Submit

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:23 pm
Over the past month or so, a friend of mine has been excitedly talking about a project he's helping with.
Recently I discovered what all of his fuss was about;

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1680924898/tabletop-towns-castle-sets

I'm no walking advert, so I'm not going to talk about this at detailed length.

I know that these boxes are bloody sturdy, however, and they seem to be adding some nicely detailed 3D bits to it all.

Today I showed the man who is making all of this (Julian) how to cast, with embarassingly horrendous results! (PVC molds & resin is not a good plan without a lot more preparation!)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:23 am
It says the doors and windows and gates and stuff are plasticard or resin, but what about the walls and buildings themselves?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 am
DarkElf27
It says the doors and windows and gates and stuff are plasticard or resin, but what about the walls and buildings themselves?

It's cardboard. Sturdy, flat-packed cardboard. It can hold more than a few minis and will last forever if treated right. c:  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:29 am
Messyart
DarkElf27

It's cardboard. Sturdy, flat-packed cardboard. It can hold more than a few minis and will last forever if treated right. c:
I saw the demo with the bag of sugar, definitely looks like sturdy stuff. whee Does it fold up and store away, or is it permanently assembled?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:41 am
DarkElf27
Messyart
DarkElf27

I saw the demo with the bag of sugar, definitely looks like sturdy stuff. whee Does it fold up and store away, or is it permanently assembled?

From what I saw of it in person, it's easy enough to unpack it all and store it flat for carriage.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games