Reply 33. ✿ - - - Parenting
New mom, dispises not being able to lose weight

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rose1017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:25 am
Hi everyone. Im new to the guild, My name is Athena but my friends call me Rose. I am a 19 year old mom and wife. (for those of you with a strict morals. I graduated high school, moved out got engaged then got pregnant. then got married shortly after i got the ok from my dr after my 6 week mark). My little Gremlin as i like to call him is five months old and i just wanted some advice or tips. Before pregnancy i never weighed more then 150lbs , durring pregnancy i got to 215lbs, and after i got down to 170lbs but then my stress level went trough the roof and im stuck at 190lbs with all of that simply flabby extra weight stare . I never really have time or motivation to exercise any more. I tried so hard after my 6 week dr apt. and never lost a single pound. I completely and utterly dispise my body and can never believe my husband when he calls me beautiful. With taking care of my son, doing all of the house work, my husband working full time , me working part time, i just done have the time to do much of anything for myself. what are some tips or ways you all have used to lose the baby weight?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:29 am
i get where your coming from..
I was at first losing weight.. then started to gain again..
But i know you know it does take time..
I've walked everywhere with my daughter and used to do the wii dance in the house when it was raining..
Only gained weight back due to a car accident in march..so slowly working on things again..
Also, i used to be size 0 in pants and 100 pounds.. so jumping to a size 9 after birth then a size 14 after a car accident.. isnt very fun..so i totally understand despising what you look like..
Your lucky though, you still get compliments from your husband and i bet you still get action lol
So my advice.. minus my wee little ramble would be.. Walk as often as you can, anywhere even if its a 20 min walk the better.. Eat properly(i know it sucks hearing) i was so used to eating whatever i want, it was hard to cut the habit but has been well worth it..
And invest in a wii, or any system that has a dancing game.. sounds lame but its soo much fun and your child can do it with you eventually so can your husband.. so you dont feel like your working out.. when in reality you are <3

i dont know if i helped but i did all that after giving birth and went down from a 9 to a 5.. stupid car accident had to f me up.. lol but im slowly working my way back and i hope it helps you too <3  

killizworth

Timid Donator

13,775 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

ll xio ll

Hilarious Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:04 pm
I agree with killizworth. Walk everywhere with your son with whatever free time you have. Walking will also boost your mood and have you feeling great.

Watch what you eat! Limit breads, pasta's and sugary foods. Drink plenty of water and snack on fruits and veggies.

When you're doing your housework, put on your favourite songs and dance around. I know, it sounds and may look silly, but it will get your heart pumping and calories shedding!

Your husband is amazing for paying you compliments when you're feeling low!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:45 pm
Yikes, sorry to hear that. I went above the 200lb mark and then dropped weight when my milk let down, then gained weight again as I started to recover physically from labor and was able to prepare food. I don't really have any advice to give you since I work a very physically intensive job and am on my feet constantly, so between that, office work for the business, and college I don't have much time to eat large meals, so I eat small (and quickly - not advised for weight loss, by the way) throughout the day. Walk EVERYWHERE, even if you live in middle of nowhere rural town like I do, and eat less.

It's difficult coming from high school playing sports and being active, then going into college and having a sedentary job. Dieting doesn't help me at all, and I have feeling (if you're nursing) you're probably the same way. My metabolism is bad, so the only thing that helps me is being CONSTANTLY active for at least 5 hours a day or more.

Also, try scheduling your days. You'll be surprised how much time you actually have.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

FatesDragonLady

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:29 am
Loosing baby weight is one of the hardest things you can do. However, I have found a safe effective way of doing it. I dont know if any of you have heard of It Works wraps. I had 2 kids, and after my second son it only became harder. These wraps really help out. I couldnt thank these people enough for what it has done for me, and it would really help to give it a look. Here is the lady I went through.

kcreager.itworks.com

Let her know I sent you, and she will give ya a coupon off some wraps.  
33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games