Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
La Petite Fantaisie ~ NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:12 pm
User Image
Callidora is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Provocative at La Petite Fantaisiespace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Remingtonspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'That insufferable... but no, it's just a coincidence...' spacespac

❈ ❈ ❈ 'A ring around the roses; everybody poses
threats and then backs down the second you put clothes on.'
❈ ❈ ❈
═══════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceCallidora had followed closely behind Remington on the trip from that awful store to the restaurant, noting his lack of proper manners. No offered arm, no hand at her waist. Was he doing it on purpose, perhaps? To hook her, to taunt her? To insult her? It was his way, after all, to offer just the right balance of insult and compliment to drive a woman wild, to make her need to please him. Playing on insecurities. Thankfully, she had none. Or was too arrogant to admit it. She watched his imperious nature at work as he arranged for their table. She couldn't be sure, but she was quite certain he'd made a specific selection in a matter of seconds. But she couldn't be sure...

spaceAs he pulled her chair out, she offered him a smile, her eyes bright, hidden depths beneath the surface. "Thank you," she offered graciously as she lowered herself into the chair, crossing her ankles like a proper lady, but leaning towards him across the table like a seductress. Her elbow propped on the table, chin resting on her fist, a coy smile warming her features. She stared at him for a moment before looking past him to see... no. Two young lovers, enraptured with each other, thoroughly devoted... she narrowed her eyes, her expression growing cold. She found herself feeling more and more certain that his selection had been purposeful; how else could they have ended up so very close to the pair? And he'd walked past the seat facing away from them, had moved to pull the opposite seat out for her... so that she would be forced to see them? Her temper flared, her hand tapping incessantly on the tabletop. It couldn't be, though. He didn't know...

spaceHer attention was diverted when the waitress returned with his wine selection. She stared hard at the label; her favorite. But how had he known... she began to feel like the pieces were falling apart, that her mask had slid down to reveal the truth... but where had she gone wrong? She couldn't find the crack in her facade, couldn't find any moment where she'd failed... coincidence, then? But it seemed like such a large number, all happening at once, was too much to be happenstance. What, then? Did he merely have a preference for it, as well? "I suppose it will do well enough," she told him, not daring to admit her preference for it, not wanting to admit that the scent was already tantalizing her nostrils, tempting her. He would use it; it would become bait. Everything was a game to him... she was tired of games. She much preferred manipulation. Not for sport, no longer. Now, for... what? To hurt him, to hurt others? To make them suffer? Yes, that seemed right. She'd suffered so much, after all, why shouldn't they?

spaceWhen he remarked that he was surprised she'd joined him, she bit back a snort. No, he wasn't. He'd planned it this way, from the moment he'd entered the bookstore and seen her face. It was how he operated; a little give so that she would take. And she had taken... but she'd done so knowingly. She'd not been hooked by his bait... or perhaps she had, but when he took his bite, he'd find only poison. Bitter and dark, black like her heart had become. "I have nothing better to do with my time. And it got me out of that store; the woman was positively vile." Vile, yes. An insult to her breeding, and to all of wizard kind. That she held a wand was sacrilege. But, at least she were there to do the sort of work her betters would never stoop to. It was all that could be said for those who made such poor life choices; they took up the slack where those they were unworthy of would refuse. Callidora had dignity; women like Casey simply did not.

❈ ❈ ❈ 'A ring around the roses; everybody knows it.
                                                                      I will sing your fears if you sing my neurosis.'
                                                                      ❈ ❈ ❈

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:08 pm
User Image

User Image

Gearvin had decided to apparate to the restaurant, not quite wanting to make a mess of his suit by using the Floo network. He felt nervous, but wasn't allowing it to show through. After all, he was the one that had set up the date, or well, whatever this happened to be. He was certain that whatever this was, it would reveal itself. Was he leading Nicole on? He doubted it, not since the niggling thought in his head kept pestering him that this was right, it felt right. He didn't mourn Anastasia less, on the contrary, he would forever miss the woman he'd met back in school that could brighten his day with a smile. However, Nicole... Ever since the first time he'd met her, nervous and unsure of herself, she had sat in the back of his mind. A mystery as to who she was, and only a brief look at her personnel file revealed that she had indeed been hired as a competent worker. However... Now he didn't know.

Walking into the establishment, he had to blink twice at Nicole. She looked, well, stunning couldn't describe the woman. He felt his face heat up and he quickly quashed the feeling. Whatever it was, he was not a teenaged boy. Walking forward, the smile on his face was genuine as he reached out a hand and grasped one of hers. Leaning forward, he gave it a gentle kiss, and returned upright. Old fashioned, maybe, but sometimes the world needed a little bit of old fashioned.
"My dear Nicole, you look quite lovely tonight. I apologize for being a bit late. My daughter kept tutting over my wardrobe." And so Eretria had. Picking and tossing every article of clothing he wore, going through it with a fine-toothed comb until she had determined it was satisfactory. Now the older man was convinced his daughter was in some sort of conspiracy, which was interesting. He knew she was perceptive. Maybe she wanted him to be happy? With her, it was hard to tell some days.

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Nervous
OOC:...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nicole had to stop herself from flinching each time the door to the restaurant opened since the first few times she turned around with a ready smile to see either another happy couple or a bewildered patron at the door making her blush, stammer, and step embarrassingly back in her corner. This time however when she heard the door open she felt a tingle up her arm, like her whole system knew before she did that hew was here, and turned accordingly to look only to freeze where she stood. She will admit she always thought her former boss was handsome in way most gentlemen were but now, now it was completely different. Maybe it was the setting or perhaps the sophisticated clothing but something about the older man had her whole body reacting with a hum. She raised her hand for a shake only to be stricken again when her hand was instead pressed against his lips (and gods didn't that make her body react!) before he began to apologize. Nicole's mind was still on the warmth emanating from her hand as she unconsciously cradled close to her chest before remembering she was in public, with a male, who was probably wondering why she wasn't responding and promptly blushed. "T-thank you, you do as well. Handsome! Umm, you look very handsome not lovely." Inwardly she was cursing her lack of finesse, how long had it been since she'd been in a position such as this?! "No, no it's fine. I'll admit I-I was a bit early due to nerves..." Nicole chuckled at his comment of his daughter thinking of her own. "It seems we are comparable in that aspect, Tanya spent an hour bemoaning my wardrobe before this became the outcome." she gestured to her dress with a wave of a dismissive hand not particularly fond of the tight dress but will admit to liking the strapping heels.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:44 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Stately in La Petite Fantaisiespace
CURRENTLY // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Not too far from that... surely...' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky, never revealing their depth.
∳ ∳ ∳
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDamien had to bite back his initial response to her answer. He knew what she'd say if his words made it out. His immediate answer when she said she needed anything, as always, was to ask why she hadn't told him. He could've taken care of it. But, they were just dating. There was no need for him to replenish her wardrobe... no matter how much he would enjoy the experience. Instead, he chuckled a bit. "I think your hair is lovely. And that people should endeavor to try harder to compliment the color." Cheesy, perhaps. But true. She shouldn't have to try so hard to find clothes that did justice to her beauty... if he could, he'd take her to a tailor. Have her pick out the styles she liked and the colors she preferred and paid whatever it cost to have clothes made to fit her wants and needs... of course, he highly doubted she'd ever let him get away with it. Even after... even after his money was her money, he didn't think she'd ever be that comfortable spending it. He was fairly certain that if they ever had children, those children would have fortunes left to them simply from her being unused, and perhaps unwilling, to spend his money... Ah, well. At least he'd always have plenty of money to spend on his research with wands... he did intend to do a lot of it. After all, the only way to truly understand wands was to make them, test them... which took materials, some of which were very expensive.

spaceHe smiled at her mention of her cat. He'd never been much of a cat person, but he didn't dislike the creatures. They seemed pleasant enough. Solitary, which was more than he could say for his father's new puppy... that creature was constantly on him for attention. As if Wesley didn't give him enough... but then, if Jet was tearing up dresses, perhaps Damien shouldn't think the cat was any better. He leaned forward on the table, his eyes teasing. "But really, you had more than one to replace? I think I can count the times I've seen you in a dress on one hand, love." Actually... that wasn't entirely implausible. If he thought about it... four times? Five? He chuckled again, his attention distracted ever so slightly by an older couple walking past them... something was familiar about the way the woman walked... he chalked it up to the pretentious teachings of purebloods. She had that look about her. He found himself grateful that he'd been fortunate enough to have Marina in his life, to keep him from ending up with anyone like that. Now, even if... even if they didn't last, he knew he never had to worry about having to marry a woman like that. He watched, discreetly, as she glanced over the man's shoulder at his table, and noted the annoyed look on her face. What was that? As if she could sense by looking at them that they weren't worthy to be near her? He bit back a snort. No, he never had to worry about any woman like that, ever again. The only one he'd had in his life was gone, never to return, a fact for which he was eternally grateful.

∳ ∳ ∳ I'll be your crying shoulder, I'll be love's suicide
                                                          I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:52 am
User Image

User Image

Gearvin smiled, his own face crinkling a bit with the effort. It seemed he wasn't the only one that was nervous here, or the only one that had daughters that decided to dress them. He had his suspicions about his daughter, and he knew that Nicole's Tanya had just started school during Eretria's last year. There was a chance the two girls had met, but highly unlikely. Not unless the girl had been sorted into the house of snakes like virtually every Whitethorne in the family. Still, the idea of the two girls conspiring with each other to assist their respective parents in an age-old courtship ritual made him chuckle. "I do believe that our children probably have some sort of bet on us, or perhaps have conspired with each other then. Although, apparently they both haven't made us look like complete fools yet."

He gestured forward, his gaze settling down on the hostess before he gestured for a table for two. When they were being led to the table, he couldn't help but admit to a feeling of nerves that made him feel like a teenager. Her daughter had perceived that Gearvin had asked her out on a date, judging by the attire for the evening. Had Nicole known? As they approached the table, Gearvin decided that no, maybe not. Considering who claimed her as a wife before, he doubted the woman was shown any sort of decency in that relationship. Which made the older snake want to hex the man. Loving husband, indeed! If he had even attempted to lay a finger on his Anastasia like Nicole's husband had her, his family would have disowned him so fast and so hard, he would at this moment be destitute on the side of the road, with no name and nothing but himself to fall back on. He pulled out Nicole's chair, thinking that if this really didn't turn into something more, then at least he would show her how a proper gentleman treated women, and not whatever hogwash she had learned from her husband.

Sitting down himself, he folded his hands neatly on the table and looked at her.
"So, how have you been Nicole? I daresay that we haven't been seeing that much of each other since Christmastime, and considering that is actually quite a shame, I figured we should rectify that, at least." Mentally he berated himself, thinking that could have been worded better, but unlike the written word, he couldn't go back and erase what was put there and replace it with something more eloquent. That might be why he was so much better at written communications than spoken at times, he feared. Why no one ever seemed to point that out was beyond him.

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Nervous
OOC:...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nicole smiled in return and chuckled at his observation of both of their children. It would surprise her if Tanya had met his daughter while at school since she was not only a first year but a Gryffindor to boot, but anything was possible with her she supposed. "It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they were out close-by spying on us." She grinned wryly before following him and the waitress towards their secluded table and suddenly the nerves came back. This was different from the time they had eaten lunch together at the Leaky Cauldron, that was a relatively public venue with casual conversation and no real obligations. Now they were both dressed rather formally, placed at a table that sat the two close enough that if she actually relaxed her stance she was sure their knees would graze past one another's and the candle light ambiance wasn't detracting from her nerves at all! Nicole blushed as her chair was promptly pulled out before murmuring her thanks and lowering herself into it thinking back to her few dates with Gregory before everything went to hell. He had never pulled out her chair but he was certainly charming in his own way; he would bring flowers or small trinkets to each date saying it was a way to remember him by when the date had ended, he would keep her hand in his the entire time saying he liked the closeness. Knowing what she did now she was sure it was only another way to keep her close and control her, but she had no way of knowing for sure. She brought herself back to the present to see Gearvin looking at her expectantly and realized he had just asked her a question, or rather inquired to how she was. Blushing a bit from her absentmindedness she fiddled with her clutch again as she tried to think of what to say. "I-I've been fine. I've been working on this new experimental potion at the offices, Tanya was sorted into Gryffindor, not exactly a surprise, and Timothy made near perfect grades on his report card. I will admit I was...worried this past year since the incident b-but I feel that I'm better now than I would have been in the past, if that makes any sense." Nicole finished quietly.  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:00 pm
When it comes to how to live his life he can't be told
Says he's got it all under control
Thinks he knows it's not a problem he's stuck with

But in reality it'd be a problem to just quit
An addict and he can't hold the reins
The pain is worse cause his friends have it the same
Tries to slow down the problem he's got
But can't get off the carousel until he makes it stop

He can only fool himself for so long
He can only fool himself…

User Image
Remington Jagger Nott
[Summer of 2024]

The small, idle hint of a smile lingered faintly on his thin lips. Under the bright lights of the establishment, the bare shadows of whiskers grizeled his cheeks and under his neck, already regrowing from having shaven that morning. The slow, daunting drawl of his eyes swept her resting form, curling over the bare flesh of her high cheek bones in a long drawl down the swipe of her arm and to the hidden from beneath the table. The tap, tap, tap of her nails against the wooden surface stirred the sparkle of an iridescent smile on darkened features. Adrenaline thrilled his senses, and the synapses snapped with a thousand volts, catering to the endoprhins spiralling within. The irregular beat of his heart jumped in his throat; she was catching on quickly, wasn’t she? And what would she do? He wondered. What would she do?

He delighted himself with a glass of wine, swirling its contents just under his nose as the carnivorous smile shook in the distortion of the reflecting glass. Gold eyes enraptured, he imbued an eerie glow of innocence. Innocent as the Devil who’d once worked under God. ”Feel free to choose another wine, if you like, Jules. Old habits are hard to break.” He admitted earnestly, the shrug of his shoulders enunciated every ounce of nonchalance. ”I hope it hadn’t bothered you.” But they both knew it was a lie. A tentative swirl of wine drained down the back of his throat, patiently waiting, biding his time.

”Hah,” he snorted with a single laugh, an impeccably sinister smile flaunted as lied his glass upon the table. ”That woman was certainly something else.” But what else could be said for redheads? They were sin, but it was always so sweet. ”But enough of her,” he insisted. ”Tell me about yourself Jules, what do you like to do?” He was amused, now, and it was very clear to see the pleasure bursting in every shadowy corner of his face.

What would she do now, he wondered? Would she call him for his bluffs, make the game known? Would she even play along? Or, had she convinced herself that she’d won? The cards were cut, and Remington dealt. Now it was her move.

╔══════════════╗
40 years old 6’3” 172lbs
HomeOfficeIsland

╚══════════════╝

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:38 pm
Holy water cannot help you now
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money, I don't want your crown
See, I've come to burn your kingdom down
And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out
I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SEVENTH YEAR PREFECT AND HEAD GIRL
BRITISH YOUTH REPRESENTATIVE TO THE WIZENGAMOT
User Image
Seven devils all around you: Nervous | Seven devils in your house: It is just. A date. | See, you were dead when you woke up this morning: Damien | And you'll be dead before the day is done: La Petite Fantaisie

Marina rolled her eyes a little, but smiled. "You're my boyfriend. I'm fairly certain you're required to think my hair is lovely." She'd hated her hair when she was younger. It made her stand out in a crowd like she was on fire, and all she'd ever wanted was to blend in. When she became an Auror, she was going to have to get very good at the Polyjuice Potion or something, because there was no way to hide this hair besides tying it up under a cap. And if she ever died it or cut it drastically... Damien might just have a heart attack, He was awfully fond of it; always playing with it. He was the only one she let touch her hair, excluding maybe her mum.

She scowled at his teasing, but it looked more like a pout, staring at him from under her eyelashes, lower lip jutting out slightly. "I wear an annoying skirt all year. Only for you, will I wear a dress. And besides," her eyelashes fluttered, "if I always wore dresses it'd be nothing special." She could tease too, if she had a mind to. Sort of. She wasn't even sure how good she was at flirting. Which was sort of pathetic, perhaps, but she didn't exactly have a whole lot of experience. An older couple walked by, and there was something about them, the woman in particular, that made her tense up a little. She had an odd little sense of deja vu, but they seemed sort of... snooty.

That was the vibe she got, anyways, but she'd been wrong before. The redhead turned her attention to the menu. "What do you want to order for an appetizer?" she asked without looking up. "Ooh, they have fresh fruit." She was extremely fond of fruit of any kind, particularly any sort of berries, but everything else was just as delicious.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Cara MiaKitty

And now all your love will be exorcised
And we will find your sayings to be paradox
And it's an even sum, it's a melody
It's a battle cry, it's a symphony
They can keep me out, 'til I tear the walls
'Til I take your heart, and I take your soul
For what has been done, cannot be undone
In the evil's heart, in the evil's soul

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:47 pm
User Image

∳ ∳ ∳ The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky, never revealing their depth.
∳ ∳ ∳

spaceDamien shook his head, trying to force his expression to be serious... and completely failing. "Whether or not I'm biased is irrelevant; I was stating a fact." His hand reached across the table to take hers, holding it gently, his thumb rubbing over the back of her hand. "But I do love your hair," he said, more to himself than to her, his expression thoughtful. He remembered thinking, if not saying, some very rude things about her hair in his first year, about how obnoxious the color was and how she couldn't even manage to keep it from flying everywhere... but he hadn't really disliked it. He'd just been looking for something to complain about... now it was one of his favorite things about her, at least as far as physical features. He found himself hoping that they would have a little girl with wild, red hair. Hair that she'd probably hate as a child, like Marina had... but one day she'd learn to appreciate it, surely? He ignored the idea that a boy would have anything to do with that, though.

spaceIn response to her obviously fake pouting, he gave her an equally fake glare, his lips twitching in an attempt to break into a smile "Annoying skirt? I like that skirt; shows off your legs," he informed her, his expression growing slightly wistful. He gave his head a light shake, then winked at her playfully. "And who said wearing dresses had to be special?" he asked. He didn't care if it were special or not; she wouldn't look less good in them just because she wore them more. And yes, perhaps he was a bit partial because her dresses typically showed more of her creamy skin... Although he did think he'd seen her once in a pair of very short shorts... Another head shake. He did not need to be treading down that path right now... that was more dangerous than the marriage talk. Or, he thought it was... actually he wasn't sure. But both were dangerous, that he did know.

spaceHe found himself incredibly thankful that she'd finally turned her attention to the menu, and did so as well. He chuckled ever so slightly at her excitement over the fruit platter, and shrugged. "Whatever you like," he told her. Personally, he like the idea of the spinach artichoke dip, or the stuffed mushrooms. But, his main course would be filling enough that it didn't particularly matter to him if he didn't eat much of the appetizer. Besides, he knew she was fond of fruit, and wouldn't mind some himself. His diet might actually be lacking in that department... so perhaps it would be the best choice. He smiled, waiting. She knew him well; she'd probably know that he would prefer something else. But she'd also probably know that he didn't eat much fruit and could probably stand to eat more... so which instinct would win out this time? The one that insisted he get what he wanted, or the one that wanted him to eat a healthy, balanced diet? He could never tell with her.

∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:42 pm
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money, I don't want your crown
And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out
I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SEVENTH YEAR PREFECT AND HEAD GIRL
BRITISH YOUTH REPRESENTATIVE TO THE WIZENGAMOT
User Image
Seven devils all around you: Nervous | Seven devils in your house: It is just. A date. | See, you were dead when you woke up this morning: Damien | And you'll be dead before the day is done: La Petite Fantaisie

Marina let him take her hand, tickling his palm with her fingers for a second. "A fact, huh?" she repeated, looking bemused and somewhat flattered. She twisted her head, and a few red curls proceeded to fall over her collarbone. She was growing it out steadily once more, glad it grew slowly or she'd be akin to Rapunzel right now, and she wasn't sure she could ever handle curls that long. She rarely even let her hair get to waist length, for goodness sake. Practicality told her she should keep it shoulder length and pulled back, but... She liked the way it framed her face and she had to be vain about something, right?

His fake glare made her chuckle under her breath, and she arched her eyebrows at this piece of information. "Oh. I see. I guess I should just wear my uniform all the time," she stated, finding his wistful look very amusing. "Whatever will you do when we graduate? Because the skirts will be gone after that," she teased. Next time she was in her school skirt in front of him, she was going to see exactly what his eyes focused on, because she hadn't noticed him ogling her legs for the past few years- but she was a bit oblivious when it came to Damien's attention. Other males she could spot giving her the Standard Once-Over Look, sometimes a second look, from a mile away, and she'd usually glare, but when her boyfriend was secretly staring at her she was clueless.

His wink made her lean forward slightly and wink back. "Me. Better write that quote down, it'll go in Marina's Book of Wisdom- leave them wanting more." her tone was childish, playful and immature, but her own words made her cheeks blush for a moment, and she was grateful to him for replying to her about the menu. Food was good. Food was safe.

Of course, it was whatever she liked. Aw, now she was going to have to choose, and she knew he probably really wanted something heartier, like the mushrooms. But he never really had fruit... But she wasn't his mother or father and he was a grown man, for goodness sake, she didn't want to be that girlfriend. She didn't want to sound like a shrew, basically but... she really liked fruit, she thought somewhat pathetically... and that won over. "Fruit," she said, and then gave him a stern look. "But you'll pick what we both eat for an entree." she decided. "I'm not that picky, I'll like whatever you want to get. I should eat more hearty food, anyways... Hogwarts nostalgia." Their school was not known for the abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables being served, but she never minded. The house elves were always willing to give her whatever she wanted if she went into the kitchens, though they always refused to let her fix it herself.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Cara MiaKitty

And now all your love will be exorcised
And we will find your sayings to be paradox
And it's an even sum, it's a melody
It's a battle cry, it's a symphony
They can keep me out, 'til I tear the walls
'Til I take your heart, and I take your soul
For what has been done, cannot be undone
In the evil's heart, in the evil's soul

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:16 pm
User Image
Callidora is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Provocative at La Petite Fantaisiespace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Remingtonspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'That insufferable... but no, it's just a coincidence...' spacespac

❈ ❈ ❈ 'A ring around the roses; everybody poses
threats and then backs down the second you put clothes on.'
❈ ❈ ❈

spaceCallidora shrugged lightly, leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms, trying to convey how little she cared... or wanted him to think she did. "As I said, it's acceptable." She glanced at her own wineglass pointedly. If he were going to play the gentlemen, he'd be wise to play it well. And he couldn't fool her into thinking he didn't know how. He'd ordered the drink; he'd pour it for her. She dared say that he'd order her meal as well if she seemed inclined to let him... or might force her to allow it, cutting off her words and daring her to cause the scene that would erupt if she challenged his words when the waitress came. She'd wait it out, see how independent he seemed inclined to make her. He craved control... but forcing her to act of her own accord was still controlling the situation. Were she the sort to care, that might bother her... but she simply couldn't be bothered to care. This wasn't a game; this was her, spying on him, watching him. If he won, it was simply because she refused to play. At least, that was what she told herself.

