Submit

Naturalist

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:55 pm
I heard a lot about it from several friends of mine but I never really bothered to check it out. When I did however, it blew me away! It's safe to say, I'm a bit of a fan now haha. Just going to sport a Mikasa outfit for awhile.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:58 pm
    ••• Happy Autumn

My husband is crazy for that anime. I try to sit down and watch bits and pieces of it, but it is just too hard for me to get into it. I am more into the simpler animes. Which that probably makes no sense what so ever.

User Image
User Image  

Annikou

Blessed Gaian

Naturalist

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:04 pm
Bunnikou
    ••• Happy Autumn

My husband is crazy for that anime. I try to sit down and watch bits and pieces of it, but it is just too hard for me to get into it. I am more into the simpler animes. Which that probably makes no sense what so ever.

User Image
User Image

I like a lot of different genres. Whether it's action, comedy or the occasional tear-jerking slice of life c:  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:06 pm
Enchanted Blue

••• Happy Autumn

I love action ones and sports ones. And really girly ones too, but that anime just confuses the stuffing out of me.

User Image
User Image  

Annikou

Blessed Gaian

Jao Feng

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:42 pm
___________________________________ ___________________________________

I keep looking for something I cant get.

I liked the animation, but that series was a bit to heavy for me. I prefer lighter stories.

Broken hearts, their all around me and I dont see
An easier way to get out of this

_________________________________ ___________________________________

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:50 am
Its really popular. I havent seen the anime yet but I've read the manga. The art is not that good but the story line is awesome.  

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Rae of Hope

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:52 am
I mostly prefer shoujo, but for some reason I decided to give Attack on Titan a try and it's SOOO AMAZING. I finished all the episodes, so now I've started reading the manga.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:03 pm
Everyone I love dies... *sobs and rocks back and forth in chair* crying I hated that anime so much, yet was so addicted I watched it to the very end! lol Can't wait for season 2 redface

yoshehiro

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Naturalist

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:06 pm
yoshehiro
Everyone I love dies... *sobs and rocks back and forth in chair* crying I hated that anime so much, yet was so addicted I watched it to the very end! lol Can't wait for season 2 redface

Haha, reminds me of Game of Thrones! Yeah I'm waiting for season 2 as well razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:32 am
The anime is awesome. I was convinced to watch it by my little brother. And look what I found a while back~

http://youtu.be/NQkgmHEA5_E

The advert for the new Subaru Forester was directed by the man who is in charge of the live action movie; Attack on Titan. Why can't car ads be like that over here?  

XxHakaxX

Eager Gawker

spacy racy

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:07 pm
        Oooh, this reminds me of the convo I had today with a friend who just started watching it.
        Basically told her not to love any characters cus they could die at any moment.
        xD
        But yeah, I love the mass of characters and differences that are in the series. Very interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:36 am
I've read the manga, then the anime.
I actually really like the art. It's not a typical action manga art, and I like rough edges anyways.
The plot, and story actually matches that art style. It's an unstable world, where humans are prey to Titans, who are the predators, in contrast to our 'real' world, where humans dominate the world.
That art style enhances important detail in the Titan appearance sequences as well, visually and emotionally, mainly with fear.

With that said, the anime is definitely not up to par with the manga. I feel that it is lacking or hurrying a lot of those emotional sequences that makes the manga great enough to become an anime.

For example, the sequence with the top ten, excluding Eren since he was preparing for trial, choosing to stay and join the Recon Corps instead of the Military Police that they so fought hard to be a part of, was one of the most emotional scenes in the manga, in my opinion.
However, the anime seemed to have skimmed over the scene, or the anime art style did not focus on each person's emotional turmoil.
In the manga, I could feel each person's fear of dying, especially Jean who was committed to joining the Military Police as they watch everyone else walking away to join the Gate guards; in the anime, it just felt rushed.

Of course with the music and animation, the anime becomes more fuller, therefore the story feels more complete.
But in my opinion, you would not be missing anything if you just read the manga.
However, if you're not into deep stories, the anime is just right.

Shingekino Kyojin is awesome. emotion_dowant

CandiedSteel

Heroic Senshi

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100

Anjelayn

Invisible Detective

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am
I love this manga/anime!

I'm really liking Corporal Levi *u*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:13 am
I'll probably read Attack on Titan in about twenty years, when I finally get to it |D  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:16 pm
I started watching it maybe 8 weeks after it first aired on crunchy roll, and I really liked it! smile I hope season 2 starts sometime this year, or early next year.  
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff