Submit

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:20 pm
yum_tea Hi ladies, I was wondering if you could help me out.

I recently graduated with a degree in art. While this is great in and of itself, it does have one major downside--I no longer have access to my alma mater's studio classrooms and large easels. This holiday season I was thinking about scraping together some of the cash I usually get as gifts to get an easel for myself to use at home. I tend to work very large (20"x20" at the smallest) and I'm pretty rough on my materials, so I need something that can accommodate my canvases and stand up to the sort of wear and tear I'm likely to put it through. Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:18 pm
Portable or permanent?
I ask because I have one of each, though I need to fix the former because it hit the ground and one part broke off
Permanent:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I have one, though it might be a bit small for you >.>"
Though the portable ones are smaller <.<"  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:23 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Portable or permanent?
I ask because I have one of each, though I need to fix the former because it hit the ground and one part broke off
Permanent:

yum_tea Portable. I need to be able to move it around the room or even take it outside without having to unbolt it from something else. Also anything mounted to a desk is going to be far too small for most of my canvases.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:32 pm
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Kitalpha Hart
Portable or permanent?
Permanent:

yum_tea Portable. I need to be able to move it around the room or even take it outside without having to unbolt it from something else. Also anything mounted to a desk is going to be far too small for most of my canvases.
I forgot what my portable one is called, but it maxes out at 24" I think? Though it's made of wood and so the top bar can always be unscrewed. Comes with a...
Derp
Shelf that crosses the whole thing for storage underneath the easel part
But it's a lap easel
Got it at Michael's, if that helps x.x  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:40 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Kitalpha Hart
Portable or permanent?
Permanent:

I forgot what my portable one is called, but it maxes out at 24" I think? Though it's made of wood and so the top bar can always be unscrewed. Comes with a...
Derp
But it's a lap easel

yum_tea Sounds kind of like a French style easel, though perhaps a smaller model. I found a website with some easels that might work for some of my smaller works, but they won't fit my larger ones and they're super expensive. But Micheal's, hmm, I have a one in my town, maybe I'll check there and see what they have. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:45 pm
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Kitalpha Hart
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Kitalpha Hart
Portable or permanent?
Permanent:

Derp
But it's a lap easel

yum_tea Sounds kind of like a French style easel, though perhaps a smaller model. I found a website with some easels that might work for some of my smaller works, but they won't fit my larger ones and they're super expensive. But Micheal's, hmm, I have a one in my town, maybe I'll check there and see what they have. Thanks!
that's not it. It doesn't have any legs, and the shelf is on the right side of the unit
The local one is a baby Michael's, and it has a nice selection of easels. My permanent one also came from there  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items