spaceShe snorted as he referred to Mrs. Casey Ryans as 'something else.' The sleaze. She had no doubt that, had she been absent in that store, he would still be there, bent on seducing the married woman just for the thrill of it... Callidora couldn't decide which would amuse her more, his success or failure in that endeavor. His failure would be sweet, proof that he was merely human and could lose even at the game he played best... but his victory would bring shame upon the head of that harpy, and Callidora so would love to see her arrogance shattered. So it really came down to who she'd most love to see fall... and in spite of the sins of the past, she found that the idea of the redhaired woman's fall from grace infinitely more rewarding than Remington's could ever be.

spaceHis question to her, so simple, was fraught with dangers. To reveal to much of herself would be detrimental. He was all-too skilled at finding people's flaws, the c***k in their armor, and taking advantage of it. She pursed her lips, her expression growing thoughtful, a hand reaching out to the table to tap her fingers on its surface. The tablecloth muted the clacking of her nails, but still, the sound droned on for a moment while she thought. "I suppose," she said finally, her eyes bright with mischief, "that I like to do anything which will annoy my family. For instance, I'm quite certain my absence from the home has been noticed by now; my father will be most displeased. Insists that I should be escorted everywhere I go. He's quite afraid of what I might do if left unattended. Of course, if he didn't make it so much fun, I might not care enough to bother. But then, I do find his ire to be incredibly amusing." This was said with a toothy smirk and an evil glint in her eyes. She knew all too well why Edgar Tempest desired to keep her locked up; and she found the notion laughable. It was all behind her now, after all... Nothing for him to worry about. And she didn't much appreciate being locked up like that. She found it rather annoying, in fact. And she would punish him for his crime against her in the most awful of ways... by making it perfectly clear that nothing he did would keep her out of trouble if she wanted to be in it.

❈ ❈ ❈ 'A ring around the roses; everybody knows it.
                                                                      I will sing your fears if you sing my neurosis.'
                                                                      ❈ ❈ ❈

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:44 pm
User Image

∳ ∳ ∳

spaceDamien smiled at her expression when he complimented her hair. He loved doing that, knocking the wind out of her with a compliment. There was something infinitely satisfying about knowing she felt so flattered when he told her she was beautiful. He watched her turn her head so that the curls would fall, his eyes trained on the ringlet. "Yes, a fact," he informed her, meeting her eyes with a light smile.

spaceDamien fought the urge to pout when she said she'd be getting rid of the skirt after school. "I'm not saying you should wear it all the time," he told her, his tone completely serious this time, for some unknown reason, "but do you really hate it that much? I mean, so much that you feel the need to never wear another skirt again?" Honestly, Damien didn't see how a skirt was worse than a dress... after all, a skirt was the same on the bottom, and you could wear whatever top you wanted with one. She could wear a t-shirt with it... surely that was better than a full dress? Or... maybe trying to match a top to a skirt was a hassle... sheesh, he didn't know. He didn't know a damned thing about fashion, except that Marina could walk around in a potato sack and still look amazing. But girls worried about that stuff, for some reason he couldn't fathom. Sure, he appreciated her legs in a skirt, but he also appreciated... well, other things, when she wore jeans. All changing the outfit did was affect where a man looked... then again, maybe that was why they worried so much. He wondered if he'd ever really cared so much about what he was wearing... aside from occasionally feeling a bit out of place next to her because he was dressed so formally. But that'd stopped a while ago, once he'd gotten used to the jeans she'd convinced him to buy.

spaceHe chuckled. "Marina's Book of Wisdom... is that going to be a published work? I'll have to pick up a copy... it'll be like a cheat sheet to help me figure out what's going on in that head of yours," he informed her, waiting for the sarcastic response that was sure to follow. It still amazed him, how they could be so perfectly in sync with one another, and yet she could still manage to surprise him. Half the time he felt like they were in each other's heads... and the other half, he was fairly certain she was actively trying to make his head spin attempting to keep up with her.

spaceAs if determined to prove that point (which she'd not be able to do without being able to read his mind, he noted), she decided she wanted her fruit, which was unsurprising... and immediately told him to order her entree. What, really? She wanted him to order her food? He fought to keep his face straight. Was this a test? It felt like a test. She said she wasn't picky, but... what if he made the wrong call? What if he ordered something she was allergic to? Did she have allergies? He should already know that... dammit. Knowing her, it was honestly just some simple request, tit for tat since she was making him eat the fruit. But he couldn't help but think about all the ways this could go wrong. "Ah, um... anything I need to know before I figure it out?" What he wanted to ask was, please tell me there isn't anything I could order for you that will make me look like the most oblivious boyfriend on the fact of the Earth... but he couldn't make himself phrase it quite like that out loud. Hopefully, she'd roll her eyes, laugh at him, and assure him that everything was fine. They were having a really nice time and no one was dying... he didn't want to screw it up with an argument.

∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:47 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt lead his boyfriend by the hand through Diagon and into the nicely posh restaurant he had found about a week ago for this very day. It was their anniversary (which he couldn't exactly remember) but he knew it had been at least almost a year since he had met this amazing young man and he wanted to show him how much him being in his life had changed it. Without being overly sentimental or anything. When the maitre d asked if they had a reservation he politely stated that he did, two under Abrams, and was then led over to a cozy window seat that looked as if it was overlooking the streets of Paris itself rather than the bleak streets of London. Then again that could just be either the lighting or the magic. Or both really. "This place is nice. Definitely can't see them not having a sugar bowl on every table." he said to Milo with a teasing grin and wink referencing back to their first meeting at the Leaky Cauldron.
It seemed so long ago, and in a way it was and yet it wasn't. He was sure that if the person he was last year saw him where he was today he swear up and down he was making a mistake and moving way too fast for comfort. Luckily the person he was today would only flip himself off and tell himself calmly yet forcibly that he was happy dammit and that's all that mattered. "So, um, happy whichever anniversary this is anniversary! Actually I don't even know if this is one, I just wanted an excuse to take you out." Wyatt said with an unrepentant grin.
Miss GryffindorK

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:04 pm
User Image
User Image

яανєи¢ℓαω αℓυмиιυиємρℓσує∂ мυѕι¢ιαитαкєи ву ωуαтт αвяαмѕ

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

Milo followed after his boyfriend, enjoying the nice day. The older male led them into a fancy restaurant, which made Milo blink. He'd even gone so far as to get reservations? That was amazingly sweet! When they sat down, copper eyes gazed out the windows, then back to the beauty of the man across him. A small smile quirked the corner of his mouth, a peace settling in. Wyatt mentioned sugar, and Milo laughed, a little snort escaping. "I don't need sugar, when I've got such a sweet boyfriend." He smiled, remembering how.... dorky he must've seemed, that day when he asked for sugar. That day, he was practically kicking himself for his sweet tooth, but now... now it was a blessing. Wyatt said 'Happy Anniversary', and Milo tried to figure which, but it seemed that the elder male was simply excusing this date. "Happy Possibly-an-Anniversary to you too, Wy. There's no one I'd rather be celebrating with than you." He reached across the table and held his boyfriend's hand, a faraway expression in his coppery eyes.

Yukina101

Leave my door open just a crack
'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep?
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:55 am
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt snorted at the incredibly cheesy line that Milo just told him but smiled nonetheless. At his next words his smile grew as he happily took his boyfriend's hand and gave a gentle squeeze as he was lost in the other man's uniquely brown eyes. It was a shame male pregnancy wasn't a thing in the wizarding world. And where the hell did that thought pop up from!? Before he could think more over it, a waiter came over with a menu as well as to ask their choice of drink. Curiously he saw that they offered iced tea and decided to order that to see if it compared to the real thing. As for the appetizer, the fresh fruit selection sounded pretty good so he ordered a platter for the entire table hoping that Milo wouldn't mind. "I'd be just a tiny bit worried if there was someone you'd rather be celebrating with." he teased.
Miss GryffindorK

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash