However, as time goes on, he begins to feel comfortable in his skin again. But at the same time, small holes are opening up in his memories. Things that should be, aren't there, and Mest begins to realize that he's been living a lie.

Post-Amnesia

Violent and reclusive, Mest lives a life of solitude. Since he cannot control his lust for fighting and vengeance, he would rather stay away from other Soq and just hunt small animals. He does get quite lonely, but hides it well under his tough and brutal exterior. His uneasiness around others is entirely due to his past hardships with manipulation and deceit. He trusts absolutely no one and is the first to strike in any situation.

Personality Points

Things that stay the same throughout his battle with amnesia

► His special ones are always his top priority; he is a protector at heart
► He possesses the finely-honed skills of a warrior (superior hearing, reflexes, etc.)
► He has a soft spot for foals, most likely due to his abandonment, and refuses to hurt them
► He has problems with authority figures and dislikes being told what to do, but will grudgingly do things if it is to the benefit of those he cares for
► Despite not being able to eat meat, he relishes in the hunt and kill

Mest’s History, pre-amnesia

Mest was abandoned by his mother at a very young age when he fell ill. He stumbled on, sick with fever, until a beautiful brightly-colored mare found him and took him in. Little did he know, the mare was a dear friend and adviser to a prominent herd alpha. He was quickly accepted into the herd and given a home and family. However, because of his abandonment and harsh early upbringing, he was often quiet and kept to himself.

In his adolescent years, he began to take notice of the shy son of the adviser that had rescued him. He shared her bright orange and cyan colors and was wrapped in white silks and gold. His long blond mane was curly and dotted with jewels. Mest was instantly taken with him. But whispers throughout the herd told him that the son, Uzor, was promised to the Alpha's daughter, Jasmine, and Mest stomped his feelings down, unwilling to endanger his stability in the herd.

However, he found the pull of Uzor's sandy-colored eyes to be too great as he entered his adult years. Uzor's mother found it increasingly interesting that the head of the herd warriors - the scariest stallion, decorated with skulls of his unfortunate victims - had befriended the gentlest and shyest stallion. He often came to Mest with questions of hunting and battle, things Mest saw and participated in often, while Mest would quietly inquire about Uzor's studies as he worked to be an adviser like his mother.

It was inevitable that they would fall in love. But life was unfair. Uzor was promised to another. And then the skinwalker came...

Mest recent history

Mest is taken from the field of mangled bodies by a stranger masquerading as his lost love. This stranger, Lazarus, believes that Mest was the one to destroy the herd around him, and decides to manipulate him so that Mest will protect him.

Lazarus takes Mest back to Nellene, a Kalona mare who Lazarus works for. Nellene sees potential in Mest that she doesn't see in Lazarus and seeks to eliminate the spare. During the Kalona meta, Mest, Lazarus, and Nellene start to journey towards a nearby herd to drop off a displaced foal and so that Nellene can enact her sinister plot to have Lazarus killed by another of her minions.

Future Plots

RP-wise, Mest is at the point where his devotion to Lazarus is being tested through the trials that Nellene is underhandedly throwing their way.

► Nellene will send a minion of hers (Chloris) to kill Lazarus once the group is near to the herd they are traveling to. Mest will protect Lazarus, and know that Nellie had something to do with it. This will drive the wedge further between the three, and Mest will continue to be suspicious of Nellie, despite not having any concrete proof of her involvement.
► In the midst of the Kalona war, Lazarus will become more power-hungry and seek more from Mest. Mest becomes uneasy with the changes Lazarus is undergoing as more holes in his memories are filled.
► Mest comes across an odd feral foal (Growl) in his travels, and takes him in, despite Lazarus' reservations on the matter. He and Lazarus teach Growl the darker side of life, and how the dark can still be good. Growl will leave at some point, with Mest's teachings and blessings, to search for more.
► Seeing how much closer Growl brought him and Mest, Lazarus hatches a plan to keep Mest with him for good, and invokes the Wishing Star to help him. (Mock baby plot; May alter plots after this post slightly)
► At some point, while Lazarus is away, Nellene will seduce Mest, resulting in Nellie becoming pregnant. Lazarus comes back to find the two and learns of Nellie's pregnancy.
► Lazarus and Nellie fight. Mest is torn between the two. On the one end, his precious one who has changed so much, but still possesses the majority of his heart. On the other end, Nellene, who is pregnant with his children. In the end, Mest ends up running Lazarus off to protect his unborn foals, and his heart crumbles.
► The entirety of Mest's memories finally come back at the worst of moments. Realizing how thoroughly manipulated he was, he leaves Nellene to travel on his own. He deals with all the horrible things he did under her employ and the realization that his true love is most likely dead.
► In the far future, Mest and Lazarus will meet again. Lazarus will apologize for his manipulation. Mest is torn once again.
► Nellene will find Lazarus and dump her and Mest's children with him, leaving Lazarus with the minions he always wanted to raise as he chooses.

Further plots with Mest will involve me customing in his lost love, Uzor. This will lead to an entirely new, larger arc, as Mest will need to save him from his captor.

RP links:

Pre-Amnesia

A Twisted Dance [Complete]
Brief Summary: Mest sets out to destroy the arranged union between his herd alpha's daughter and his true love, Uzor.

During Amnesia

The Awakening [Complete]
Brief Summary: Mest awakens amid a field of bodies, unsure of who he is or how he came to be there. Lazarus sees this as advantageous and brings Mest back with him.
Pre-War Worries [Complete]
Brief Summary: During the beginnings of the war with the Kalona, Mest and Lazarus talk.
Journey of Deceit [In Progress]
Brief Summary: The malevolent ragtag group of Mest, Nellie, and Lazarus keep on the move while the battles rage around them. Mest comes across a miniature foal, separated from his family, and feels the strange urge to take him to safety. They travel towards a nearby herd to drop him off, but unbeknownst to Mest, Nellie has something sinister planned for Lazarus upon their arrival.

Why do you think your pet should win?:

Mest is one of my oldest and dearest OCs, and is the first OC that I've had customed into Soquili. He is always one of my most active muses, and I adore his plots, however mean and evil they may be. He is probably the Soquili that I throw the most toxic curve-balls at, and how he manages to overcome the many obstacles sent his way makes him just that much more special in my eyes, and hopefully in the eyes of others.

If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?:

Mest has a habit of collecting the skeletal remains of his victims, so I believe a bloody skull of some variety would be most appropriate.  

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

FallenThroughMidnight

Questionable Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:57 pm
YOU CAN SPOT ME MILES AWAY!
Owner(s): FallenThroughMidnight
Teepee Link: Link
Tell me about your Teepee: It's not especially pretty, but it isn't meant to be. It is meant to be a quick, easy reference for my characters, who they are, where they've been, and what they're looking for. I think it does exactly that. I finally set it up properly, and I am so happy with it. I am also totally fine with other people using the format to organize their teepees, a good layout is a sharable layout.
Why do you think your Teepee should win?: It is designed to be very simple and easy to navigate. The important part of it is the part that allows anyone who looks through it to familiarize themselves with my characters and their stories (short as they currently are) without having to jump through a lot of random things or stored notes-to-self. The front page is meant to be an at-a-glance 'table of contents' type of thing, and if any of the characters on there catch someone's eye it is easy to jump directly to that pet's page, just by clicking the image next to the character blurb. The focus is on setting up to roleplay or plot, with each character's background information and plots I am looking for, as well as details of their personalities and IC appearance, readily available for anyone who drops in to visit. It also, on the very first page, has a link to my plot thread for posting plot things. My favorite part of B/Cs is the roleplaying, so that is what I designed my teepee to help facilitate.
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: It should be very plain and simple, because that is what makes it special.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:18 pm
DROOL AT MY MAN!
Owner(s): lysia_nyteblade
Pet Name: Cadhla
Pet Image or Link: User Image
Teepee Link: xXx
Tell me about your Pet: He's a tinkerer, fascinated by little objects that he can mess with. His thought process is a bit mechanical, trying to constantly figure out how things work. Because of his obsession for tinkering is so great he's a bit socially stunted making him some what awkward socially (He often forgets his manners and intrudes personal space bubbles if he finds something intriguing on the other that he's never seen before. ie: a beak, claws). Once past his awkwardness one will find that he's cheerful and sincere. A loyal friend to be had and a gallant one at that. Those in need he tries his best to help in any way he can.

His mother had had enough of his shut in ways, confronted by his sister and mother, he was run off without his possessions. It wasn't that they were making him an outcast, they had just given him the task to make friends on the grounds that if he didn't.. He'd have to give up his tinkering till he did so. So set off he did at first with the idea of just making it seem that he'd made friends. Much to his surprise however, he struck up a few friendships along the way.
Future:
More friends: He's not done with finding friends by far. Some of his past friends have seemed to have become illusive. Some still stick around while a good batch of them seem to have just disappeared all together. Not to mention you can never have enough friends.

Depending on how some things roll out with other current rp's he may or may not have a search for the right girl plot opening up but I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it.

RP links:
- My poor basket Cadhla & Nigiri
- Somebody Save Me! Adalyn & Cadhla
- Tinkers work is never done Cadhla & Moonshine
- Awkward Inventors Cadhla & Eden Cullen
- A tinker's work is never done Cad & Amaltheia
- A reunion of old faces. Cad & Zaniah

These likely aren't in the proper order of events some are still ongoing and some are finished.
Why do you think your pet should win?: I think Cad's ben one of the funest characters to play from the first moment he peeked out of his basket only to pop it shut and then finally emerge to the adult years his awkward mad scientis mixed with a bit of sheldon (the big bang theory) and my own hubby's personalities he's fastly grown to be a very loved character by myself. He constantly seems to grow as he meets new individuals and breaks a bit away from his obsessive tinkering. Still tinkering is his passion and i'm happy just knowing he's not the mad hermit his mother believes him to be.
If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?: Likely a cog and a rose...  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:13 am
Tell me about your Teepee: I like to think of my teepee as a functional place. The first page being the "office" of it being where you see the images of the soquili and in the directory click on the soquili who you're interested in knowing about to find out about them. I like things simple and easy to navigate so I built my teepee on this idea. (really I'm just extremely easily distracted so I don't like walls of txt on the front page.)
Why do you think your Teepee should win?: I think it's a very user friendly place where people can get to know my pets and even get a little idea of how they all might look in role play before they even get to the pages that every individual has for their information. Every soquili is special so I gave them a page of their own in which I can store all their information some having larger amounts of things to look at than others for many different reasons all together but all in all the idea is the same. If it's info on them.. it's on their pages. It's not just a place for me to keep track of their rp's By no means is it only a clutter of links. It has art done by their fans and even other little crazy snippets like banners, sig images, ect. Things that in their life time meant something to them as a character. I like to think the set up of my teepee is helpful in people getting to know everything about my pets before choosing to rp with them. It also links to my plot thread and quest thread so they can see what crazy antics i myself might be planning or the characters might be in need of for their own stories and thus take actions to contact me which ever way they see fit.
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: maybe a single rose. I'm often referring to my Indian persona's infinity for roses in rp so I'd like a nod to that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:34 am
Owner(s): Nikkichomp
Teepee Link: Nikkichomp's Teepee
Tell me about your Teepee: My teepee is easy to use, easy to navigate, and keeps my head screwed on straight. I like it so much I have taken the design and pasted it into all my other B/C Journals xd

The front page keeps me organized with links and such; if anyone has an RP with me they should be able to find it from the front page and not have to dig through the RP forum, or through each Soquili's post to find the links. It also keeps visitors up to date with what has been happening in my Teepee, in case anyone is curious.
Why do you think your Teepee should win?: I designed it to stay organized from the start. If I do a small amount of maintenance each month, it stays orderly, neat, and uncluttered.
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: It should be very neat and clean. Maybe bubbles! Cause bubbles=soap=clean.  

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:17 am
I KNOW I AM BEAUTIFUL!
Pet Name: Idnonea
Tell me about your Pet: Idonea is my deaf mare, having lost her hearing as a young filly. I love her to pieces in the strength she has just dealing with communicating with new faces in daily life. Her father and mother had she and her sister on a rather unexpected night's passion. Once she'd emerged from her basket, her Mother Masika brought her sister and her to meet their father who knew nothing about them till they arrived. She'd been afraid at first that the Big draft stallion wouldn't accept her but seeing how loving and easy going he was, she felt comfortable from the start to build that father daughter bond with him. Back then she was still able to hear. After her accident, Idonea became a little more withdrawn. Lackign the ability to hear danger or really anything for that matter, she stuck to staying close to those she trusted most. Even as a young adult, she was still skittish about meeting some new faces afraid they'd find her a freak or think she was being too forward with them when she tried to understand them better.

After receiving her familiar Binky (a little pink and white raccoon) she began to open up a bit more, allowing for less awkward meetings.. unless Binky was misbehaving. Meeting Cedric, she's had some ups and downs.. He grew to be her friend.. even before she'd had Binky as her little constant companion. She'd grown very fond of him and one day he simply disappeared on her.. No word of why he hadn't shown up for their rendezvous. It was here that she'd grown to realize just what the smaller stallion meant to her. She'd grown to care for him past friendship and he'd left before she could even realize it. This threw her into a world of confusion and even dismay. And when he finally returned again.. She had been ready to give him up completely thinking either she'd been abandoned or he'd been the victim of some predator. His returning wasn't received too well at first but eventually, they've seemed to work things out and though still an awkward set.. just might still have a chance at some happily ever after... if he asks her.
The sound of silence: trying to make new friends without her hearing is going to be difficult. This is about her trials of trying to form friendships when she can't really hear what others are saying.

To regain your hearing: This was a plot idea originally thought up of by Cedric's owner Summer. But i Liked it enough that should they continue down the path they've been lazily courting down all this time, he could set out to try to regain her hearing, taking her to unicorns, shamans, mystics and other such soquili who promise the ability to fix her ears. It'd be another trial for them to go through. One final reason to finally except she will never hear her children's laughter or birds singing. Things she's already come to accept but by going with Cedric on this Wild goose chase, she can finally help him accept it too and show him that hearing isn't needed to be eternally happy.
RP links:
- And so you see... Idonea, Shilo, Merte, & Masika
- Kitty?? Idonea& Karloff
- Just an Accident Idonea & Amelia
- Sweet Words, Deaf Ears Idonea & Ezio
- Silent Understanding Idonea & Cedric
- Charades? Charlotte & Idonea
- How Sippy bet Binky Karloff & Idonea
- A heart to heart Idonea & Shilo
- So you return after all Idonea & Cedric

Why do you think your pet should win?: I think she's a remarkable mare. Though she still has much more to her story to happen, she's been through so much already and just has more room to grow and continue to grow for long to come. I'm looking forward to the years to come when I can add more to her story and life in her daily struggles and all around genuine kindness and acceptance of the hand she's been dealt in life.
If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?: a heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:45 am
Owner(s):

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

Teepee Link:

Here

Tell me about your Teepee:

My teepee is a reflection of my interest in creepy and dark things. I kept with a dark theme for the layout, and it ties in with the majority of my Soquilis' personalities as well. The first page contains the entirety of my herd's information regarding roleplay, breedings, etc. and it also keeps track of my familiars and quests. The second page starts the individual profiles for each of my Soquili, which each take up one post per Soq. I strive to keep my teepee up to date with every roleplay I begin and Soq that I acquire.

Why do you think your Teepee should win?:

I think my teepee should win because of the effort I took in creating the layout that is present throughout the whole teepee, as well as the depth of the information presented within it. While it's not tons of pages long, I believe the effort in those two pages will show.

If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?:

To keep with the creepy theme, some blood or maybe a skull?  

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:18 pm
Owner(s): Phail Ninja
Teepee Link: [x]
Tell me about your Teepee: The front page is designed to be a quick go-to place for all the important things (whilst still looking awesome). It's got up-to-date breeding information for all my Soq, for people interested in that, and has a list of all my current active RPs. Complete and/or abandoned RPs get logged on each Soq's individual page instead, to reduce cluttering. The front page also has other special things, like my plushies, and a bit about my self for any passer-bys to read to get to know me a bit more ^.^
The second page is intended as a directory. The Soq are split into categories of full-size, mini and aquatic (to make it easier to find a particular soq, instead of having them all flood one page) and familiars into bound and unbound (for my own sake, more than anything). Clicking on their heads will take you to that Soq's own page! There you can find everything about them, from RPs to an in-depth personality to their basic details. I find it to be my most functional and awesome-looking layout! xD
Why do you think your Teepee should win?: Because both it and I are awesome. Because I have put a lot of work into finding people to do banners for me, plotting out the layout and filling in each Soq's page. I wanted to make it both accessible to outsiders, and thus not be too daunting or hard to navigate (like those that just have links to RPs for over 20 pages crying ), and to make it simple and functional for me to use. Whether it's to check my breeding status (complete with links to the MCCL, previous offspring and number of attempts) for a certain Soq, or just be able to quickly find all the RP tags I owe, or to track down which colour I use to RP a certain Soq. Everything I could ever need is in there, hidden away in an easy to find location. I think I have fulfilled that purpose pretty well, and that's why I think I should win.
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: A shruiken, because I'm a ninja (having it impaled into the teepee would be hilarious) xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Owner(s): Junglerunner
Teepee Link: [x]
Tell me about your Teepee:

I’m lazy, I work full time and I don’t spend all my spare time on a computer. I want a teepee to suit me, to organise me and to be a base for me whilst I’m focusing on Soq, hense all my quick links in my teepee. I want something clean in appearance, uncluttered and well formatted.

The feel of the teepee in it’s banners and choice of colour; I come to Gaia and Soq as an escape, to lose track of time, it shouldn’t feel like work. The colour is one I used for years in another shop which has closed now, for a pet I Rped profusely, it was her colour and I have many fond memories of Rping and plotting with her, so it’s in honor of those memories, as well as to encourage me to build new characters I love Rping just as much.

The choice for banner and the dandelion clock, is in reference to wanting to escape, to lose track of time, and to simply immerse myself in something else, to forget RL for a time.

Why do you think your Teepee should win?:

I’ve done my homework, yes homework. I have looked at every single teepee on the teepee list, more than once, and I’ve taken ideas from all those that I’ve liked and have worked well in my personal opinion. I’ve not taken one format from any in particular as I’ve formatted to suit myself as well as those, who like myself, browse though teepee’s when we have nothing better to do.

I like the personalised first post, I think some can look a little disjointed with the classic cert format and then the rest of the teepee well formatted. I also like the directory post for each Soq, most people often list the page number to go to, but honestly I’m really lazy and I love just clicking on the Soq’s image and been taken there. (Plus honestly I’ve spent ages simply staring at the directory as it’s all my Soq on one screen and I can’t believe how lucky I am to have such an amazing bunch!)

Updates, I do question why I wanted to add this post sometimes as I have trouble keeping up with it, but it is a nice reminder of events. Latest arrival, well everyone likes to show off their newest Soq! Important links, incredibly useful for me, for it means basically I just need to open my teepee and the quick links I need are all there and I’ve not got to ‘manually’ find them all, like I said, I’m lazy!

Herd image; again another chance to show off one’s Soq all in one place, plus for RP’s sake it’s good to get a general feel for the height of the Soq as I picture them. The next three posts are generally really for my benefit, they are a record of all my RPs, breeding's and very importantly all my formatting codes! I’ve recently added a spoiler on the formatting codes, for honestly who needs them besides me.

In regards to listing all my RP’s and breeding's on the front page, again I’ll state, I’m lazy, I don’t want to have to go to each Soq’s page to find what I’m looking for. As for each Soq’s page I generally prefer to see one Soq per page, I find so much info about a person’s Soq in one post often looks cluttered, plus some teepee browsers might only be looking for certain info and it’s easier to see with the present formatting, in my opinion.

So hopefully before a bore you to death, if I havn’t already, you’ll have got the idea I’ve given this a get deal of though, not only that but a lot of time! The format coding isn’t the most complex ever but neither it basic, it’s time consuming and well thought out. As for the actual information, mostly it’s to benefit myself, though I do hope others also benefit from the work I’ve put into it. Yes there are a lot of gaps in each Soq’s page, but as I state I’m lazy and most of that stuff is in my head. And as it states in the second post I’m always open to PM’s if you want to know more! But it’s an on going progress and hopefully you’ll merit me for the work so far.

If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: A dandelion clock, of course!

junglerunner

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:48 am
I KNOW I AM BEAUTIFUL!
Owner(s): JetAlmeara
Pet Name: Mercy
Teepee Link: Link
Tell me about your Pet: Mercy is everything her name makes her out to be - she is kind,gentle and compassionate. A complete do-gooder Mercy spends most of her time pointing out the positive sides to any situation she seems to find herself in - unfortunately her good nature and somewhat naive outlook in life tends to make her a target for the more manipulative minds in the Soquili world.

At least while she's young. As Mercy moves through life she will gain a better understanding of the way things work and work to change it for the better

Mercy was abandoned as a basket and raised by a herd of usdia. Despite the difference's she had with Cheveyo and his herd she none the less feels like a true part of the family and was a happy if somewhat sheltered foal. Since none of the Usdia knew how to fly thre was no one to instruct Mercy on the finer points of flight and the young mare was left to learn on her own until she met a wandering mare named Camaria and received lessons.

Having learned to fly the world opened up for Mercy and Cheveyo becoming worried about his adoptive daughters sudden urge to explore and her somewhat naive outlook on life has sent her to Ironforge so that she might learn how to protect herself as she makes her way through life. While with Ironforge Mercy has become aware that the world is not as safe and wonderful as her previous life lead her to believe, there are many wrongs in the world and while the mare firmly believes that all misguided souls can be saved she none the less cannot stand to let them get away with their bad behavior. Mercy may never be the fighter her mentors are..she may never be as strong or a tactically cunning but she posses a different kind of strength..Ironforge himself sums her up best I think.

"She may never be like us, never as calm nor as logical as we are...she follows her heart more then her mind, but if the heart is good then perhaps that is a different sort of strength."
-Ironforge

Tell me about your Plots: Mercy's life has dramatically changed in the last year, she has gone from living in a sheltered alpine meadow with her Usdia family to learning to be a Knight and fight for the good of everyone. She has left home for the first time, found danger for the first time, seen evil for the first time...and saved someone for the first time.

Terribly wounded in the fight to save Supreme from Pirata's grasp, she has managed to recover from the devastating wounds the spider venom gave her and has started to fall in love with a stallion named Kolli. Currently on a trip home to visit her family she is excited about the prospect of meeting her newest nieces & nephews

Such a happy homecoming is not to be however as Ironforge and his group of Knights catch up with Mercy and Kolli on the trail with news of Pirata's terrible attack on her family. Mercy will be forced to make a choice..herself..or her family?

RP links:

Previous Years

Growing Family - Cheveyo and Mercy learn that Syn is pregnant.
Remember that Night? - Mercy accompanies her sister to tell Orrin that he is going to be a father.
Dreams of Flight - Mercy encourages Olo to fly.
Practice Makes Perfect - Mercy receives flying lessons from Camaria
High Winds can't stop me - Mercy receives a follow up lesson from Camaria
Whats all this? - Mercy finds a stallion lost in the woods.
Time to try something new - Cheveyo becomes worried about Mercy's growing independence and sheltered upbringing so he arranges for her to train with Ironforge.
Babysitter - Mercy spends one of her last days in the herd looking over her younger nieces.
The Long Good-bye - the herd deals with Mercy leaving for training.
A promise kept - Bangil and Char learn of Jarita's foals from Mercy.
Arriving - just a little bit late - Mercy meets Kale and Ironforge - it is not what she expected.
The chance of Adventure - Mercy meets a strange mare and they go off for a bit of fun.
Repercussions - Mercy faces punishment for running off and shirking her duties.
Unseen Dangers - Mercy gets a rude awakening about how the outside world really works.
On the path ot Light - Mercy partakes in some training with Ironforge and a passing stallion.
Freedom Unleashed - Mercy takes part in the rescue of Supreme and gets wounded in the process.
Delivered to the Light - Mercy returns to the herdlands after the rescue severely wounded.

Small Steps - Still on the mend after saving Supreme, Mercy is taking her recovery slowly and has only just begun to take on some of her old duties. While on patrol of the herds land she finds a wounded stallion named Kolli and brings him back to the herd for healing.
A Journey Home - Mercy has received word that there are new foals in her home herd and has been given permission from Ironforge to make the journey home and visit them. Having become rather attached to the stallion Kolli she invites him to come along with her.

Future Plots

- unbeknownst to Mercy, Pirata has been busy plotting away and Kolli the stallion Mercy has come to love will be her ultimate betrayer. Having dispatched Kolli to get close to Mercy and find her weakness the stallion has reported back on Mercy's intention to visit her family. Rushing ahead of Mercy, Pirata and her party have arrived at the Little Meadow herd and plan to take it hostage in Revenge of the Spider Queen. Where Pirata will demand that Mercy sacrifice herself in exchange for her families freedom.

Why do you think your pet should win?: Mercy is the epitome of 'love conquers all' There is no hate in this mare's heart, and she teaches us that it is not always through brute strength or cunning manipulation that the world can be saved. Ironforge teaches that to truly defend something you must love it..and Mercy loves Everything

If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?:It would have to be a heart I think. Maybe a shield with a heart to represent the protective power of love.  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff