Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
GUILD CAPTAIN, PLEASE DEMOTE ME.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you tired of hating your body?
  Yes! This! So much this!
  Nah, I'm cool with thinking I'm a horrible person every time I eat.
View Results

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:48 pm
Guild captain, I know you've been gone for a while, but I'm requesting that you demote me from Vice Captain, because I would like to leave this guild.

I've always known that some people are naturally thin. They can eat mountains of all sorts of food, and whether they exercise or not, they never really gain weight. They gain or lose muscle tone, but their basic size doesn't change. Other people can be thin, but it takes a lot of workouts and a lot of starvation -- literally, starvation! -- to get that way and stay that way. Some people, no matter how little they eat and how much they exercise, just aren't ever going to be thin. And yet, I've been told all my life that being fat is always unnatural, always unhealthy, always unattractive, always bad, and always the fault of the person who is simply eating too much and not exercising enough. Some people are naturally thin, but no one is naturally fat. Frankly, I can't do the mental gymnastics anymore. I can no longer swallow the BS.

I have not posted in a while because I spent two years (September 2010 to 2012) living on less than 900 calories a day, while working out very vigorously at least for one hour every single day.

And I did not lose a single pound. I did, however, take on all the habits and all of the health problems of anorexia. While being fat.

Then, for six months at the end of 2012/beginning of 2013, I followed religiously a meal plan laid out for me by my doctor. After that, she told me to eat whatever I felt I wanted and needed, as long as I wrote it all down. I did so, showed her the spreadsheet, and she said she admired my choices. I still haven't lost any weight whatsoever. But now, I have an incredibly healthy lifestyle and an incredibly healthy body. My doctor brags that I'm one of her healthiest patients, and she never, ever tells me to lose weight. She tells me, in fact, that my own choices for what to eat, when to eat it, and how much have turned out to be healthy and wise. She tells me that my exercise habits are admirable.

I am done trying to torture my body and punish it for being exactly what it's supposed to be. I am done trying to pretend that food is my enemy and that eating is bad: It's okay to be hungry, and to crave food. It's okay to want the thing that keeps you alive.

From now on, I'm going to love me, and if anyone else has a problem with the way I look, they can look at their shoes, or stick their noses in a book, because it's not my problem.

I am healthy and I am luxury sized. And I am no longer going to pretend that losing weight is going to make anyone happy if they weren't already happy.

So, please, Captain, remove me from this group. I am DONE. cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:02 pm
This is so beautiful and I admire you so much o: I don't know you but I can tell you're a beautiful person  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:21 pm
Thank you, Baddicus B itch. smile I'm feeling it even more now than I did when I first posted that. Thanks to the HAES (Healthy At Every Size) movement and a really wonderful blog called Dances With Fat, which is run by a new friend of mine, I'm loving my body and happy within it for the first time since childhood. I wish I could spread that feeling around, because every body is beautiful, every body is different, and every body deserves to be treated well by its owner. You can't hate yourself healthy. You can only be healthy if you make healthy choices -- and why should you make healthy choices for a body you've been conditioned to hate?  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games