Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:58 am

How do all of you feel about Gaia expecting so much gold from us for one
event? Paying for our achievements isn't exactly fair. Do you think it's to
try lower the inflation? Is Gaia becoming too money hungry?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:37 am
I know its to try to lower inflation, which i'm all for, but that is a cray-cray amount of gold emotion_0A0 I want to try and hoard my gold till inflation drops. (plus i need to buy that new rosamund) It dosent even seem like you get that much for your gold?

I think it would have been better if there was in-game costs. I don't know what the events going to be. But say to re-fill your health was 1k or to attack the enemy different weapons with different costs? People might not resent it right away that way. plus you know what your paying for.

Any of you girls going to make the donation? How much?  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:39 am
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
I know its to try to lower inflation, which i'm all for, but that is a cray-cray amount of gold emotion_0A0 I want to try and hoard my gold till inflation drops. (plus i need to buy that new rosamund) It dosent even seem like you get that much for your gold?

I think it would have been better if there was in-game costs. I don't know what the events going to be. But say to re-fill your health was 1k or to attack the enemy different weapons with different costs? People might not resent it right away that way. plus you know what your paying for.

Any of you girls going to make the donation? How much?

I might save up for the achievement... But I can't help but to question if one
achievement is worth it?
emotion_0A0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:42 am
o0Roxy0o

I might save up for the achievement... But I can't help but to question if one
achievement is worth it?
emotion_0A0

Exactly! I probably wouldn't resent that amount of gold. But i don't really strive for achievements usually. if there were unique items it might be better. But even if you donate millions your still only getting the usual event items, or entered into draws you probably won't win.  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

Chatoy

Protective Trash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:46 am
I only mind it as much as I mind grinding in my other games (TERA, FF, Elder Scrolls, etc.) It is definitely work, but I'll work for the perks I gain. XP or gold, I don't mind. Yeah, it sucks that someone can choose to use their money to get to the same spot as myself, but I'm not too bothered so long as there are ways for me to catch up... Which, I'll admit, is slowly disappearing, but I hold out hope things will tilt back before going off the deep-end.

I do think the scale of difficulty is too steep, though. I wish they had a few more tiers between all of them, to ward off the exponential climb in difficulty for the average user. For example, I'd likely drop more than 1mil but less than 10mil for other perks, if they offered it. Some might drop more than 100k but less than 1mil, too. The x10 multiplier just increases it too fast, which is little to no fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:52 am
I donated the 100k, after complaining about lack of gold sinks, it would be hypocritical for me not to donate something. But i usually don't play the events that much so it's just not worth 1mil or more for me.

I agree with a000045, there should be more levels.  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

Hurricane Islandheart

9,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:22 am
I donated enough to get the hat, because the hat is lovely, and I only had about 12K gold at the time. I doubt I'll get enough gold before the event to get the achievement, but I might take a shot at it.

No way am I dumping the 10mil or 100mil on gambling - if those were guaranteed prizes I might, but I don't gamble with that much gold. I usually won't even gamble with more than 1K gold.

I'd also like to see more tiers for guaranteed prizes - I think it'd make me put in the effort to earn more gold to sink into it, because I do want it to be an effective gold sink.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:41 am
i don't know about the event too. but i donated the 10k just to have the hat. i don't have enough gold anyway XD  

Cheeky Nini

Shoujo Creature

31,175 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500

AcaciaFir

Malevolent Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:44 am
x.x I donated 10k for the hat.. Which wasn't worth it, but I don't think I'll be giving any more gold.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:52 am
            I actually donated 1m. I was planning on doing it anyways regardless of
            what the reward was going to be. I was contemplating donating 10m but decided against it because of
            what most people are saying. 10m just for a gamble? If it was guaranteed then I would donate 10m in a
            heartbeat but no. Same goes for the 100m Would have done it if it was a guaranteed thing but it isn't.
            Like others I'm hoarding my gold till inflation drops again and cuz I really want the new rosamund item.
            I think the gaps between 100k-1m and 1m-10m are too big and things should be added in between. It's
            a nice attempt at trying to fix this whole inflation problem but I don't think it will do that much help
            since people are only donating the minimum and just going up to the amount that they want.

givrali

Badgeless Bunny

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:05 am
TVG is predicting that Flynn will be back after the event. Only question is how long
Flynnflation jumped the MP from 9b/day to nearly 30b/day, so unless they've decided that they're going to cull that entirely, this isn't going to make much of a dent in the screwing up they did

And it's really doubtful that they will drop it, since it seems to generate enough money. Gaia is more and more in-your-face about the money, and they either avoid the question entirely or change it to what they want
Sample: site centering. Most of Gaia was against or with the option of having the left alignment staying in the labs. They centered it anyway, and it seems that the ragefests at ATA and the site feedback were ignored  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:38 am
I hate the event. If you donate its crappy wins and the chance at whatever the high donations is is very low. If anything its whoever donates the most or is buddies with the admins that will win. I don't think they will make the prices of things go down at all, even if they are trying to do that people will just try to price things higher so they get gold to buy other things. Gaia is very money hungry. It has gone downhill rather fast in the few months and the past couple of days they are being really extreme and up in your face about money. Each time I go to like My Gaia or maybe Shops page theres a pop up trying to get you to buy items in cash shop that cost way to much. The Fynn Booty Item and other items isn't helping just making items in the Marketplace go high. I saw an item that was 10k and now its like 50k. An item I wanted was only 600k and now its about 2mil. Gaia is sad :/

And this mini event will get the money since many are still 'wrap around gaia's finger'. The halloween event that they are hinting at seems like it will be similar to the school thing with just post and kills and probably win an achievement or maybe some lame items but thats about it. There was the voting for what people wanted and I doubt it will happen. I remember a few being that people wanted an event in zOMG again along with the BOO/SIN thing. I believe Halloween event for gaia (along with other events by the site) will be a huge disappointment. I only look forward now to what events will happen in the guilds. sad

(I bet in time everything will be about money and maybe they will make zomg gold nerf smaller or maybe make you pay gcash to play it each time)  

AkumaNoNamida20

Todes Sehnsucht

Timid Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:48 am

I hope this pre-event helps a little bit to reduce inflation. We'll currently at 3,5 billion (?) but SmashBlox generates this amount of gold in just a few days...

I dumped 100k for the achievement and probably won't donate more... unless there are more achievements XD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:53 am
Kitalpha Hart
TVG is predicting that Flynn will be back after the event. Only question is how long
Flynnflation jumped the MP from 9b/day to nearly 30b/day, so unless they've decided that they're going to cull that entirely, this isn't going to make much of a dent in the screwing up they did

And it's really doubtful that they will drop it, since it seems to generate enough money. Gaia is more and more in-your-face about the money, and they either avoid the question entirely or change it to what they want
Sample: site centering. Most of Gaia was against or with the option of having the left alignment staying in the labs. They centered it anyway, and it seems that the ragefests at ATA and the site feedback were ignored

Is it just me or is there a ragefest every time something happens on Gaia? Even if its not a change a ragefest pops up. Changes just generate the biggest ragefest and an extra million Gaia-is-too-money-hungry-and-they-ignore-us threads.
Which might be why they ignore ragefests. They can't tell the difference anymore.
imho
To comment on the topic sweatdrop more options would've been nice. With more items. I like the hat, and got it for both mules, but it doesn't fit this avi's color scheme, so I dunno if I should just not donate on this account. :/ I got the achievement for one mule too, but 100K for only a 100pt achievement? That made me a little sad.  

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers