Submit

bonneville shoreline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 am
i cant stand gaia anymore and here is the main problem that drove me away
ACHIEVEMENTS
the orange pop up box wont stop
you have no choice in doing them
i find forced things on sites like this totally repulsive

if i wanted things forced on me i would be back in mexico where the constitution does not protect all the rights we have up here in the usa
but my return to my homeland would be by choice

this problem is also driving me away

i also cannot stand the advertisements on this site i cannot seem to fix them even with adblock there still coming thru so i dont know whats wrong but adblock is not working on here anymore

so i filed a ticket to have this account deleted and hopefully if enough people have there accounts deleted maybe gaia will get the message that achievements and advertising are not ok  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:29 am
They do not delete accounts. They only remain inactive for.. forever.  

MrWeirdFox

Hype Champion

27,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Medalist 100

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:41 pm
bonneville shoreline
ACHIEVEMENTS

if i wanted things forced on me i would be back in mexico where the constitution does not protect all the rights we have up here in the usa

i also cannot stand the advertisements on this site i cannot seem to fix them even with adblock there still coming thru so i dont know whats wrong but adblock is not working on here anymore

so i filed a ticket to have this account deleted and hopefully if enough people have there accounts deleted maybe gaia will get the message that achievements and advertising are not ok

Glad you didn't leave.

Adblock can be reset, sounds like you allowed something and need to reblock.

Ask Kangit to go with you to the thread you were on before, he may be able to help you reset Adblock and set the filters to block the Achievement problem.

You can't delete an account. You can make the profile page very simple and disrobe your avi, give everything away, that's about it.

You made a friend today, why don't you stay?
We are in 2 of the same guilds.
xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 pm
Weird Fox
They do not delete accounts. They only remain inactive for.. forever.

Wow, what an avi! I like your little firedancer!  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:15 pm
They have achievements for everything, basically. Once it gets all the basic everyday Gaian stuff done, then they don't pop up as often. So yes, they are a choice, they're just as obnoxious as XBOX's Achievements. Actually, XBOX Achievements are worse

Now the pop ups for the "sales..."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:16 pm
jellykans
bonneville shoreline
ACHIEVEMENTS

Glad you didn't leave.

Adblock can be reset, sounds like you allowed something and need to reblock.

Ask Kangit to go with you to the thread you were on before, he may be able to help you reset Adblock and set the filters to block the Achievement problem.

You can't delete an account. You can make the profile page very simple and disrobe your avi, give everything away, that's about it.

You made a friend today, why don't you stay?
We are in 2 of the same guilds.
xd

because i am sick of the almost constant pop ups now on achievements , even if i dont try to earn them the boxes seem to keep popping back up and i for one cant take it any more
i refused to be abused by a website where the devs could spend 2 minutes writing a code to let users opt out or disable them
i am also sick of the constant ads and sales on here that pop up as well , between both pop ups i am sick of it
this site is nothing like it is advertised as a family friendly place to be what a joke if being abused by a website is family friendly i have another name for it that is why i forced my 14 year old daughter off this site because it at times is far from pg 13
i am sorry my leaving causes you pain but it is for the best i will not be forced into stuff i dont want to do and gaia is seriously lacking in customer service skills and heart and until they get there heart and soul back and listen to its users i refuse to stay here
mexico is less oppressive than this site i should know i lived there part of my life  

bonneville shoreline

bonneville shoreline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:18 pm
Kitalpha Hart
They have achievements for everything, basically. Once it gets all the basic everyday Gaian stuff done, then they don't pop up as often. So yes, they are a choice, they're just as obnoxious as XBOX's Achievements. Actually, XBOX Achievements are worse

i hope your kidding about achievements being a choice, from the moment i registered i started earning them without consent
even earning them does not help to slow down the pop ups it just makes it so more boxes pop up when the achievements go on there rampage and wont stop popping up  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 am
bonneville shoreline
Kitalpha Hart

i hope your kidding about achievements being a choice, from the moment i registered i started earning them without consent
even earning them does not help to slow down the pop ups it just makes it so more boxes pop up when the achievements go on there rampage and wont stop popping up
last one I got was Mega Tipsy over a week ago. Last one gained before that was months before
It's a choice because you don't have to get them. I have 8600 points, and except for the couple that I actively chased, I got all of them by doing Gaian activities
If you go through, you'll see that a lot will be basic activities. Deliberately get the easy ones out of the way and they'll pop up less. Some basic ones can be ignored
So if you're going to complain about something, complain about the unavoidable pop up "sales"  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:12 am
Kitalpha Hart
bonneville shoreline
Kitalpha Hart

last one I got was Mega Tipsy over a week ago. Last one gained before that was months before
It's a choice because you don't have to get them. I have 8600 points, and except for the couple that I actively chased, I got all of them by doing Gaian activities
If you go through, you'll see that a lot will be basic activities. Deliberately get the easy ones out of the way and they'll pop up less. Some basic ones can be ignored
So if you're going to complain about something, complain about the unavoidable pop up "sales"
i'm going to go ahead and suggest that Shoreline has multiple accounts with which to complain. He's just wanting attention.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 am
Cecilia Davidson
Kitalpha Hart
bonneville shoreline
Kitalpha Hart

i'm going to go ahead and suggest that Shoreline has multiple accounts with which to complain. He's just wanting attention.
so he's not going to quit. Great  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:15 pm
Can't users disable the achievement popups in their preferences?

*goes to look*  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:26 pm

I actually really enjoy the achievements.
        I feel like that's the one thing that can be attainable without GCash right now. (??? correct me if I'm wrong!)

Although, I fear that Gaia will push out "buy $500 worth of GCash in a month" achievements soon. ://

Spottedteddybears

Vicious Pants

Herdez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:37 pm
Pwnder

*goes to look*

Nope. Achievements aren't optional. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:44 pm
Herdez
Pwnder

*goes to look*

Nope. Achievements aren't optional. wink

I just figured the popup notices for them were sad
kind of like disabling the "premium sparkle"  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:11 pm
bonneville shoreline
Kitalpha Hart

I started a mule account for our zOMG clan this year, and the achievements had me gritting my teeth for a month or so. But I gritted my teeth and plowed thru them - and, yeah, they jammed my old laptop. I actually worked on achievements to get the easy ones out of the way. And after a month to 6 weeks (I wasn't on the account that much, just briefly but daily), they really got to be rare. THEN it was a choice to continue, not at first.  
🎭Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff