Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:03 pm
Resistance

Judgement was the biggest threats to society before they destroyed the world. A small band of large group broke away in an attempt to stop what they had discovered could end not only the lives of those around them but their own lives as well. Spies in the occult group readily reported to a very secret and select group of government. Most didn't take the threat seriously and thought this as just another way to spend government money in grand fashions. Studies, tests, and samples were created each succumbing to the changes Judgement had planned for the world. It was then they realized the true doom they were about to face.

The team bust into work trying to find a cure, while two very select scientists set to work creating the first seed of a plant they hoped would cleans the air of the toxins. The two scientists rushed as quickly as they could to the place they had determined to have the richest soil bearings. where the seed would grow quickly. Before the seed could be planted and tested, the poison came killing and destroying everything, pulsing with an unknown life that had been born deep within the seed Aisha broke free of her confinement. At first small roots and leaves did just as scientists had hoped for, the air was cleaned of toxins but changes and death still occurred.

Aisha grew strong and fast, and with her body a conscious being also grew. Though at first it was hopeful the ones who had created her would return she grew depressed as time passed. They never returned to her side. Pained at the lonely solitude Aisha was dwelling the tree reached deep inside herself and the first lotus flowers appeared. The first of Aisha's children. At first they resembled the great tree's creators but they could not survive in the harsh land and they died. Each year Aisha gave rise to new improvements of her children and each year they died until at last, the Alkidike women were born.

At this time the great tree's roots had traveled far and wide below the ground here and there over Jahaur and Chibale. Tiny versions of herself had been made though they all had only her conscious thoughts as if she could travel through them to reach her children as they wandered the world. Teaching her children that the land was there's there home and their right. She had not suspected that earthlings and Sentients also shared the world until the first of the earthlings a Shifter unknowingly cut down one of Aisha's tiny versions of the great tree severing her contact with the Alkidike's that hovered in the area. He had though she would be a good source of food. Enraged the Alkidikes tracked down the culprit slaughtering him for the destruction to their great mother.

From this a great war had started, as Shifters retaliated for the death of one of their own and a war spread through the forests of Jahaur. Alkidike and Shifter blood alike spilled into the moist soil.

Created by: Silver_tigress18

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:04 pm
Beasts of the Past

Aisha wasn't the only being to be created in hopes of stopping the toxins that changed the world. Though as with all things they never made it to where they were supposed to go. Some had been stolen and taken far away from their homes. Others in the form of tiny embryos broke free of their restraints and roamed the land. Each being was one of a kind, rare, at first delicate but as they absorbed the toxins in the air and ground their bodies became hard and they quickly adapted to live in the new world. They did not care for the three races that existed in Tendaji and hid from them fearing for their lives. Though they were spotted from time to time they were considered no more than myths and legends though the legend of their existence circulates in stories to this day. They are the legendary beasts of the pasts.

Created by: Silver_tigress18

Suhuba
Captain

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 pm
The Indiwaigo

Before the land of Zena was covered in snow there was a creature lurked throughout the mountains devouring the wind tribe. Hauling its long body along the ground with its powerful front legs it would swallow its victims whole and its hunger never seemed to abate. Bergchi the mighty goddess of the wind seized and fought the monster, but soon discovered its hide was tougher than any metal she had every come across, her weapons useless against it. So instead she used a trap to capture the mighty Indiwaigo and sealed it in the dpeths a mountain. Using magic the creature now sleeps in a deep un-awakening sleep, but it is every spring when the sun manages to warm the frozen earth it is believed that is when it shifts in its sleep, its movements cause the mighty avalanches in the area. Tales of the Indiwaigo are often told to scare young children and to keep them close to home and to avoid going into the dangerous parts of the mountain.

Created by: jayoku

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:10 pm
The Legend of the Fire Bringer

Alkidike Version
Long ago, nights were forever dark in the jungle. Only the glowing fungus lit the way, and Alkidikes harbored a secret fear of what lay in the darkness behind trees. They tried to banish the dark with glowing spears, sticks with sharpened points dipped in the glowing resin of the trees... but these faded and the Alkidikes were left to feel every vibration as if it was a threat. The Warriors huddled together in camps, each pretending bravery, each filled with fear.
The shifters were better off, with the light of the stars and moon to comfort them in their canopy home.
Aisha felt the fear of her people, and wished to help them. She felt the sun on her leaves and realized that what they needed was a sun that they could bring into the darkness with them. She awoke a great beast sleeping in her roots and asked it a favor: She had given it roots to eat and comfort it as it slept: so now it must help her bring the sun to her people.
The great beast, a giant lizard with scales of amber and rust crystals and eyes of gold, understood. It crawled sleepily from its cave and up the tallest tree in Jahuar. Though it towered above the rest, it was not enough to reach the sun, no matter how the beast grasped at it. But it had to return the favor to the Great tree, it was bound by it's promise. So it wished, and from it's back, great ruby wings grew, and it flew to the sun and bit into it. It's belly filled with fire, and it fell to the ground. It was gravely injured, but it brought fire back to Aisha and gave it to the Alkidikes returning to its slumber, its task fulfilled. It is said that it still sleeps, warming Aisha's roots with it's glowing belly.

Shifter Version
The shifters lived in the canopy. Their nights were rarely dark and terrifying, but in their village they did miss the light of the sun. They wished they could have both moon and sun, silver and gold, black and white.
But they could not.
Even at this point, they warred with the Alkidike women, who called the beasts of the jungle to hassle them.
One night, the trees were lit by a great, glowing shape: a great lizard, orange and crystalline, flew above on wings of red crystal. It charged into the camp and fought valiantly, losing many but eventually defeating it. In it's wrath, the creature roared and became an incarnation of it's fiery determination and primal fury. It immolated and became a brilliant, pulsing crystal, setting the tree on fire, to be quenched by the rains. A young, clever prentice took the crystal heart and held it to her own. And then she knew that it was a piece of the sun itself, it's fire, it's light, it's love and its fury. She brought it with her to the under story when she wished to explore, and its light banished the hungry darkness. One day, however, a mischievous Radaku stole it from her and she wept for she was fond of the item and it had helped her so much.
But it had whispered its secrets into her mind when she had held it, and she realized she knew how to bring the sun into the night of Jahuar. She returned to her village with this knowledge and was then known as Sun-holder, the teacher of fire.

Tale Version
The nights are cold and dark on the Tale, and once upon a time the Leaf Tribe had no way to defend against it, besides huddling together in a communal hut.
One elder grew tired of this and decided, as was his wont, that something should be done. He sent four of his own: a Prentice, a Healer, an Archer, and a Mage out to find a way to bring the light and heat of day to the darkness of the savanna's night.
They journeyed across the tale, asking all they met about a way.
The Mage asked the stars what they should do: “You must find the sun's child and plead with it” they said.
The Archer asked the beasts where they should go: “To the great flat cave” they told him, “But beware, it will eat you if you anger it”
The Healer asked the plants what to say: “Tell it your plight, do not lie to it.”
The prentice... heard nothing, but followed the others.
They reached the flat cave, a strange place of stone with glass eyes and metal teeth. It was littered with bones and the mouth was not dark like most caves, but glowed with a warm light.
The four wandered inside. The light was warm and comforting until they reached the large room where the creature made its lair. It glowed, a creature of gold and white, with fire- red crystal wings. It looked at them with its brilliant eyes and growled... not one of threat, but one of curiosity.
The mage's eyes were sensitive and his nerves frayed from the trials of the journey. He panicked and leapt forward, a spell in hand, Earth thrown like a javelin at the creature. It broke against its glowing crystal hide, and the creature looked down upon the mage and breathed flame onto him before the others could react.
It turned to the others, calmly, and curiously growled again.
The archer stepped forwards.
“Greetings great one...” they said, looking sadly at the remains of his friend. “We did not mean to attack you”
“THEN WHY DID YOU COME?” replied the creature, it's rumbling voice sending the rocks around it whispering.
“We came to beg you for a boon”
“OF WHAT SORT”
“We wish for light to guide our ways in the night.”
“THIS I CAN GIVE YOU.”
“We would appreciate...” continued the archer politely,
“I WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU SEEK FOR A TASK THAT YOU DO FOR ME”
The archer's grief burst at the seams.
“How can you say that we must do something for you, when you took our friend from us?!” said the archer, anger seeping into his voice, “You are the one that owes us”
“HE ATTACKED ME. HE PAID THE PRICE. THE DEBT IS SETTLED. OURS IS A DIFFERENT DEBT. I WILL GIVE YOU LIGHT FOR A FAVOR.”
“That is unfair!” shouted the archer, “He did not deserve to die!”
“HE DID” said the beast, eyes narrowing, “MANY DIE THAT DO NOT DESERVE IT.” his growl grew louder.
“Take the deal..” said the healer, lightly touching the archer's arm.
“Fine. We will do it.”
“GOOD. YOU WILL BRING ME THE SILVER FEATHERS OF A MOON-BIRD, MY RIVAL WHICH ROOSTS ATOP MY HOME. DO THIS AND I WILL GIVE YOU A PIECE OF THE SUN AND ITS SECRETS”
“The piece first.” snarled the archer, belligerently.
The beasts eyes narrowed and the archer was consumed in flames. As his burning body fell to the ground, the beast looked at the healer.
“GO.”
The healer and the prentice left as fast as their feet would take them and climbed the tall stone spire. At the top, there was a great silver bird. As night fell, it awoke, but the prentice managed to snatch a good deal of tail feathers before they both beat a retreat. They hid in a crevice until it ceased hunting them. The healer looked upon the feathers with interest: they were a brilliant, shimmering silver. The healer wanted them, desired them... and pocketed all but two. The prentice said nothing, simply followed the healer back to where the Sun Beast waited.
“DID YOU BRING THEM”
“yes.” said the healer, offering the two feathers, and hiding the rest.
“IS THIS ALL OF THEM”
“Yes”
The beast's eyes narrowed.
“AND THE MOON BIRD. IS SHE DEAD?”
“Yes.” said the healer.
The beast breathed fire onto the healer, who vanished in a blaze, leaving the feathers they had offered and the feathers they had pocketed.
“YOU LIE.”
The beast turned to the prentice, cowering in the corner.
“I SHOULD KILL YOU, TOO. YOUR ALLIES WERE PITIFUL: THEY PANICKED AT THE FIRST SIGHT OF DANGER, THEY ALLOWED ANGER TO DESTROY THEM, AND THEY GAVE IN TO GREED AND LIED. TELL ME, YOUNG ONE, WHY SHOULD I SPARE YOU.”
The Prentice gulped.
“I will not lie. The bird lives.” they offered the feathers on the ground.
“These are what we took from her as she woke.”
they bowed before the creature.
“Do not kill me. I believed them right, as they were my elders, but I learned from them. I will not give in to fear. I will not give in to anger. I will not give in to greed.”
They rose, hands supplicating.
“I beg of you to offer me that which we sought: a light for dark places, a warmth in the cold. My three friends died for this, and I wish not to return empty handed.”
They stood resolute.
“Should you send me on another task, I will do it.”
The beast looked at them.
“AND IF THIS TASK KILLS YOU? AND IF I DO NOT HONOR OUR BARGAIN AND EAT YOU INSTEAD?”
“If I die, better that I die than return empty handed. You are a great and magnificent creature of great honor and conviction. If I die, by your task or by your hand, then I will die knowing that you will uphold your bargain and bring the light to my people.”
The beast contemplated the prentice for a moment, leaning down so that it's nose touched hers, and stared into their eyes.
It huffed, its breath warm and smokey.
“YOU HAVE LEARNED. YOU ARE WISE.”
it drew back.
“YOU HAVE EARNED IT BY YOUR WISDOM AND ABILITY TO LEARN.” said the beast, exposing its stomach, “TAKE YOUR REWARD, MY HEART. “
the prentice stepped back.
“I will not harm you, great and noble creature.”
The beast was surprised.
“YOU WILL NOT SLAY ME? THOUGH YOU HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT AND THOUGH YOUR FRIENDS LIE DEAD BY MY CLAWS?”
“No.”
The beast rolled back over.
“THEN I GIVE YOU MY FLAME INSTEAD. RETURN WITH IT TO YOUR TRIBE. FAIR WELL, YOUNG ONE.”
it breathed smoke upon her, and she felt fire burning in her veins.
The prentice returned, white of hair, to the tribe, and then knew the secrets of fire and light.
The secrets killed her as they spoke them, but from then on, the Leaf tribe has been able to bring the safety of sunlight to the nights of the village.
It is said the beast slumbers now, awaiting the return of the fire it lent.

Sauti and Zena Version
Once upon a time, the sun itself came to a woman of the wind tribe and had a child by her. This child had pointed ears, golden skin, and golden hair, and was a source of comfort and joy to all that met her. She lived in the mountains and came down to the wind tribe bands that came through her pass, and to the ice tribe when they visited, offering rare and wonderful things to them.
But Sauti and Zena were cold, and the people desired warmth.
The elders of both tribes decided to journey to her and ask her of the sun's secrets.
“I cannot tell you.” she said, sadly, “For my father will be angry.”
They begged and pleaded.
“I cannot tell you. I am sorry but I cannot.” she said, smiling sadly.
Their people were suffering, so they threatened her. They threatened her with rocks and sticks, knives and arrows.
“I am sorry, but I cannot tell you still! My father will be angry and will bring destruction down! I wish no harm upon you!”
They relented and apologized, and camped outside her cave home to discuss.
She stayed awake, watching them both as they shivered in the chill winds and tried to sleep.
Quietly, she stole out and made the first fire to warm them. They slept better, but the Elder of the Ice Tribe had been awake and had seen. He told his friend and the two elders agreed that they must learn it.
They pestered her all day, and all night, and for another day as well.
She finally relented.
“I will teach you this, but you must be careful! My father will be angry!”
She taught them how to make fire, and how to use it safely, and they brought it back to their tribes. There was much awe and rejoicing at the tongues of heat and light.
Father sun looked down and saw that the people no longer looked at him with such relief and joy when he crested the horizon in the morning. He asked his daughter why this was, and she lied, telling him he did not know. He believed her, until his friend, the moon, complained to him one dawn.
“Lord Sun, this is not fair. You rule the day, and I the night. But now you have given pieces of yourself to the people so they can hold you in the night as well. I cannot be angry because of the joy it gives them, but I thought better of you than to take what is not yours!”
The sun was surprised and saw for himself the burned charcoal and tinder.
He was angry.
“I will punish them for their insolence!” he promised the moon.
That day the ground rumbled and the mountains spit fire at the sun's wrath. The people ran in fear as ash and fire blanketed their villages and tents.
The sun's daughter knew what was happening, and knew she had to stop it.
She turned into a beautiful beast with scales of brilliant crystal orange and wings of ruby red and flew up to pacify her father.
His wrath burned even her and she fell into a great lake, its water quenching her flames.
The sun was startled from his wrath and the tremors subsided.
Bergchi, queen of ice, took pity on the dying girl and froze the lake so that her flames would no longer fade, and she would be able to sleep forever in ice until her light was needed again.
The sun forgave her, and forgave the people for using his light, in memory of his daughter, and his weeping at her doom and lasting sleep blanketed the sky with ash and blackness.
It cleared, but Sauti's air had been stained yellow by his sorrow.
And since then, wind and Ice tribes have had fire... and have paid respect to the great frozen lake that houses the shrine of Bergchi, for the sun's daughter sleeps there.

Created by: DraconicFeline

Suhuba
Captain

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:20 pm
The Ties That Bind

Many years ago upon the sands of Tale, an odd group of strangers became friends. All who had gathered were no more than Prentices but varied greatly in tribe nationality. There were three of the Leaf Tribe, three of the Wind Tribe, two of the Ice Tribe, and a pair of near identical Alkidikes with feathers in their hair. At first, none were certain as to why they had been summoned, but a letter from an unnamed tribe elder had guided them here.

"To you I greet with the utmost of cheer, for you have earned my respect! For what you do may not seem so great in the eyes of those around you, I see true potential! You must leave for the direct center of Tale, where you will meet others like yourself, for I have a task for all of you to partake!

Please don't be late! I am counting on you!"

Though the handwriting itself varied, denoting that more than just one elder was participating, each note bared no indication of who had written it down! The three from Tale assumed it to be none other than Enki or Enlil. The three from Sauti claimed that they had been selected by Vescillea. The two of the Ice Tribe pondered just why Freya would want to write to them, assuming that it was in fact her that had written. And the Alkidikes, one of which couldn't have cared any less, shrugged their shoulders and decided that whoever had written to them were exactly right. They were very special indeed.

Hours passed by while they waited for this mysterious elder to approach. The first had been spent trying to find a way to keep a certain distance from the other tribes without seeming rude. The second was spent making idle small talk amongst themselves. And finally, the third was spent actually trying to inter-mingle. The idea of chatter between all members of the group was roughly foreign to all those participating, but surprisingly easy once they all found that they had one integral thing in common. None of them cared for harboring ill feelings towards one another for their racial background.

The Alkidikes were the first to open up a discussion on how much they disliked how grumpy their mother was, which prompted one of the males from the Wind tribe to share the multiple instances that his own mother tried to have him killed. This was followed by an hour of humor from the mouth of a male from the Leaf Tribe, which had the girl from the Ice Tribe doubled over with laughter. Before long, every single person had shared their story, cracked a joke, and brought forth comfort and advice to another that was struggling. It was all so much fun that they had forgotten to look out for their mystery elder, who had already arrived!

To their surprise, what they thought had been an elder from the very top rung, turned out to be a familiar face that they had encountered every day! From Tale came Kuthun, the steadfast elder from the village of Yera. From Sauti came Qasim, the responsible elder from the village of Mez. From Zena came Joln'ku, the forgiving elder from the city of Zidel. And from Jauhar came Susuya, the generous elder from Andile. Each had sat in an empty space between a member from a tribe different than their own and promptly began to laugh when they were finally spotted.

"No need to stop, continue sharing!" Susuya remarked.

"Come now, I'm curious!" Kuthun added.

"Don't mind us, we're not here to judge!" Laughed Joln'ku.

"I want to know more about you lot! Continue!" Qasim cried.

The once chattering Prentices fell silent, stunned by how their elders were reacting. What were they doing? They wanted to join in on their discussion? Why weren't they angry that they were talking to other tribes in such a nice manner? It was befuddling!

"This has to be some sort of test!" Cried Cusick, the male from the Leaf Tribe.

"But I'm still recovering from injuries, I can't fight!" Osha, a boy from the Wind Tribe panicked.

"You could borrow my knife, maybe...?" Luljeta, one of the Alkidikes, suggested. However, her arm was jabbed by her sister, who shook her head in distaste.

"No! We'll need that!" Her sister, Arjeta growled.

"I don't know anything about fighting! Please let me go home!" The ice tribe girl, Ren, shrieked.

"ENOUGH!" Qasim bellowed, throwing his staff into the center of the circle they were sitting in. "If you would all just keep your traps shut and listen for a second, we might be able to tell you what you're here for!"

"Exactly." Kuthun sighed, rubbing his temples before motioning to Susuya. "Why don't you take over from here, Susu? I might be developing a migraine."

"Why does she always get to address people?!" Joln'ku protested, only to have her head bopped by Kuthun's staff. "Okay, okay! Jeez..."

Susuya rolled her eyes and turned her attention the group of Prentices before her. She smiled at Luljeta and Arjeta and placed her spear in the center as Qasim had done.

"None of us are here to fight," She explained. "We are here to form bonds and connect, as you have already done."

"Yes, you were doing so well!" Joln'ku interrupted, heaving a sigh. "Until you noticed that we were here! I mean, really, you could have just gone on!"

"But, what sort of purpose does this serve, elder?" Ita, a girl from the Leaf Tribe, asked.

"Yes, do explain why!" Moka, a boy from the Wind tribe, barked.

"Yeah, I had to put off my sword training for this!" Zevian, the boy from the Ice Tribe, added.

"QUIET! FOR THE SAKE OF US ALL!" Qasim screamed, shaking his head. "I've forgotten how loud you lot can be! Keep your pants on and we'll explain everything!"

"Thank you, Qasim." Kuthun grumbled. "Now my head is pounding..."

"PISS TO YOUR HEAD!" Qasim growled.

"You two are acting like CHILDREN!" Susuya said, turning to Joln'ku. "Why don't you continue? I think I'd better watch these two brats to keep another not-so-mock battle from happening..."

"Alright, Susu!" Joln'ku agreed, grinning rather deviously. "This little group you've formed is going to serve as a friendship circle! You'll send letters to each other and walk together and maybe even fall in love with each other!" She sighed, gazed to the side, and giggled. "Wouldn't that be cute if that happened?"

"I think that would be funny!" Luljeta giggled, glancing towards Cusick. "But I don't know who I would pick!"

"NONE OF THEM!" Arjeta screamed. "We do not mix our blood with other tribes, we've been over this!"

"Oh, shush, you suck up!" Luljeta teased, winking towards Cusick. "I can do whatever I'd like!"

"BAHAHAHA! SHE SAID SHE'D DO CUSICK!" Moka cackled, practically doubled over.

"Okay, Susu, this is why we don't let Joln'ku handle anything..." Kuthun sighed.

"Noted for future reference, Kuth." Susuya replied.

"You three just have no hearts!" Joln'ku squeaked, folding her arms across her chest. "Love is something you will never experience!"

"I've experienced love, it's quite wonderful!" Qasim said with a rather goofy smile.

Kuthun smirked. "Food doesn't count as romantic love, Qasi."

"YOU BUGGER, YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!" Qasim cried.

"Elder Susuya, may I beat one of them with my bare hands?" Arjeta asked.

"No, Arjeta, that won't solve anything." Susuya laughed. "Believe me, I've tried to beat sense into all three of them, but violence isn't always the answer, dear."

"It isn't...?" Arjeta blinked.

"Nope! Love is always the answer!" Joln'ku giggled.

"Can we please talk about something other than love and violence...?" Cusick whined. "It's making me uncomfortable..."

"WHERE?" Moka coughed before being swiftly slapped by Pan, the girl that had come with he and Osha. "What the hell was that for?!"

"For being an a**, as usual!" Pan sighed, giving a courteous nod to Cusick.

"Okay, I second the notion of not talking about love and violence!" Osha added, nodding rapidly. "Can we continue talking about why we're here, please?"

"Yes, Kuthun, why don't you continue?" Susuya nudged.

"Eh? Oh, alright." Kuthun nodded. "Okay, you are all a big group of friends now. We want you to stay this way forever and help make peace between all the tribes. Blah blah bladddity blaaaah..."

"Thank you, Kuthun, I suppose..." Susuya mumbled.

"You're welcome!" Kuthun chirped, leaning back on his staff rather smugly.

"But what about the Shifters, elder?" Luljeta asked. "There's no one here to represent them!"

"Well, we would have had an elder from their tribe here if Qasi hadn't insulted him!" Susuya replied, glaring at Qasim.

"It's not my fault that he couldn't take a joke!" Qasim grunted. "How was I supposed to that his mother was really as big as a hut?!"

"Was she really?" Walvia, Ita's sister, gasped.

"How the hell should I know, I got my face kicked in before I could take a good look!" Qasim replied.

"Maybe we should just skip the whole explanation thing and skip right to exchanging information..." Kuthun mumbled.

"Why? This is hilarious!" Joln'ku piped.

"You'd think your feet were hilarious if they were covered in grass, Joln..." Kuthun sighed.

"Would not!" Joln'ku said.

"Elders, I beg you!" Zevian cried. "Keep calm and tell us what we're supposed to be doing here!"

"EXCHANGING INFORMATION SO YOU CAN BOTHER EACH OTHER AND BE A CONNECTED GROUP OF LIKE MINDED INDIVIDUALS!" Qasim hollered, flinging bits of paper and charcoal out into the center of the circle. "THERE! Exchange locations, names, and whatever else you lot want to share! THE END!"

And with Qasim's final shout, each individual wrote a card for every person that surrounded them. Some were longer than others, some were shorter than others, but all contained useful information on how to keep in touch in case help was needed or if a visit wanted to be planned. At the end of it all, Kuthun and Qasim did indeed have one of their crazy battles, Joln'ku paved the way for some very strange romantic feelings between certain members of the group, and Susuya went home contemplating why she had agreed to be friends with them in the first place.

As for our odd group of strangers, they went on to become an equally odd group of adults who kept their promise to their elders. They kept in constant contact, drew closer together, and even traveled the world as a group! They became known as The Ties That Bind, people who have chosen to become symbolic ties that mingle between all the tribes. While some have chosen to stay closer to home in recent years, or have sadly passed away, this tight knit little group still stands strong. Some have even followed Joln'ku's teachings and have had children together! Talk about making a group of permanent ties!

Created by: Pidgeons Go Meow X3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:21 pm
The Man Who Married A Rock

There once was a feeble minded young man who lived in Rayf. He was fairly gentle, but known to be incredibly stupid. Even his own family members had absolutely no idea what to do with him on most days. However, despite his overall lack of intelligence, he was deemed useful to the tribe.

Upon one summer's day, the man returned to his tent with a delightful disposition, not that it really mattered to his family, he was rarely in a sour mood. He assembled his family together, cracked a rather boisterous grin, and produced a very large stone from his pocket.

"Mother, father," He said. "I would like you to meet my future wife! We are to be married in a week's time!"

Of course, upon hearing his words, his family could only respond with laughter. But, when they had finished and found that the young man had not been kidding, their expressions turned to that of sourness and disbelief.

"You must be joking!" Exclaimed his sister.

"That thing isn't a person!" Howled his brother.

"Have you lost your mind?!" Screamed his father.

The young man, crushed by the lack of support from his family, packed his things and left Rayf behind him. His family simply shrugged and moved on without him, figuring that it was for the best. He had clearly lost his mind and wasn't of any use to them anymore.

But what his family didn't know was that the rock he had shown them was an invitation to the young man's wedding! The young man was to marry a woman from Tinerr who worked as an artisan! She had spent all day carving that stone so her future husband could show his family how experienced she was! Instead, her husband returned to her and explained that his family thought she wasn't a person and that he had lost his mind! Still, the very next week, without the presence of his horrible family, they were married! And the young man never went back home to Rayf again.

The moral of this story, my friends, is to always keep both your mind and your eyes wide open! If you keep them closed, you might just think one of your family members is daft enough to marry a rock, too!

Suhuba
Captain

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:22 pm
Little Lenka Saw a Ghost

Little Lenka went out one snowy morning!
In her boots, in her boots, one very snowy morning!
She wore her hood up on her glossy curls!
Her very, very, glossy curls!
And set out to find where her brother had gone!
Where had her brother gone?

High and low and to a fro did little Lenka look!
So high, so low, and to and fro!
Not a trace of him did she find!
No trace, no trace, no brother's face!
But what was found brought such a fright!
A fright, a fright, not true delight!

A ghost, a ghost!
A ghost, a ghost!
All covered in red!
So red, so red!
And soon, so was Little Lenka!
Made red by the ghost's revenge!

.|| Tendaji ||.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash