Submit

RyuShikyo Yagari

Blessed Giver

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:50 pm
hope this is in the correct section. ALSO sorry for words that dont make sense, I am writting on my phone which has autocorrect also I make typos a lot.
Anyway to the point - heres the scenario, I will try not to miss details that are important. Basically ever since my sophomore year my friend (ill call her X) has been wanting to go to Las Vegas after highschool. we both live in Nebraska so thats a distance away. She has family issues and wants to be as far from them as possible. Anyway I without thinking agreed id go with her. at the time I was sorta blindly accepting it without much thought. big. mistake. It all seemed unreal and reality didnt hit till I graduated and things became real. So now I have come to realize I dont want to be in Las Vegas but I wish to be elsewhere because I have also discovered I am not a city girl. I am not the happiest person in the city and it isnt where I belong. However she on the other hand has over time set her heart on Las Vegas. I however more and more seem to want to go to Colorado.
you still with me I hope im not babbling ;-;. Basically I told her about it and now shes hurt and I understand that. but now shes wanting to cut ties with me over it. I honestly dont even think its wise for us to live together because we cant go 2 nights without getting annoyed and needing me days. so its not even wise to live with her in my opinion (which was the plan) so now im the bad guy because I didnt want to get into something I didnt want. So now im the bad guy because im looking after my own happiness. which I must confess I do feel selfish. so girls... tell me...
was I wrong to back out (I do feel bad about it regardless)
did I make a bad choice? (I already know the agreeing to it part was bad)
is it worth being her friend when shes going to threaten to cut ties with me for not following her where I dont want to be? I mean id be hurt to but I wouldnt cut ties with her ..

what are your thoughts on this. Just give it straight to me.  
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:43 pm
RyuShikyo Yagari
hope this is in the correct section. ALSO sorry for words that dont make sense, I am writting on my phone which has autocorrect also I make typos a lot.
Anyway to the point - heres the scenario, I will try not to miss details that are important. Basically ever since my sophomore year my friend (ill call her X) has been wanting to go to Las Vegas after highschool. we both live in Nebraska so thats a distance away. She has family issues and wants to be as far from them as possible. Anyway I without thinking agreed id go with her. at the time I was sorta blindly accepting it without much thought. big. mistake. It all seemed unreal and reality didnt hit till I graduated and things became real. So now I have come to realize I dont want to be in Las Vegas but I wish to be elsewhere because I have also discovered I am not a city girl. I am not the happiest person in the city and it isnt where I belong. However she on the other hand has over time set her heart on Las Vegas. I however more and more seem to want to go to Colorado.
you still with me I hope im not babbling ;-;. Basically I told her about it and now shes hurt and I understand that. but now shes wanting to cut ties with me over it. I honestly dont even think its wise for us to live together because we cant go 2 nights without getting annoyed and needing me days. so its not even wise to live with her in my opinion (which was the plan) so now im the bad guy because I didnt want to get into something I didnt want. So now im the bad guy because im looking after my own happiness. which I must confess I do feel selfish. so girls... tell me...
was I wrong to back out (I do feel bad about it regardless)
did I make a bad choice? (I already know the agreeing to it part was bad)
is it worth being her friend when shes going to threaten to cut ties with me for not following her where I dont want to be? I mean id be hurt to but I wouldnt cut ties with her ..

what are your thoughts on this. Just give it straight to me.

was I wrong to back out : No, it's okay to tell how you feel
did I make a bad choice? No
is it worth being her friend when shes going to threaten to cut ties with me for not following her where I dont want to be? It's childish to cut ties... I can understand that she is disappointed but to cut ties it's too much for such a little thing....

I mean there are friends that steal their friends boyfriend...

I hope with time your friend change her mind....

When I had an issue with a friend we somehow didn't talk for a few months, after that we were ok, because it's all forgiven, there is no more big deal..  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:13 pm
You weren't wrong at all to back out and it wasn't a bad choice. You realized that the fact of the matter is you know you couldn't even live with her, let alone run off to another state with her. It would have ended badly regardless because you know you couldn't live in the same place as her, so it's best that you stop yourself from going instead of getting into a mess like that. If she wants to end your friendship over this then I can honestly say she wasn't a really good friend to begin with. I understand being upset and hurt, it sucks to have a plan and then see it not pan out, but you have the right to change your mind and she just has to deal with that. You don't have to feel bad about wanting your own happiness. Don't feel selfish, because she's trying to put herself and what she wants over you and how you feel.

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games