Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Traditional Art
Hows this? ; ^ ; Gaia Commish.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

daddys milk

Liberal Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:11 pm
I did this line-art all.. lazy. ; ^ ;

Does it look good? Anything I need to improve on?

Besides the crippled right hand...

yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:37 pm
Not bad! ;v; Overall, I love the pose you put into and you had drawn really cute flowers. QvQ The hardest part for any artist is to draw it proportionally. And although I'm no expert, I'm going to show you a pic of it:
User Image

This is a rough sketch, and I had no references to use (aside from your drawing), but when drawing people (even in a japanese cartoon style, they always have to be somewhat proportionate to their body).

Here's a small exercise for you to be a little more aware and also train your eye a bit. Look into a mirror and try to partially copy on how the picture does it. QvQ Look at the level and angle of your hand, wrist, and elbow, and then try to visualize an horizontal line of where it could be. For example, if you are looking at your hand, what other part of the body is in the same level/line? Is it at the shoulder? the Neck? The ear? The chest? When you move your hand, look at the distance at your elbow. At what angle does it lift/raise the hand?

Anyways, there are numerous and useful tutorials in deviantart you can use! And don't feel bad! It takes a while to train your eye and hand to sketch it in proportion. Within months or years, you will look back at your old drawings and then have a laugh. I'll let you on my embarrassing secret. When I looked at my drawings, I wanted to vomit on how horrible I was. My improvement meme shows from the time I started to draw until the time in my sophomore year :'D I made another one, but that one is only my high school years. I'm currently in college, and although I do art as a hobby, I always strive to improve!

I hope you find this somewhat helpful! uvu

P.S. You never want to trace! But it's always alright to find a pose of a picture to use as a reference. It's not plagiarism if you copy at most 5%.  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

daddys milk

Liberal Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:47 pm
Magevn

Oh YES. Thank you! O:
I need help on that pose, thanks for pointing out those flaws. C:
I'll work on it, thank you so much! D:

P.S: I never trace. xD Tracing is hard and I feel like I accomplished nothing. o:

Traditional Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games