Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Demons Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midnight Divine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:46 pm
Okay.. so here it goes..
My neice and her friend are both studying witchcraft. The friend who she is studying with believes 100% that demons exsist, and are causing most of the bad things happening in her life. And that some day they might come to her in walking form. It really sounds like they are watching too much Charmed, huh?
Here is a stupid question on my part:
Exactly how do demons exsist, if they even do?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:11 am
She sounds like she is boardering on a Mr. Dark.

That aside- the existances of infernal spirits is a very real part of different magical traditions.

Many cultures have infernal spirits that can opt in and out of corporeal existances at will, then you have those who work with texts such as the Goetia.

Depending on the tradition she is working with- her concerns might be legit (though I doubt it). I would further point out that the majority of infernal spirits have better things to do than annoy a child who is interested in witchcraft.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:38 am
The real question is, what do you mean when you use the word "demon"? I'm not dodging; I'm being serious. It means different things in different traditions. By and large, however, demons don't show up unless called, and usually don't cause minor annoyances.

What are the "bad things" that are happening? WHy does she believe they're demonic and not just life?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:42 pm
Deoridhe
The real question is, what do you mean when you use the word "demon"? I'm not dodging; I'm being serious. It means different things in different traditions. By and large, however, demons don't show up unless called, and usually don't cause minor annoyances.

What are the "bad things" that are happening? WHy does she believe they're demonic and not just life?
Of note- some traditions do have spirits that directly contradict the bolded statements.  

TeaDidikai

Midnight Divine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:26 pm
She studies witchcraft, not any other culture.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:32 pm
Midnight Divine

Which kind of witchcraft? What kinds of spells does she do? What materials does she use?

Details; the devil's in the details. mrgreen  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:33 pm
Midnight Divine
Witchcraft is not a tradition unto itself.

She might be looking into many different kinds of magic, perhaps even with a Chaos Magicians paradigm.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:34 am
Chaiyo Dekana
Midnight Divine

She might be looking into many different kinds of magic, perhaps even with a Chaos Magicians paradigm.

Just as long as she's not attempting to combine Chaos Magick with the Goetia. The seventy-two Lords of Primordial Fire (i.e. the Nephelim) are not to be trifled with--and the majority of them have the unfortunately tendency to view humans as toys for their amusement.
If you're looking for a textbook definition of "infernal spirits" the Nephelim would definitely fit the bill. As the old saying goes:
"Fools go where angels fear to tread."

godhi

SoilWork

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:57 am
godhi
Chaiyo Dekana
Midnight Divine

Just as long as she's not attempting to combine Chaos Magick with the Goetia. The seventy-two Lords of Primordial Fire (i.e. the Nephelim) are not to be trifled with--and the majority of them have the unfortunately tendency to view humans as toys for their amusement.
If you're looking for a textbook definition of "infernal spirits" the Nephelim would definitely fit the bill. As the old saying goes:

Why not? I love most of those guys! Asmodeus in particular, I'm thinking you haven't met most of them. Granted they don't like being ordered around and forced to do stuff, but who does? You are correct in saying that you shouldn't ******** around with them, by that I mean don't try to abuse them, because they will kill you...or make you kill yourself. But I have experienced no problems calling the spirits in various ways, so I don't see why using whatever paradigm she is using would cause her any harm, and if it does...well banish.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:19 am
godhi

Oh Godhi! I've missed you!

As for the Goetic spirits use within Chaos magic, the context is most certainly found within the skill of the Magician.  

TeaDidikai

Aya Azura

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:09 pm
Her finding, and thinking that demons have been screwing around her life I believe is quite unlikely, unless she has been fooling around with something. I guess it does depend what tradition she is in. confused  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:10 pm
SoilWork
banish.

Yep. If she's concerned about these demons, make sure that she is attempting to banish them as a first course of action.  

Gideon Starorzewski

Vingthor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:48 pm
There is a slight possibility. Depending on what you believe, the demons may have been sent to prevent her from doing something. Like fulfilling a prophecy or something like that.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:31 pm
Well, having had a best friend who was stalked by a demon, and another who eschews the supernatural because she tends to be too sensitive to it, I wouldn't say there's a question of such things existing. (This comment is by an large on what Christianity would consider demons, to clarify.) On the other hand, while some demons (and gods, for that matter) cause minor annoyances, as I wouldn't put it past say, Loki, to interfere in someone's life, the things going wrong aren't necessarily caused by that. But if she really is afraid that there's something stalking her, by all means, finding a way to make whatever it is go away is the best thing to do.  

Crysiana

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:01 am
Crysiana
But if she really is afraid that there's something stalking her, by all means, finding a way to make whatever it is go away is the best thing to do.
But what if the problem is purely psychological? Wouldn't entertaining her fantasies be a rather bad idea because it encourages her delusions? Demons may exist but that doesn't mean everything that goes wrong in her life is caused by one.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff