Submit

RyuShikyo Yagari

Blessed Giver

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:18 pm
I really hope this isn't a repetitive topic, if necessary I can just take this to my previous thread.
Ok basically this all began a few weeks ago. At this time I haven't tripped on reality yet and I was blindly going along with her plan of going to Las Vegas. In case you haven't seen my previous thread- "her" is my friend. And she wants to live in Vegas. Basically we were planning on today going on a 2 week stay in Vegas, you know to see what its like and all. The issue is is I have no desire to live there or even be there. Also I am not in a good condition to be with the same person for 2 weeks in a row non-stop. Other problem is she cant go without me and I feel like a massive jerk for not wanting to go. Maybe if this were timed better I would willingly go for her sake but I can't be there for somebody when I can't even support my own mental health. ANYWAY I have no idea what I should do here.... I wish she would just convince her siblings to take her without me (they mainly wanted her to take a friend so she wouldn't be bored. The thing is is if she does stay in Vegas she will be without me.)
Anyway out of bringing this up we got into a heated argument and the thing is is I think she's being unrealistic. SO I need some other view points.
Basically I told her going to Vegas was to risky. Its to far away and if I end up in a huge crisis and need/ want to go home I could worsen my family's financial state I don't want to bring my family down with me beause I decided to do something as rash as fleeing to Vegas (I live in Nebraska by the way) after graduation. She took this as a personal attack and says I don't trust her. She seems so confident in this plan of hers that has absolutely no guarantees in ending up well. I asked her why she was so confident and she said it was because she was determined to stand on her own two feet and she wanted me by her side as she goes through with all of this.
Thats the issue.... determination doesn't always guarantee success and she doesn't seem to get that. I can't exactly bluntly say that either because determination is a good thing to have don't get me wrong and I don't want to destroy that. But at the same time I feel as if she is over confident about this flawed plan.
So at one point I offered we try to compromise. We cant compromise because our plans are so different. My plan involves staying in my home city for my bachelors degree before I take off to medical school (most likely in Denver) She wants to again be as far from her family in Nebraska as possible. So much that I feel as if shes being rash about it. I just can't find a way to alter my plan to where I can be out of city because getting my bachelors degree in my home city is the foundation of the plan. Compromising with her means I will have to change what I want to do or lower my possibilities of getting to be what I want to do. Not only that she wants to work her way through school we don't even have scholarships (which was also something I wanted to get) Is this a bad idea?
So basically what I'm wondering is... is she being rash about this or is just me over reacting?
Is not wanting to risk going to Las Vegas really a personal attack on her?
What would you do in my position? Go on this 2 week trip that I most likely wont like or not go and instead go on my family vacation (It could be my last one)
Thoughts?

Additional info:
-My friend comes from a rough background. Her family basically isn't the greatest family. So in a a way I get why she wants to run away.
-I wish to be a surgeon someday so that means I will require more education.
-She wishes to be an SVU detective
-I realize I am the bad guy in this situation and that I am being selfish.

-again apologies on errors of all kinds ;w;  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:07 pm
waaaaiit...she wants to be on her own two feet, yet wants you there?
sounds like she wants someone there to lean on
i say don't go, especially if it'll put your family under financial strain and you don't want to go
sometimes you gotta be selfish to do what's best for you
don't mess up your plans just so she can run away
and if not wanting to go feels like a personal attack on her, let her think that. you're more family-oriented than she clearly ever will be, so go with your family, where you know you will have fun

but overall, she doesn't sound much like a friend. i know someone like that, but in her case, she's going to stay while her family moves up to Canada
your friendship with her might end, but you'll be better off in the end. can't say for her, though
i hope she becomes a prostitute and dies from all sorts of STDs

conclusion: don't ******** up your plans for her stupidity  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

RyuShikyo Yagari

Blessed Giver

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:17 pm
Kitalpha Hart
i say don't go, especially if it'll put your family under financial strain and you don't want to go
and if not wanting to go feels like a personal attack on her, let her think that. you're more family-oriented than she clearly ever will be, so go with your family, where you know you will have fun

but overall, she doesn't sound much like a friend. i know someone like that, but in her case, she's going to stay while her family moves up to Canada
your friendship with her might end, but you'll be better off in the end. can't say for her, though

well I wouldn't want that fate for her >_< but anyway she said she would go to Las Vegas regardless if I came with or not. She basically just wants a companion I guess. I just hope reality gets to her in time, even though she refuses to listen to me when I try to reason with her, its as if she feels invincible.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:34 pm
RyuShikyo Yagari
Kitalpha Hart

well I wouldn't want that fate for her >_< but anyway she said she would go to Las Vegas regardless if I came with or not. She basically just wants a companion I guess. I just hope reality gets to her in time, even though she refuses to listen to me when I try to reason with her, its as if she feels invincible.
let her get smacked in the face with reality, then. Looks like it's the only way she'll learn  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:40 pm
I don't think this is selfish... Why should you do something that you dislike ?

She is just mad that things aren't going the way she wants... She expected that you'll come to Vegas with her and she can't accept that you changed your mind.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:40 pm
It sounds to me she is dead set on going to Vegas no matter what/who gets in her way so your not going will not convince her to stay.

Honestly I think you are going to have to be "selfish" in this situation. You have wonderful plans for your future involving family, college, and medical school. For your friend to want you to drop all of that just so you can help her do something that we all know think isn't going to end well is selfish of her.

Ultimately I don't think you should sacrifice your future for a friend that it doesn't sound like your super close to/want to live with all the time.
So if you really don't want to go to Vegas then don't go.
You cannot ruin your future just because she is ruining hers.
All you can do is try your hardest to talk some sense into her and be ready to catch her when she falls.

(These are just my personal opinions and do not do any of these things just because I would. Do what you feel is right. I apologize if anything I said offended you)

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items