Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
divination fall 2013 term lesson 1 due dec 11th

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HPGOG_Grey_Lady

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:02 pm
User Image

*spooky ghost voice* hello students welcome to this years divination class. Professor adonis asked me to teach a class and i chose divination because who better to tell about the future than one who has gained all kinds of knowledge by dying? Now i know several of you may have taken divenation before but the classes just were not up to ministry standards so we shall try to start from the begining. Please bear with me as this may contain info you have already learned*ends spooky ghost voice*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:53 pm
RULES

1. follow all of gaia tos
  2. follow all guild rules
  3. please post in house colors
  4. hufflepuffs please post in either orange or bolded black yellow hurts my eyes thank you
  5. each homework will be worth 10pts each classwork will be worth 5-20points as stated in each classwork
  6. all home work will be sent to either aunt slappy or techpriest35
  7. please label all homework as divenations homework in the subject of the pm
  8. have fun
  9. dont steal others answers
  10. rules are subject to change if nessary

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:11 pm
CURRENT LESSON
This is where the newest shinyist lesson will be read this to learn the answers to classwork and homework

LESSON 1-HISTORY OF DIVINATION PT1
Hello students today we will talk about the basic principles behind all forms of divenation sorry if its a bit wordy but its from a text book on divination systems by the university of metaphysical sciences spoilers should make it easier to read all grammer and spelling errors are their its copy right exists as of 2005.

Prophetic revelation, or Divination, dates back to the earliest known times of human existence.The oldest of all Chinese texts, the I Ching, is a divination system older than recorded history.
James Legge says in his translation of I Ching: Book Of Changes (1996), “The desire to seek answers and to predict the future is as old as civilization itself.” Mankind has always had a desire to know what the future holds. Evidence shows that methods of divination, also known as fortune telling, were used by the ancient Egyptians, Chinese, Babylonians and the Sumerians (who resided in what is now Iraq) as early as six‐thousand years ago. Divination was originally a device of royalty and has often been an essential part of religion and medicine. Significant leaders and royalty often employed priests, doctors, soothsayers and astrologers as advisers and consultants on what the future held. Every civilization has held a belief in at least some type of divination. The point of divination in the ancient world was to ascertain the will of the gods. In fact, divination is so called because it is assumed to be a gift of the divine, a gift from the gods.

This gift of obtaining knowledge of the unknown uses a wide range of tools and an enormous variety of techniques, as we will see in this course. No matter which method is used, the most imperative aspect is the interpretation and presentation of what is seen. The general consensus is that divination falls into three categories: interpretation of natural phenomena, (known as augury and includes such things as water, flight of a bird, shape of a flame, cloud formations, etc.); interpretation of artificial phenomena (casting runes, reading dominoes, Tarot Cards, numerology); and direct communication with a deity via dreams, visions or trances. These interpretations may not only foretell the future, but can also be used in determining a person’s character and how it has been created by events of the past.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:12 pm
HOMEWORK/CLASSWORK
This is where home work questions and classwork activities will be posted these will help gain points for your house

Home work

1. what are the three types of divenation(3pts)
  2. name four nations that have used divination(1pts)
  3. what is the oldest divination text(1pts)
  4. what is the most imperitive part of divination(1pts)
  5. what is the point of divination and how did divination get its name(2pts)
  6. name two of the four groups that royals used as consultants or advisors(2pts)

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:14 pm
FINAL INFO
This is where the final will be posted please stand by the final has not started yet  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:17 pm
Copy paste the following to sign up for this class
 Username
 Rp name
 House
 Year
 A small paragraph of what you know about divenation and what you would like to learn

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:18 pm
ENROLLED STUDENTS These are the students currently enrolled in this class 
Gryffendors 

Ravenclaws 

Slytherins
Mothette x 
 Hufflepuffs  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:04 pm
STUENTS POINTS
this is where i will post the points for each student and the grade of each student

Gryffendor

Ravenclaw

Hufflepuff

Slytherin
Mothette x =19

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:22 pm
FUTURE POINTS
These are house points that need to be added to the hour glass

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:23 pm
Reserved

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:45 pm
((assuming open))

Username Mothette x
Rp name Crystal Quills
House Slytherin
Year Third Year
A small paragraph of what you know about divenation and what you would like to learn I already know quite a bit about tarot and oracle card reading, so I would like to expand my knowledge into other areas of divination.

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games