Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
I'm so depressed over this and afraid at the same time.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haunting Paranoia

Wheezing Bunny

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:33 pm
Today after school I had a Pulmonologist appointment after two years to finally refill all of my inhalers and rescue inhaler in case of emergency. Someone cancelled and they were already taking appointments into July so we had to take the opportunity. Thus it being 2 years after I last visited, they needed to do testing and such. I took a breathing test where I was put in this box. eh.. anyhow it ended up that I obviously hadn't grown out of my asthma as I should have and I wasn't showing signs of improvement. It ended up that my lung function regarding inhaling was only at 50% in which exhaling was at 150%.

I was informed that my asthma was abnormal and with the numbers I have now.. I wouldn't be able to enlist in the service which utterly crushed me. I weeped like a little child after receiving that news and that I'd have it for the rest of my life. Because of my special case, I'm going to be put into a private study for girls 12-17 with asthma. Apparently they're going to give me free medication and payment while I'm undergoing the study. The doctor said there is still hope for my numbers to improve so I'm able to enlist, but it's close to slight.. It all depends on my improvement and the numbers that the recruitment center would accept.

I don't know the success rate. It's merely a study to provide information for future research. It can either worsen, keep the same, or improve my asthma in general. They gave Michelle and I a several page packet filled with the information and they're going to call Monday morning asking us of our decision. I'm scared even though I don't think they're going to do any special testing on my body. They gave me a mixture inhaler with two types of medication. One of the medicines in the inhaler is very similar to another that is known for hospitalizing adults and even killing them in some cases, but I'm only 14.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:21 am
Haunting Paranoia
Today after school I had a Pulmonologist appointment after two years to finally refill all of my inhalers and rescue inhaler in case of emergency. Someone cancelled and they were already taking appointments into July so we had to take the opportunity. Thus it being 2 years after I last visited, they needed to do testing and such. I took a breathing test where I was put in this box. eh.. anyhow it ended up that I obviously hadn't grown out of my asthma as I should have and I wasn't showing signs of improvement. It ended up that my lung function regarding inhaling was only at 50% in which exhaling was at 150%.

I was informed that my asthma was abnormal and with the numbers I have now.. I wouldn't be able to enlist in the service which utterly crushed me. I weeped like a little child after receiving that news and that I'd have it for the rest of my life. Because of my special case, I'm going to be put into a private study for girls 12-17 with asthma. Apparently they're going to give me free medication and payment while I'm undergoing the study. The doctor said there is still hope for my numbers to improve so I'm able to enlist, but it's close to slight.. It all depends on my improvement and the numbers that the recruitment center would accept.

I don't know the success rate. It's merely a study to provide information for future research. It can either worsen, keep the same, or improve my asthma in general. They gave Michelle and I a several page packet filled with the information and they're going to call Monday morning asking us of our decision. I'm scared even though I don't think they're going to do any special testing on my body. They gave me a mixture inhaler with two types of medication. One of the medicines in the inhaler is very similar to another that is known for hospitalizing adults and even killing them in some cases, but I'm only 14.

It is sure very stressful. Talk to close friends and family, people that are there near you that can make you feel better...

You can also go see a counsellor or psychologist at your school, they may help you to decrease your stress.

You are scared it's normal, but to be really stressed can cause consequences like... insomnia, maybe you cannot concentrate at school etc... That's why seeking for help would good to decrease your stress.

I hope you can feel better (at least decrease your stress) and that other gaians might have better advice....  

Miss_XxAriaxX

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff