Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🎭Chatterbox
You know, I'm actually happy I didn't become a Mod.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hamsterliciousness

Codebreaking Gawker

14,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:52 pm
A couple years ago (I think) Gaia was taking applications for Mods and I applied and was very angry when I was turned down.

I had more then enough time on my hands at the time and was so in love with Gaia that I would've made a great mod.

Now I'm very happy I was turned down. I would be a terrible mod and told them exactly what I knew about what was happening, or do my very best to find out with my mod-ship.

Was anyone else gung-hoe about wanting to be a mod or any other "crew/volunteer" for Gaia?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:23 pm
Hamsterliciousness
A couple years ago (I think) Gaia was taking applications for Mods and I applied and was very angry when I was turned down.

I had more then enough time on my hands at the time and was so in love with Gaia that I would've made a great mod.

Now I'm very happy I was turned down. I would be a terrible mod and told them exactly what I knew about what was happening, or do my very best to find out with my mod-ship.

Was anyone else gung-hoe about wanting to be a mod or any other "crew/volunteer" for Gaia?

My major is web design and for a while I had wondered what kind of career I would have once I was done. But I did have a short lived idea that maybe I could work for Gaia Interactive, thinking that would be cool. Several months down the road all this shyt happens and employees are giving bad reviews ect ect. Dream = Dead  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kelso The Great

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:31 pm
Pwnder

alright, all other site drama set aside, why not pursue your dreams until they are reality? as much as I am concerned Gaia is still kicking... and as far as I can tell this is not the first CEO change. I am quite certain Gaia will still be around after the current dictatorship, no matter how much it has changed. The question is would you be willing to be the kind of change you want to see in this site? that should be a question is relevant whether you work for them or not...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:36 pm
Kelso The Great
Pwnder

alright, all other site drama set aside, why not pursue your dreams until they are reality? as much as I am concerned Gaia is still kicking... and as far as I can tell this is not the first CEO change. I am quite certain Gaia will still be around after the current dictatorship, no matter how much it has changed. The question is would you be willing to be the kind of change you want to see in this site? that should be a question is relevant whether you work for them or not...

Oh I plan to finish, that is a fact. So here is hoping there is a future in this dream. If that ever did happen though. I would be even more proud of myself and the site for sticking it out and fighting for it. heart
As a long time user I think I would have something to offer  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kelso The Great

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:06 pm
Pwnder

Well you never know... Gaia could possibly need you to resuscitate it after Ragnarok. I know absolutely nothing about internet computer coding stuff... Well here is to a bright future... Enough of all this doom and gloom... It is time to start fixing the economy some how... Be the change you want to see. Earn gold and items through legitimate ways and be smart about what you buy.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:07 pm
i had a friend who wanted to be mod, but he somehow wound up involved in what they thought was a hacking case, they banned him by the time they figured out he was not involved his app was denied but he still would like to be one but now something else happened to him and he is permanently disqualified
something about some pic on some guild idk exactly but to me the reasoning sounds silly but i guess its not to others  

HyphyMexican XIII SSC

Nemone

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:17 pm
Being a mod sounds like too much work for no pay to me, lol. I could never do it. I wouldn't mind starting my own forum site for people that like languages or something though. Too bad I'm still pretty inexperienced with web design. The html/xhtml part isn't so bad but the CSS is taking me some getting used to.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:22 pm
They are still taking application for moderators, it's in the Q&A forum. I used to be a moderator a few years ago, but had to leave do to in real life issues. It's a position not for the feint of heart, but I really enjoyed being a moderator.  

Guardian Arlen

Steadfast Guardian

17,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

s-1313

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:21 pm
Guardian Arlen
They are still taking application for moderators, it's in the Q&A forum. I used to be a moderator a few years ago, but had to leave do to in real life issues. It's a position not for the feint of heart, but I really enjoyed being a moderator.

i actually remember you as a mod. you should try to get the position back  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:39 pm
I had thought about applying but I knew I wouldn't have had the time.  

karate chop kitten

Golden Cat

Mista Pickles

Rich Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:02 pm
I think I APPLIED once.
I don't remember, but I've been temp. banned,
until the omni mod. realized I didn't do anything wrong,
and unbanned me.  
🎭Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff