Submit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:47 pm
I'm not looking for critiques, and since I'm most likely on my iPad, I'm going to have some spelling errors here and there cuz of it and its autocorrect
Comments are fine, just don't be spammish with them
Ok?
Next post will start the story fragments that run through my head
Note: a lot will be Sengoku BASARA fandoms, I'll try to mark those with SenBasa on top of the post

EDIT:
Ok, I started with a limerick. My bad
But all the story fragments so far are connected to each other
Kinda feel sorry for the MC...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:50 pm
There once was a kid called Jared
Who liked to be hid
D'Alba pulled him out,
Now all he does is pout
Nobody whines quite like Jared

From memory, the second line might be wrong. But he did whine all the time in class, so when we were told to create limericks, this came about ou o  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:20 pm
I hurried away from her, acting like I hadn't even noticed her. She never seemed to mind, and for her sake, it was better. If only I didn't love her back...
Shaking my head slightly, my long bangs falling into my face again, I kept heading to where the bandits were rumored to be hidden. Heartless thieves that preyed on my hometown, I had yet to allow one to survive.
"There he goes again."
"And still without a weapon."
"What's his secret?"
The villagers were whispering again, trying to guess my secret. If they knew, I would be driven out...
I had now left the village, so I picked up my pace to a ground-eating run. Knowing the path, I delved into myself, picking up the bandit camp's aura in seconds. Yes, they were at the usual place for bandits, and as usual, had no guards on the top of the small cliff. They made my entrance simple, and I could tell that even the on-duty guards were half-drunk, having fun before they struck.
Stopping in a copse of bushes, I closed my eyes and shifted. Mentally, I was still the same, but physically, I went from a human to a demon, my secret that I strove to hide, a secret that was starting to break out when unexpected.
Transformed, I left the copse. I had made little sound before, but now I was truly soundless. I ghosted to the camp, finding them all around a fire that they had just built up, if the height and size were any judge. They'd let it burn down while they raided, and bring it back up when celebrating.
Grinning, I leapt, flying through the air and slamming down in the middle of the fire, startling all and injuring several by the flying sparks and wood. Rising from the crouch I had landed in, the flames making me seem even more dramatic, the bandits froze, scared out of their cowardly wits. Perhaps those ones had heard of a demon protecting a village while the angel that supposedly guarded it actually fought it. Perhaps they had heard of the handsome villager that was distant, but single-handedly took on bandit camps and returned unharmed.
Perhaps, but now it was too late. Darting forward, I punched through three, severing their heads. That got the others moving, all to defend.
Another simple takedown, I darted through the fire again and again, using that as my weapon as much as my hands and feet. Despite the fairly large size, all of them were dead within seconds of each other, the whole slaughter maybe fifteen minutes.
Once they were all dead and the fire nearly gone, I roamed the camp, destroying it. This group was poor, for they had nothing worth bringing back. Scowling, I returned to the fire and spat, the saliva silvery in the night. It spread, killing the fire as I left.
I returned to the village, changing back to normal at the copse. As usual, they were waiting for me, and surrounded me when I arrived. This was normal, though I shied from their touch.
She was the last one to come up to me, and there was no way to avoid the hug she pulled me into.
"You are so brave, to fight them alone again and again! It's like you're an angel!"
Closing my eyes, I shook my head, pulled myself out, and fled. I had a single room hut near the back of the village, behind the shrine where the guardian angel supposedly resided. Tears made of blood ran down my cheeks. They still believed that I was an agent of the angel, who had abandoned them shortly after the village was created. They had been on their own until I was born, and a curse laid upon me, to attach me to a demon.
"Calm down, I really think that they won't mind when they realize that they were abandoned forever ago, and had been lucky until recently. She loves you, and you love her back. I'm sure she won't mind." The demon said.
I glared in the direction of the fire pit, where I could see the shape of the demon residing in the small fire. Unable to speak, I looked away. If only she detested me, it would make this so much simpler.
"I'm serious. C'mon, I'm blind, you're mute. We protect the village, were better than that angel they worship."
I looked at the fire pit again, the tears stopping. The angel was worthless here, the village protected by a demon, but they believed in the angel...I was still certain that I would be driven out if they found out that I was a demon...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:48 pm
I huddled in a corner of my hut, terrified. The demonic side had broken out briefly, long enough for my eyes to turn blood red and the demon marks to appear, but not enough for the small horns to grow, or the fangs, or the rest of the physical changes. It was getting worse, and this had suddenly happened in the middle of the square, scaring several villagers. Were they going to come and burn me in my tiny home, or did they still believe in the angel?
I ran my hands over my head yet again, further messing up my hair and yet again confirming that no, the horns were not growing in again. I remembered being so vain, having to have to smooth and pulled back. Now a rat could nest in it and I could care less, I was more worried about the effect the brief change would have on the villagers I protected.
I glanced at the fire pit out of habit, but it had burned out two days before. The demon himself couldn't appear as he usually did in it. Good, for even he terrified me now.
I heard screams, but in my fear, I didn't respond as I usually did. I became stiff, my hands on my head, right over where the horns grew.
"We know you're in there!" A voice called out, terrified. "Bandits are attacking, we can't stop them! They're already attacking the girls!"
I looked up slightly. Attacking the girls? Heartless monsters! Feeling the burning urge to defend my village, I got up, and shaking my head, quickly fixed up my hair, still somewhat vain. Ready, I went out to see the villager that had seen the change the clearest.
"I don't care if you're angel or demon sent, you protect our village. Please, don't stop now!" He pleaded. I ran toward the screams and metal clanging, forcing my panic back. He was right, they still needed me, and I had been a baka, hiding when I could have stopped this.
Rounding the shrine, I could see the villagers fighting. These were no bandits. Everything spoke of quality. A mercenary group, then, and a good one, though they acted no better than bandits.
"Mercenary bandits...we thought they were just rumors..." The villager said. He'd come up behind me as I examined the scene.
I could see the girls getting dragged to square, where they were held prisoner. Up high, I could see the villagers being pushed back. I could see each girl, already blurring from human to demon. One of the attackers tossed her into the group, and I could see where she had been hit with a blade.
I screamed my rage, charging, the human tossed aside, leaving only the demon. Their armor was good, but against a demon, still inferior. They fought back, sending every fighter they could against me. One on one, several on one, it did not matter, they fell, too weak against an enraged demon.
Soon, too soon, they were piled in a heap of dead, with me prowling on all fours on top. The few that remained were dispatched by the villagers, and the injuries tended to. I wasn't the top of their priority list, but it would come.
I tried to change back, but my rage was still strong. I could not calm down, nor could I force the change back. I felt the rage inside me, and I continued prowling on top of the pile of corpses, which they added to, making it higher and wider.
Finally, the dead villagers in the shrine, the injured patched up, they crowded into the center, to look up at me. Now my rage was mixed with discomfort, and my prowling atop the bloody pile started to become panicked.
"Oh, get down from there. I can't see where I'm going!" The demon said, appearing in front of the pile. Obeying, I hopped down, crouching next to him as he out his hand on my head, between my horns.
"None of you seem angry." He noted. "I can't sense any anger."
"I...heard a rumor..." A villager who rarely spoke said, suddenly turning red as everyone looked at her.
"Oh?" Was all the demon said, though kindly, as an invitation to keep speaking.
"The guardian angel of ours...they, um, abandoned us." She got out.
"That's true. There was another village nearby, destroyed completely, who had an angel. She watched over you until recently, when several guardian angels disappeared."
A gasp ran through the crowd.
"So we've been guarded by a demon for twenty-odd years now?!"
"Indeed. However, he did not originally host me. I challenged the one who had control of him while he was a babe still to a game. That demon lost, so I've been watching since. He's a good lad, I made sure of that."
Why was I still feeling restless? The anger was nearly gone, but the restlessness that had replaced it was just as bad. I wanted to prowl until I found the reason why, and put it to rest. I could feel the demon's hand press down on my head slightly, a reminder of patience.
A shriek ripped through the air, and I looked up to see her running towards us, despite the bandaging on her cheek and left arm. She skidded to a stop and knelt down in front of me. She looked to see if I was hurt before embracing me. I could feel her tears as she clung to me, I just stared like a loon, my mouth partially open in an expression of confusion.
She looked at me, and shrieking a happy shriek, rubbed my horns. "You're so cute as a demon! Why did you try to hide it?!" She then examined one of my hands, since the change made them claws, before going to my face to trace the demon marks.
"He was scared that the village would drive him out, and felt that keeping it unknown would be safer for everyone, especially you."
I turned red as she looked at me. "You're so sweet." She said before hugging me again. I awkwardly put my arms around her, which had her wiggle closer.
"But...she's human, and will die, and he...won't?" The village elder asked.
"Actually, I've read the contract. Whomever he marries, if human, will gain a demonic side as well, same benefits such as immortality. I know a few girls on my side that wouldn't mind, since they like me and it means I have to be coupled as well. Plus, the girls are generally gentler than the boys. I'm probably the nicest male demon there is."
"So I'd be with you forever...?" She whispered, looking at me.
"You'll have to sacrifice something, though. Voice, hearing, fertility, sight. That's why he can't talk. I was already blind, and the contract has no sacrifices for the demon's side.
"Then how can you read the contract?"
"Demons have a far better developed sixth sense than humans. I touch a paper of any kind, I know what's written on it, among other things. But yes, I can read it."
"Ah." The elder was silent, gathering his thoughts, before he spoke again. "But people will consider us cursed, should they find out that we're protected by a demon and not an angel."
"I mentioned earlier that several have lost their guardian angels. Some of my friends, a mix of angels already with guardian duties and demons, are doing what we can to keep the land safe for the honest people, but we're being spread out thinner and thinner year by year. My angel friend who works somewhere other than as a guardian says that one of the Greater Angels has gone rogue, and is quite possibly the reason behind the disappearances."
"Good demons, bad angels, the times are getting dire for all."
"Yes, which is why my group is working on recruiting more on both sides. If the rogue Greater Angel attacks, we want the human world to be as untouched by it as possible, though today's attack and his sudden shifts indicate that we may already be too late." He smiled. "I can feel the coolness of the air, I am sure you would like to sleep." He held up his hand, and the pile of corpses disappeared. "I have no skill in healing injuries, otherwise I would offer to aid in that as well. I must leave, for I am meeting with my friends. They will have to be warned of this." He disappeared, and I stood, calm and back to being human, with her still clinging to me. I was dead tired, and my hut seemed too far away.
"Stay with us, were right here." She said, leading me to one of the smaller homes. Inside showed it to be two rooms, a main room and the family bedroom. I turned down the offer of a pallet and merely stretched out in the ground by the fire, asleep in seconds.  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:10 am
********, I took so long it logged me out
And I lost it emotion_bigvein  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:40 am
I sat on the hill that the shrine used to reside on. They had taken it down a century ago, to use for building more homes. I had a much higher status than before. I watched them, happy and peaceful, a part of my life and yet not.
I remembered pushing her away, so that she wouldn't be bound to a curse, a curse I did not want. Neither of us were happy, and the demon, who had disappeared half a century ago, had been angry as well. She died a few years later, an epidemic that took out half the village. I had shifted to my demon form unintentionally when I had fond out, and had been that way since.
Sighing, I ran my hands through my hair, taking care for the horns. Small as they were, they were sharp. Physically, I looked very much the same but mentally...I might as well have been dead.
I protected the village, stopping the bandits before they struck. Most of the time, I hid in my hut, staring at the empty fire pit. It was rare for me to sit outside like this, but so long the villagers didn't notice, I was safe.
The war between the rogue Great Angel, the demons and the group that fought to keep the humans out of it had been brutal, ending with another angel slaying the mad one. It had been costly, leaving both sides to retreat into their realms, and leaving the humans on their own.
I stood and walked into my hut, sitting by the fire pit and staring at it, but not focused. I was alone in this world, bound by a curse that would never be broken. Even if the village died, I would remain until the human realm was destroyed. Then where would I go? With the demonic contract, I could not join the angels, and being human originally, I would be scorned in the demon realm. I belonged nowhere.
"Wataru." A voice I had not heard whispered. I shook my head. Was my solitary cursed life starting to drive me mad? None of the villagers knew my human name anymore, they all called me Omi.
"Wataru, I miss you." The voice whispered. "Please, look at me."
The voice was behind me, to the left. I turned to see an angel and reacted, skittering away on all fours. I was slowly losing my humanity, but was I to lose my sanity as well? Or was I already mad?
Tears sprang to her eyes. "Wataru, have you forgotten me already?" She whispered, drifting closer. It was her, as an angel. She reached out to touch me, but stopped when her fingers were just hovering next to my cheeks.
"I forgot, I will burn you if I touch you..." The tears flowed down her cheeks as she slowly pulled her hand back. "And I would burn as well."
Angels burned from contact with a demon? I had not known that, but even so.
"Wataru, I'm sorry, but they sent me down to imprison you, but..." She started sobbing, and I felt the blood tears p***k at my eyes.
"Anæa, if you cannot do it, you will be imprisoned for being a traitor." A male voice said, clearly impatient. By the way she twitched, she didn't like the ultimatum.
"I'm so sorry, Wataru..." She whispered, putting her hands on the floor by my feet. Underneath me, the ground glowed, forming a square. The walls went up around me, then the top. Encased in a glowing case, I curled up, and it shrank down with me.
I could hear her sobbing as she picked up the cage and took flight. Below me, I could see an angel telling the villagers that Omi no longer protected them, and like everyone else now, they were on their own, but if they rebuilt the shrine and destroyed Omi's hut, then they would regain a chance at aid when they needed it. I could hear the villagers crying out when they saw me getting taken away, but I was in too much mental pain from the sudden changes to respond.
The trip was a short one, the trial quick. I was to remain in the angelic realm, but a grey area, wandering forever until I turned to dust.

This isn't what I had before, it's very different, but a lot of the things are still the same
Still pissed that I lost all that work, though. And I can't recover it cuz I'm on my iPad -.-  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:16 pm
I clambered over grey rock, onto grey plains. I had long lost the ability to walk like a normal human, and now scuttled across the plain like the imp I nearly entirely was. Every once in a while, I'd encounter another wanderer, one with the same fate as me, but unless they were new, they were already turning to dust. I knew that I had been there for a long time, yet I looked as if I had just entered still. By now, I should have been long unable to move, and be one of the ones I found here and there, slowly turning into the grey dust of this part of the Angel's realm. Some had contracts with demons, so it wasn't that which kept me whole.
I paused briefly, looking up at the grey sky. Everything on the ground was the same shade, the sky not much lighter. Sighing, I loped off, wishing that I could become dust.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:27 pm
He had moved the contract to a demon that was still alive, I learned. For this, I was pulled out of the grey lands and down to the demonic plane, where I wandered again, looking for this new demon. I was tired of this, tired of being an imp, tired of living, tired of everything. I would find the demon, and if I could, dispatch him, to end the contract, so that I could sleep forever.
My search led me to the capital of the demons, where, as an imp, I had things thrown at me and full demons kick me aside. In pain but determined to end it all, I searched, eventually picking up a sense of the contract.
The sense led me to the castle, and to the throne room, where I was quickly noticed.
"What is that imp doing?"
"So rude, someone needs to chain it."
"I know that imp, he's the one that was in the Grey Realm for near millennium."
"I pity him for his wandering, but shouldn't he be dust, if that's the case?"
"Ah, come to find the contract?" The king, who looked like molten rocks stuck together and enormous horns on his head. He was waving it lazily in up his hand. "Your second demon gave it to me before he died. Pitiful thing, you." He hid the contract within himself and started laughing. "You're stuck forever, and you want to die. Little imp, little imp, you're no longer human! You're my servant-no, my slave-and have to do as I bid!" He snapped his fingers, and something heavy landed on my head. I fell onto my face, and he laughed harder.
"Oh, is the slave band too much for you? Well, too bad, you're stuck with it. Forever. Now go get me a drink, I'm parched!" He snapped his fingers again, and the weight shifted, dragging me to the kitchens.  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:01 am
I loped through the halls, finding the weight of both the slave band and the heavily-laden tray on my back to be uncomfortable. They had put on the tray as soon as they had realized that I was unable to stand on my two feet. Trapped as I was in the demon form, it was a reason to be mocked, though it never became worse than verbal. A mixed blessing, since the king was never above hitting me if I took too long. He was wearing me out, between the abuse and work, and I had been tired for so long...
I entered the throne room via the open servant's door, and scuttled over to the throne, where I settled in the 'orz' position, the tray barely shifting. I stared at the ground, my eyes unfocused, as the kind, laughing at something one one had said, took one of the drinks off the tray.
"Yes, yes, and when he complained of that, what did he say?"
I tuned them out, wishing yet again that I could be freed, so that I could find a corner to hide and sleep in forever.
"Overlord!" The kind said, snapping my attention back. What was the Overlord, the head angel, doing here?!
"Underlord." He said, examining the throne room.
"I wasn't expecting you!"
"So I saw. Why is he being treated like a tray?"
"The imp? He can't walk like you, me, or a human anymore, so when I send him off to get something, it can be placed on there, where he's less likely to slop it all over the place."
"And the slave band?"
"He won't do anything otherwise."
"So be it." I heard something crystalline, and looked up slightly when I saw that the angel had drawn his blade. The touch of an angel was painful, but nothing when compared to a blade blessed by one, and all theirs, being in contact with one, were always blessed.
The demon king pulled out his sword, a pitch black iron blade. "So we fight over an imp. Should be fun."
"Even you know that demonic contracts end, and you have forced this one to least for far too long. It is clear that your mind has stagnated, and so your throne must change hands."
"To some weakling? Never!" He charged the angel then, the clashing blades creating a rainbow of sparks. The others were frozen to the spot, and since the tray was now empty, I settled into a crouch, to better examine the fight.
The two went on for hours without any change. When the angel nicked the demon king with the tip of his blade, I realized that this was the end: the angel would win. It became clear to the others as well as the demon king went defensive, yet got nicked several more times, black demon blood oozing from each cut. He was in pain, we could see it in his eyes. The angel's neutral face looked bored in comparison.
Right then the final blow was to be dealt, I was yanked by the slave band to shield the demon king. The angel scowled, but in mid-charge, could not stop. The blade sliced through me and the demon king, who let our a roar of fury that soon dwindled into silence, to be followed by his body sliding off the blade.
The angel pulled the blade out of me, and I toppled forward, shocked. How was I not dead? Blood tears, blood-red as usual, ran down my face and I put a hand over the wound, and pulled it away to find it black, black with demon blood.
"Wataru, no!!" She was here again, I heard her voice, but it was distant.
She was not worried about the pain she would cause me as she knelt down by me and pulled me to her. I could feel it, but in comparison to the blade, it was soon numbed out.
"Wataru, please, don't leave me!" She whispered, pulling me into her lap as the tray and slave band turned to dust. Her tears mixed with mine, and my blood, staining the dress she wore. She whispered my name over and over, rocking slightly. I remembered my mother doing this once, long ago.
"Wataru, Wataru..." She held the back of my head with one hand, and shifted me with the other so that I wouldn't slide before stroking my hair, my face. The demons and other angel only watched us as she cried.
"Wataru, why? Why are we always forced apart?" She whispered. "Why?"
Darkness started melting into my sight, taking out everything slowly. The blade had killed me, but why so slowly?
"Wataru, please! Do something!" She whispered, the tears flowing freely as the darkness consumed her face.
"WATARU!!"
A light. I could see a light. I drifted toward it, somehow knowing that I could sleep once I reached the light.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:21 pm
I need to reread it, check for errors. I see so many, lol  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:37 am
My eyes fluttered open. I had died, was this some kind of afterlife? If it was, I wanted nothing to do with it, closing my eyes.
"The Repression should be wearing off."
"He's awake, just...depressed. It's not like his life was an easy one."
"I want to sleep forever kind of person, huh? Sadly, that'll never happen. Too much paperwork and not enough workers." A shock ran through me, and I helped, springing up, sadly alert.
Two...things looked at me. They looked human, but the silvery color of their skins I dictated otherwise.
"Ah, he's up at last. Good. Come, lad, we will show you your dorm room and your work station."
The dead worked?! What about the people that worked all their lives and deserved to rest?! The thoughts ran through my head, though I voiced none. Maybe, now that I was dead, I could talk, but I was used to being unable to. No reason to change now.
We stopped in the middle of the hall, and the two strange ones turned to a wall. What were they expecting to find, a door? They had to be lost.
I jumped when part of the wall suddenly slid aside, revealing a room with a pallet, small round table with three chairs, a tiny window and some room to move around.
"Dorm six thousand, three hundred seventy-two." One handed me a small rectangular thing, and I stared at it, confused.
"Take the key, boy, we don't have all day!" The second snapped. I took the strange key and watched as they left, only for two others like them to enter, though what passed for hair on these two was longer.
"Welcome, welcome, please, follow us. We will show you the cafeteria," the what?, "the offices," my blank stare didn't faze them, "the recreational area and more. Come, even the dead are on a schedule!"
All right, that confirmed that I was dead. But I still had no idea what the rest of that stuff was, or how a rectangle was a key.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:13 pm
I curled up in the corner, away from the pallet. Even now, I was not used to being fully human again, and I was constantly staring at my hands, wondering why they looked so tiny, or running them through my hair, searching for the small horns that I had, and constantly running my tongue around my teeth, feeling them all to be straight instead of some being sharp. My sense felt dulled, and the depression I felt at being unable to sleep forever didn't help.
The pallet vibrated, which was how it work people up, and since I wasn't on it, it assumed that I was already awake and soon stopped. Outside, I could hear the others starting to get up and moving, ready to spend another day of their death working.
When I had first started, I had been forced to work by one of those annoying fake people, a robot they called it. It dragged me to the cafeteria, where I sat at a table, refusing to eat, before dragging me to work.
My job? Writing stuff on useless things. It was boring, and I barely did it, drawing spirals instead. They offered a uniform, which I also refused. I still wore what I had woken in, something that made me closer to truly being dead. I didn't need to eat, wash, anything, while I wore it. As soon as it was replaced, I had been told that those needs would resume. I wanted to be dead. I balked at changing my clothes.
Someone pounded on the door, trying to get me to go and open it. I covered my ears and made myself curl up into a smaller ball. Why didn't they leave me alone?! The pounding soon stopped, leaving me at peace. It had been several 'days' since I had 'worked' and I knew that they were getting angry at me.
I wanted to sleep, the sweet promise of death, and they robbed it of me! I felt my anger surge, stronger than every other time I had felt it. It was close to the demonic anger, but still too weak. I focused on what I hated about this, and felt it grow.
Slowly, knowing hat I was truly alone right now, I unfurled and looked for my target. The table and chair looked good. I crawled over and grabbed a chair. Slowly, since it resisted, I broke it into pieces, tossing the chunks of whatever it was made of aside as I did. It was soon pieces, as was the other two and the table.
Feeling the need to break something else, I looked at the pallet. Yes, perfect! That annoying thing was no bed of any kind! Grinning madly, I scuttled over on all fours and eagerly tore at it, bits of cloth and stuffing flying everywhere. Yes, yes, it stood no chance to me!
When it was shredded entirely, I looked around to see the room a mess. The insane grin now savage, I went for the walls, breaking into one and pulling the panel. Slowly, the walls themselves fell to pieces by my bloody hands, bleeding from the scrapes and cuts of splintered wood.
I had an insane giggle going by the time I started the second wall, and that was when the door slid open. I heard it, but ignored it as I ripped off more wood, deliberately flinging it behind me.
"Halt!" A male, extremely non-human voice said. I ignored it, sending more wood in the direction of the robot. It yelled more things at me that I ignored, my focus entirely on destruction.
"What are you doing?!" A human voice shouted. I ignored him as well, and when he grabbed my arm and yanked me around, I used the momentum to hit him with more wood. He let go and backed away as I grinned at him, giggling crazily. Now that he was scared, I went back to my destruction. I was halfway done with the third wall when something small and sharp hit the back of my head, knocking me out.  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:21 am
I scuttled around my smooth stone pit, giggling madly. They had it deep enough so that I couldn't get out, not that the chain that was clasped to my leg and the ground wound let me out. It rattled behind me, an annoying sound that somehow I enjoyed. Above me, the sky lightened, another day for the dead.
But I was mad, insane. And they had done it. They had tried to get me to explain everything, and I had merely laughed in their faces. They had been forced then to knock me out, because I had grabbed one of the robots, the fake humans, and ripped its head off, sending sparks flying. I had woken in the pit, with someone telling me that once I had calmed down, they would talk to me again.
That had been a whole ago, and I still prowled my little place, knowing every nook and cranny. The occasional animal scream had me laughing with it, every other maniacal laugh had me echoing it. They called me mad for wanting to sleep? They were the mad ones for making the dead work! Thinking of it, I felt the laughter bubble up and out, filling the air.
Ah, but here were the visitors who came to see the mad, startled by this sudden outbreak. Angels they were, surely they knew my wish? Not that it mattered. My longing for sleep, my tiredness, had made me mad. Not slap-happy, mad. And I didn't care.
"Slap-happy gone mad. He's not for the working dead, why was he placed there?"
"They need workers, and once the sleeping dead as asleep, they will never awaken."
"Yes, he looks so happy to be working after death! Have you looked into his living history?! He deserves the rest!"
One of the angels jumped down, one who wasn't arguing. "Wataru..." She whispered.
I scuttled away, startled by how bold she was getting.
"Wataru, I can help you sleep."
I slowly crawled over to her open arms and curled up. Her arms wrapped around me as I closed my eyes and she started humming. I felt the eternal sleep come near, closer and closer.
"Anæa, what are you doing?!" They had finally noticed, but she ignored them.
Slowly, their suddenly fierce arguing faded from my hearing, and her humming grew stronger, calling the eternal rest. I could barely feel her slight rocking.
Slowly, slowly, my feelings faded, as did my sense of the world around me. It ended with the humming fading, and my awareness following suit.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:24 am
That might be the end of Wataru's PoV, unless s**t hits the fan and forces the sleeping dead to awaken, which I doubt. I might do Anæa's PoV, maybe not
If I do, I probably will start younger, and spend more time on details and stuff, explain some things that he kinda skimmed over
Maybe
Depends on how I feel  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400