Submit

Zandy

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:46 am
I've noticed lately that it appears that a lot of people have lost faith in Gaia and have simply just given up on trying to appeal to Gaia's deaf ears. Maybe it's just me noticing this, but I have seen a considerable decrease in users expressing their opinions on the constant sales, Flynn's rereleases, inflation, etc... that has plagued this site.

For example, I haven't really seen any threads capitalize on the fact that Gaia has had 4 large rerelease sales in the last 10 days and nearly 10 large sales spanning the entire month including:

1. The end of the Black Friday Sale
  2. 3 Checkmate CIs
  3. Revolution Trilogy Rerelease
  4. Super Prize 2013
  5. 12 Days of Recolormas
  6. Gifts Sale
  7. Toy Chest Sale
  8. Wings Sale
  9. Pet Adoption Sale

Not to mention these smaller sales:

1. Friday the 13th Sale
  2. Rosamund Sale
  3. Princess Sale
  4. Solstice Sale
  5. 2 New Bundles
  6. 1 New REI

Additionally, I have noticed that a lot of individuals have settled with Gaia somewhat in terms of losing hope. For example, I noticed that a lot of people seem to no longer be against rereleasing items so frequently into the cash shop to aid in deflation AS OPPOSED to rereleasing the items in a more favourable manner through higher odds in CIs, contests, Alchemy, etc... Heck, most of the threads I've seen in the SF or GCD have people arguing for more rereleases on a very regular basis as once again, opposed to solving the main problem at hand.

Also, I've noticed that some people seem to be disillusioned with Gaia having more "reasonable" pricing these days as to settle for any decrease or the slightest of hope. Especially after the Gifts sale last week, it seems like some people think that Gaia is listening to their userbase despite it being nearly 2 months without a Gaia Blog addressing the issues Gaians have submitted, constant rereleases of gold generators, ignoring crucial features of the site that need updating due to become obsolete or buggy, reduced staff interaction with users on what is exactly going on with the site, and even reduced quality of certain items. Heck, Gaia is still pouring out way more rereleases than new items nearly 10:1.

Though I feel like a lot of users have given up on what Gaia used to be and have settled for what little Gaia is giving them. Maybe some people are getting fatigued and overwhelmed from being constantly ignored. But I'd love for this guild to get back on track to demanding what we believe is for the best of the site in the present and future. I'll keep calling Gaia out on their string cutting as will some others, but we need more support and band together like we did earlier in the year emotion_bigheart !  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:24 am
Actually, I'm tired of this war between Cash and Non-Cash users in SF and GCD.

I was even called a "bully" for ranting and ignoring someone who called everybody from the Occupy Gaia thread of "morons". It has becoming a heated discussion as religion, politics or sexual orientation, sadly. neutral

But I guess it's more easier to humans to appeal to hate and violence rather than the reason. And I guess I felt myself into this trap.

But yeah: this current leadership could care less about its users costumers and is doing nothing but indirecly inducing this "war" between Gaians, basically adding fuel to the fire with their actions, which I guess it's just for the sake of seeing this site burning and falling apart around them.

But even so, we're gonna keep fighting the good fight. smile  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Bana Banana

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:37 am
I've just become more apathetic, honestly. I'm still not buying cash but it feels like there aren't that many people boycotting anymore, now that the cash shop has been offering good deals. I've been tempted to buy gc myself with all the discounts but then I remember how annoyed I've been with the gimmicks on this site. xp

The people in charge of this site seem to prefer the economy the way it is now so I have no hope for actual attempts to undo or fix it. Gaia will keep on going the way it is as long as people keep giving them money. :/  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:56 pm
Zandykins

I feel like a lot of users have given up on what Gaia used to be and have settled for what little Gaia is giving them. Maybe some people are getting fatigued and overwhelmed from being constantly ignored. But I'd love for this guild to get back on track to demanding what we believe is for the best of the site in the present and future. I'll keep calling Gaia out on their string cutting as will some others, but we need more support and band together like we did earlier in the year emotion_bigheart !

These are my sentiments exactly, Zandykins.
People have been fighting. fighting, fighting all this change but have hardly even been acknowledged. I know I've felt drained from doing everything I could think of to further our cause to no avail. It does a lot to a human to be constantly ignored--be it in real life or on the internet. However, being ignored doesn't mean we'll magically disappear. The holidays presented me (and I'm sure quite a few people) with a nice break from Gaia and I come back feeling fresh and with new resolve to get Gaia to LISTEN. They hear us all right, but they don't listen. They need to address our questions and I've got a few ideas that will be put into play shortly. whee

Also, thank you for posting this. It's wonderrful to see people are still passionate about this cause and helps me to stay strong. emotion_yatta  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Zandy

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:44 pm
I'm glad to read everyone's input =). If we do want change, we're certainly not going to get it by just sitting around and accepting bread crumbs. We all passionately care about Gaia and it would be a shame to quit now. Though re-establishing Gaia to its former state is rather unlikely, there are certainly some fair compromises that we have suggested that we can still press Gaia for that will at least make the site more enjoyable for the better of Gaia and future users =)!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:38 pm
With the release of yet another gold generator... yes, yes I have lost faith. Current management has absolutely no interest in changing their business practices; they're just finding more and more ways to get people to spend cash. Be it half assed re-colors or chances of winning "rare" items or freaking gold generators. What gets me though is they have been very sneaky about it, too, especially in this month.

Before this summer I never felt obligated to spend cash here (used to on occasion) but now it feels like a requirement. Sales are daily and every gold sink is conveniently followed by gold generators. Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with spending money here. It's an individual's choice. It hurts to know people spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on these premium items and think it's worth it. That just encourages Gaia to continue sell items for that much. No pixels (to me) will ever be worth that much.

I wouldn't have as many problems with all these sales if there was something to show for it ex: inventory arranger, guilds updates. You know, basic site feature up keep. I have yet to see any results.

It's really upsetting for me to see the site in this state. Never thought this is what I'd be getting into 10 years ago.  

Darkend Light

O.G. Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Plastical

Icy Saint

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:33 am
I never bought GC and even though there are tempting items.
I just stick to the items I could afford with my free GC from the videos or work my way up with saving.
Gaia is becoming like Nexon America. If you know what I mean (brainwash people to buy points for purchasing pixelized items) but at least they don't expire. Maybe sometimes get banned for no reason. Comparing to back then.. the items are way overpriced. They have way too many "sales".  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:36 am
I'm exhausted. ..so very exhausted from Gaia's crap. I can't stand being logged in for very long at a time and feel so depressed with what I see. I just go play other games and hang out in other sites...but I keep coming back to see...to hope things will change.

I feel like giving up but I don't at the same time...but I just don't know what more I can do that hasn't been done constantly as is. Some people were getting their threads moved and deleted in SF for supposedly trying to rile people up though it was something we already knew about...and just wanted to keep tabs on just what Gaia has been up to that's been so negative towards the forumites.

...so I'm still here but just barely able to eek out a bit of energy to do much more than look at forums, sigh, log off.

Dota-chan

Divine Cleric

27,100 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

Uba_Diawara

Nimble Cleric

6,900 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:22 am
I have too become exhausted, The drama, my words falling deaf and short. I have to argue with people to make them see the obvious. I left for a month to get away from it. I noticed the marked decreased ever so slightly. But the Flynn clones aren't going to help this matter.

I have completely given up on making gold, as there isn't a way I can gain as much as I need without bothering others for things I could have gotten years back for less.

I've sat in Solia for a bit, made friends there that are also here. Even though I find Gaia superior if not greedy at the moment. I worked hard on helping out with the revolution in the beginning but it stressed me out and tend to turn my piss to a boil.

I still occasionally post my opinion but not as often.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:46 am
i can sum it up in one word
YES
yes i have lost faith in gaia. plain and simple and while idk if i plan to quit it has been crossing my mind recently

TERRACE-XIII_SSC

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:22 am
And here's one of the reasons why people are losing faith in Gaia:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/santa-s-super-sack-in-la-victoire/t.89536393/

"But I set fire! To the rain!"

Really, one of my wishes for the next year is that this site changes for the better and it goes back to its former glory.
As they say, hope is when you believe things will go right even though almost everything is lost.
Happy New Year. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:52 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtGzmxa3CH4

This seems like a good song for right now. emo  

Dota-chan

Divine Cleric

27,100 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:42 pm
I've completely given up faith in Gaia. 110%, and I give up the fight.

Gaia has shown that they have exactly zero interest in hearing what we have to say, and as I look through the community announcements over the last month, it sickens me to see that 99% of them are Cash Shop offers.

This is not the Gaia that I knew when I joined this site over six years ago, and I have exactly zero faith that it will ever return to what it once was. Zero faith at all, and I have zero hope left.

I don't care to fight or stand up for what this site once was because it's gone now. This is the new Gaia, and I detest everything about it. I've lost hundreds of millions in Gaia's quest for the almighty dollar, and many seem to be just fine with the fact that members idiots like myself have been here for as long as we have. We used to quest for items. We used to shake trees and comment profiles for gold. But that means nothing now. For a few dollars, new members can become multi-millionaires or even billionaires overnight.

I see new members (the most recent was a new member as of October 2013) with over 2billion in sales. They were not a vendor: Just someone (like countless many now) that spent real money on this site.

I hope their pixels look as pretty sitting on the dead servers of Gaia a year from now, if this site lasts that long.

Not only do I give up on Gaia, but I wish it nothing but the fate it deserves. I'll be elated when the day comes that Gaia shuts down and puts me out of the misery of bothering to log into a once-beloved site that I've come to hate with a passion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:24 am
I haven't given up as such, I've just run out of things I can do.

> I don't buy Gaia Cash, the only GC I've ever had has been from the earn it videos.

> I hardly post anymore because it's like I'm a parrot constantly repeating a warning to my owner, yet my owner is just patting me on the head with a "Thats nice" before walking off and doing the exact same thing that I am warning them not to do.

> I wear only gold shop items, except for Christmas because this is my Christmas avi and I love it too much to miss the only time I can wear it.

> I hardly even come on the site anymore, I pretty much just come on, do the Daily Chance things, click through all the announcements since they're all literally "Give us money" at the moment (I'm serious, I come on and there can be up to 5 announcements, all of them "Recolour!" "Buy this!" "New CI! Buy it!" "EI / CI report to show you things that you should be buying!").

I don't know what more I can actually do. I spread the word as much as I can in numerous forums and I boycott Gaia Cash, plus I spend more of my time on Subeta now to stay away from the site.

MadSam123

Questionable Cat

12,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100

Allestaine

Wealthy Businessman

6,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:35 pm
Zandykins
I've noticed lately that it appears that a lot of people have lost faith in Gaia and have simply just given up on trying to appeal to Gaia's deaf ears. Maybe it's just me noticing this, but I have seen a considerable decrease in users expressing their opinions on the constant sales, Flynn's rereleases, inflation, etc... that has plagued this site.

For example, I haven't really seen any threads capitalize on the fact that Gaia has had 4 large rerelease sales in the last 10 days and nearly 10 large sales spanning the entire month including:

1. The end of the Black Friday Sale
  2. 3 Checkmate CIs
  3. Revolution Trilogy Rerelease
  4. Super Prize 2013
  5. 12 Days of Recolormas
  6. Gifts Sale
  7. Toy Chest Sale
  8. Wings Sale
  9. Pet Adoption Sale

Not to mention these smaller sales:

1. Friday the 13th Sale
  2. Rosamund Sale
  3. Princess Sale
  4. Solstice Sale
  5. 2 New Bundles
  6. 1 New REI

Additionally, I have noticed that a lot of individuals have settled with Gaia somewhat in terms of losing hope. For example, I noticed that a lot of people seem to no longer be against rereleasing items so frequently into the cash shop to aid in deflation AS OPPOSED to rereleasing the items in a more favourable manner through higher odds in CIs, contests, Alchemy, etc... Heck, most of the threads I've seen in the SF or GCD have people arguing for more rereleases on a very regular basis as once again, opposed to solving the main problem at hand.

Also, I've noticed that some people seem to be disillusioned with Gaia having more "reasonable" pricing these days as to settle for any decrease or the slightest of hope. Especially after the Gifts sale last week, it seems like some people think that Gaia is listening to their userbase despite it being nearly 2 months without a Gaia Blog addressing the issues Gaians have submitted, constant rereleases of gold generators, ignoring crucial features of the site that need updating due to become obsolete or buggy, reduced staff interaction with users on what is exactly going on with the site, and even reduced quality of certain items. Heck, Gaia is still pouring out way more rereleases than new items nearly 10:1.

Though I feel like a lot of users have given up on what Gaia used to be and have settled for what little Gaia is giving them. Maybe some people are getting fatigued and overwhelmed from being constantly ignored. But I'd love for this guild to get back on track to demanding what we believe is for the best of the site in the present and future. I'll keep calling Gaia out on their string cutting as will some others, but we need more support and band together like we did earlier in the year emotion_bigheart !

I personally haven't really lost faith in Gaia, I just started despising the things they've been doing. Like the many sales that they've been putting out. I mean this is why many people have been getting irritated with them, including myself. I would just like to see Gaia return to what it was like when I first joined.  
📢Taking Action! - Petitions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff