Submit

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:08 am
So, before my period, I always get insanely tired and no matter how much sleep I get I always doze off in class and/or work and it's frustrating. Today, however, has taken the cake. I drank two cups of coffee and took zyrtec with pseudoephedrine, was feeling pretty good and awake for about three hours, drank a five hour energy drink when the effects started wearing off and could feel myself in danger of falling asleep, except the energy drink's effect only lasted maybe 45 minutes, then started taking about 6 phenylephrine within an hour and a half, and still managed to doze off an hour later. I'm running out of ways to stay awake at work...bleh. I work at night and I realize none of this is healthy but I reallly need to stay awake and it's so frustrating.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:40 am
I am not a doctor, but it sounds to me like you may have a legitimate pre-menstrual disorder. That is a lot of fatigue for a young person.

Can you talk to your doctor? Maybe a hormone supplement would help. Make sure they know about any other medications/supplements you are taking to cut down on the possibility of side effects.

Take care. smile  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:15 pm
Not that it's ever come up in an ordinary conversation, really, but it's so awkward because I don't get cramps, I don't really have physical pain from it, I just..."fall asleep" and it sounds silly to try to explain to other people why that's actually a problem.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:51 pm
Eleiza0250
Not that it's ever come up in an ordinary conversation, really, but it's so awkward because I don't get cramps, I don't really have physical pain from it, I just..."fall asleep" and it sounds silly to try to explain to other people why that's actually a problem.

User Image~ musicismylife ~

I guess no matter how awkward it is, it's going to have to come up soon because this can mess up your sleep cycle and your work cycle! Plus, I figure you know it's not very healthy to be downing all the supplements/drugs/energy drinks.

I'm currently jamming to: Electricity emotion_awesome by 2pm
Like what I'm listening to?
PM me & we can share the wonders together.

Btdubbss I
love your face.

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:48 pm
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250

I guess no matter how awkward it is, it's going to have to come up soon because this can mess up your sleep cycle and your work cycle! Plus, I figure you know it's not very healthy to be downing all the supplements/drugs/energy drinks.

Btdubbss I
love your face.

Yes, definitely. I don't drink caffeine, etc. except as a last resort. I haven't been to a doctor in a few years, and I have social anxiety, so...I'm sort of scared of even trying to make an appointment.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:15 pm
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250

Btdubbss I
love your face.

Yes, definitely. I don't drink caffeine, etc. except as a last resort. I haven't been to a doctor in a few years, and I have social anxiety, so...I'm sort of scared of even trying to make an appointment.

Yeah I'm with you on the anxiety front. If it helps, (sorry I'm not very good at comforting/inspiring) it won't be as bad to call up the doctor instead of going in person. At least, for me, it's easier to call!

Then you might even be able to fit in like a check up since you haven't been in years plus this sleeping concern, right?

I'm currently jamming to: Some Nights by F.U.N.

Btdubbss I
love your face.

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 pm
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250

Btdubbss I
love your face.

Yeah I'm with you on the anxiety front. If it helps, (sorry I'm not very good at comforting/inspiring) it won't be as bad to call up the doctor instead of going in person. At least, for me, it's easier to call!

Then you might even be able to fit in like a check up since you haven't been in years plus this sleeping concern, right?

Btdubbss I
love your face.

Actually...for me, calling is way worse. If I need to call someone, I avoid it for as long as possible....this actually ended up costing me $75 in library fines last year because I couldn't force myself to go to the library and they would keep telling me you can pay over the phone...and I never did.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:48 am
Eleiza0250

Actually...for me, calling is way worse. If I need to call someone, I avoid it for as long as possible....this actually ended up costing me $75 in library fines last year because I couldn't force myself to go to the library and they would keep telling me you can pay over the phone...and I never did.

Oh no! sad I hope all goes well anyways. Please do try your best to contact your doctor, I wouldn't want anything bad happening to you!

I'm currently jamming to: Commercial by Now You See Me

Btdubbss I
love your face.

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:15 am
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250

Btdubbss I
love your face.

Btdubbss I
love your face.

You sound like me!! I HATE calling...I always avoid it. I prefer talking in person, even if it is awkward. I do not have social anxiety, but I am shy and sometimes do not know what to do or say. Once I get talking though I calm down and I can do what I need to do. I have not seen my doctor in a long time either and I need to make an appointment for a check-up VERY soon because I have UTI and I need to be looked at again. Yesterday I went to the ER to get treatment.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:54 pm
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250

Oh no! sad I hope all goes well anyways. Please do try your best to contact your doctor, I wouldn't want anything bad happening to you!

Btdubbss I
love your face.

I probably need a general check up anyway, considering it has been several years since I've been. I know my blood pressure is okay because I've checked it at pharmacies that have the blood pressure machine, lol  

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:56 pm
buckwolvhoosier
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent

You sound like me!! I HATE calling...I always avoid it. I prefer talking in person, even if it is awkward. I do not have social anxiety, but I am shy and sometimes do not know what to do or say. Once I get talking though I calm down and I can do what I need to do. I have not seen my doctor in a long time either and I need to make an appointment for a check-up VERY soon because I have UTI and I need to be looked at again. Yesterday I went to the ER to get treatment.

Oh no! I've never had a UTI but a friend did and I went to the doctor with her. They sound so uncomfortable. I think sometimes people perceive me as shy, but I just...get scared and stressed around people.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:40 am
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250

Btdubbss I
love your face.

I probably need a general check up anyway, considering it has been several years since I've been. I know my blood pressure is okay because I've checked it at pharmacies that have the blood pressure machine, lol

I like using those, they're so exciting.
I just realized how lame that sounded xD  

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:54 pm
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250

Btdubbss I
love your face.

nah, I actually sort of want to buy my own cuff xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:12 pm
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250

Btdubbss I
love your face.

Bro, go for it. That would be kind of fun to possess.  

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:26 pm
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250
ColorfulCrayonsOfContent
Eleiza0250

Btdubbss I
love your face.

Bro, go for it. That would be kind of fun to possess.

Yay! I just got validation from interwebs smile And I just told my girlfriend, who is a spoonie (not sure if you know what that means, but it's sort of a pet name/slang term for people who are chronically ill and have chronic pain), and she giggled and said "i can make my blood pressure do funny things"  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games