Submit

Im a pretty star

Dangerous Sweetheart

12,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:59 pm
Hi...I'm starting to notice that hang out with 2 people my boyfriend and my mom. I don't have any girlfriends left and I have no clue what happened. I had like 30 girlfriends in high school and they all just disappeared. Any tips for befriending random strangers. Btw I'm 21 this is a weird thing cause I'm like a social butterfly just girls don't seem to like me. I have been called a threat by a lot of them. Most are single and the ones that aren't I don't even know there BF excised.  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:14 am
I am totally in the same boat XD I'm the same age and realized I had no female friends I could hang out with. The couple I had before are all married or have kids so they've got their own thing going. The only friends I made in college were males that my bf hung out with. GL in your search! I'm sure you'll find some. Have you tried striking conversation with people in areas you like to go to? Or gone to a ladies night at a local bar/club?  

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

Im a pretty star

Dangerous Sweetheart

12,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:01 pm
SilentFantasies
I am totally in the same boat XD I'm the same age and realized I had no female friends I could hang out with. The couple I had before are all married or have kids so they've got their own thing going. The only friends I made in college were males that my bf hung out with. GL in your search! I'm sure you'll find some. Have you tried striking conversation with people in areas you like to go to? Or gone to a ladies night at a local bar/club?

I have, but at the club all they wanna do is get black out drunk. Which I never wanna do. emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:53 pm
Im a pretty star

I have, but at the club all they wanna do is get black out drunk. Which I never wanna do. emotion_donotwant

Oh I don't blame you there gonk I wouldn't wanna either! I never drink to get drunk sad I like to drink socially. I hate how tough it is to meet people outside of school =/ especially with similar interests.
Totally out of ideas sweatdrop
Do you work? If so, I'd try coworkers confused I don't really hang out with mine outside of work but they can make for some good company, one of my coworkers cuts my hair for me every couple weeks (yay social interaction!) and although she has kids our age, she's a good friend.
Also, if your boyfriends friend's have girlfriends, maybe try them? Hopefully they will be cooler than the 2 I used to hang out with, sometimes that can be an awful idea (1 we could only talk about cats...the other is a SUPER feminist with man hating issues and low self esteem...she was a downer and the first was boring emo ). If you figure out a good way other than those, lemme know. Gonna need it when I move lol.  

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

Im a pretty star

Dangerous Sweetheart

12,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:22 am
SilentFantasies
Im a pretty star

Oh I don't blame you there gonk I wouldn't wanna either! I never drink to get drunk sad I like to drink socially. I hate how tough it is to meet people outside of school =/ especially with similar interests.
Totally out of ideas sweatdrop
Do you work? If so, I'd try coworkers confused I don't really hang out with mine outside of work but they can make for some good company, one of my coworkers cuts my hair for me every couple weeks (yay social interaction!) and although she has kids our age, she's a good friend.
Also, if your boyfriends friend's have girlfriends, maybe try them? Hopefully they will be cooler than the 2 I used to hang out with, sometimes that can be an awful idea (1 we could only talk about cats...the other is a SUPER feminist with man hating issues and low self esteem...she was a downer and the first was boring emo ). If you figure out a good way other than those, lemme know. Gonna need it when I move lol.

I'll hopefully have a job soon so that will give me female friends. My last job all I had were male co-works, which went over great with my boyfriend sweatdrop
He has one friend with a girlfriend, but we really only hang out with one of them cause she's 3 year younger than us so she can't do much(high school and what not) Thanks for the help though 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:31 am
It's the total reverse situation for me !!!
I have all girlfriends that I've met in high school. I am 22 soon 23... So, we are close because we know each other for like 10 years...
However, I have no guyfriends... I talk to guys at college etc but we don't become friends we are just like colleagues ...

Guys that want to be friends with me , have crushes on me. So they flirt...
So it feels really awkward. One of them (there are 2) we don't talk anymore. The other one say that he deserve better, that he won't bother me anymore.
but he sent me a text again saying that I am a snob that thinks I'm too good for him... stressed

Anyways... If you need girltalk... This guild is perfect for you XD.

Although I have already girlfriends.. I am in this thread because I want to help other girls or ask general questions to see what other girls think about this or that...

I think it is great to learn about different thoughts..  

Miss_XxAriaxX

mosspath

Dapper Pup

8,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:48 am
XxAriaxX
I have all girlfriends that I've met in high school. I am 22 soon 23... So, we are close because we know each other for like 10 years...
However, I have no guyfriends... I talk to guys at college etc but we don't become friends we are just like colleagues ...

So it feels really awkward. One of them (there are 2) we don't talk anymore. The other one say that he deserve better, that he won't bother me anymore.
but he sent me a text again saying that I am a snob that thinks I'm too good for him... stressed

Although I have already girlfriends.. I am in this thread because I want to help other girls or ask general questions to see what other girls think about this or that...

I may not be out of high school yet but I understand the no guy friends. Every time I make a guy friend, they rather make it really awkward by flirting or my friends make it awkward for us by making fun of us. (Which is so not cool, I do tell them this) confused
I was just talking to my friends when I noticed I had absolutely no guy friends. It was a little shocking. I've always been shy but I normally could call at least one guy my friend.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:55 am
mosspath
XxAriaxX

I may not be out of high school yet but I understand the no guy friends. Every time I make a guy friend, they rather make it really awkward by flirting or my friends make it awkward for us by making fun of us. (Which is so not cool, I do tell them this) confused
I was just talking to my friends when I noticed I had absolutely no guy friends. It was a little shocking. I've always been shy but I normally could call at least one guy my friend.

Ahh at least one ... Like some of my friends and I that only have girlfriends are single.. and we think that XD maybe it's because having all girlfriends it doesn't help to meet guys.... but when they are guys that are interested in us, it just never happen (not yet) that we ''like'' that guy....  

Miss_XxAriaxX

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff