View Results

Miku-Marmalade

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:32 am
I seen another thread on this but she allows no posts?

Anywho I'm just making on where it can be discussed. I'm new to it but I wanted to know what your views were on it, if you practice it, etc.

I've read the book but Scott Cunningham on Wicca. It's a great book and I suggest anyone read it who's curious.

I am not a teacher and I can't really suggest much of anything else since I'm a newbie.

Anywho blessed be everyone.

Oh sorry if this thread is wrong or anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:14 am
★★☆

I've been interested in the Pagan/Wiccan path for a while, but have only just recently found the courage within myself to begin researching the subject. It's a very confusing world for a newbie to venture into without any guidance, but I think I'm beginning to grasp most of the basic concepts. I have a stack of books (and a long list of Kindle books) to read that have been recommended by various practitioners within the community.

What is it that drew you to the path? I love the focus on nature and natural living/healing, as well as the focus on energies. Another aspect that I'm drawn to is that, depending on your specific path, there's no obligation to believe in or worship deities. I'm still unsure about my thoughts on that matter - I don't object to the notion of a deity, but I'm hesitant to believe in one that I haven't seen in action.

"Live each day as if you're
the protagonist of the Earth."

II Lioness II

Malevolent Firestarter

Miku-Marmalade

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm
II Lioness II
I was drawn too to the nature based studies. I've always felt that the earth was something awesome and I wanted to be one with it(I know that sounds dumb…). But I have some knowledge of native Americans. They did so well surviving without all of today's technology and things unnatural and stuff. So I'm currently trying to eat more along the natural side. Several reasons for that. To lose weight and to be more in tune with earth. I mean, studying earth and eating from Her(I refer to earth as a female. ) helps me become closer to Her. But I'm not gonna lie, I do get tempted to eat pastries. But it's coz I haven't done so for 21 days.

But another thing that drew me is the freedom of the religion. I never felt connected to Christianity. Meh. I was aethiest for a while but I wanted more to be spiritual. Like have SOMETHING to look up to, to cry to, y'know?

So yeah.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:05 pm
BRINGING BACK TO LIFE.

Hey ladies. I'm into the pagan paths as well~ Currently received my first tarot deck in my stocking on Christmas morning! I LOVE IT. Very into divination, and spirits~ Native American Trads especially ones in my area. ♥

I am also, on a HUGE learning road. Reading all sorts of books online and off that I can find. Talking with others interested in the craft and pagan lifestyles. Sharing and learning and weeding out a lot of misinformation through communication with others!

My goal is to find my 9 spirit animals, and adopt a lot of my own native traditions and mixing them with more witchcraft and divination through meditations and rituals. Possibly finding my ruling goddess and god for worships or rites and etc. Hmm~ I think that's about all right now.

If you are interested in Pagan Paths and talking and learning, quote me, message me or even friend me!! heart I'd love to make new friends especially ones interested in the same things as me. Especially things I value. ;D  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:59 am
I have a friend I think is Wicca, by how she talks about energy she picks up from various stones and items and such
I don't feel anything o.e
A "friend" that claimed that she could use telepathy and see ghosts tried the former with me. Said I had shields she couldn't get through. Granted, I didn't believe her and was so thinking 'this is stupid' nonstop...
Sweep. I'm borrowing them from a different friend when she gets them, but Wicca is in it. Learned a bit from it
So I'm interested in it more for study so that I don't sound like a complete idiot when around Wiccans

Had a Shadowscapes tarot deck, but they got wet and now I need a new deck :I  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:19 am
Kitalpha Hart
I have a friend I think is Wicca, by how she talks about energy she picks up from various stones and items and such
A "friend" that claimed that she could use telepathy and see ghosts tried the former with me. Said I had shields she couldn't get through. Granted, I didn't believe her and was so thinking 'this is stupid' nonstop...
Sweep. I'm borrowing them from a different friend when she gets them, but Wicca is in it. Learned a bit from it
So I'm interested in it more for study so that I don't sound like a complete idiot when around Wiccans

Hi, I'm Wiccan and she was not lying at all. Some people shields, internal walls, or barriers just come natural to them. However, before you try any magick or start practicing it from whomever you learn it from.. I GREATLY behoove you to know of the Wiccan rede. Especially the three fold law.

I hope you and your studies go well, but just remember, study with no ill in your heart for yourself or others.

Blessed Be. smile  

Haunting Paranoia

Wheezing Bunny

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:30 am
Haunting Paranoia
Kitalpha Hart

Hi, I'm Wiccan and she was not lying at all. Some people shields, internal walls, or barriers just come natural to them. However, before you try any magick or start practicing it from whomever you learn it from.. I GREATLY behoove you to know of the Wiccan reed. Especially the three fold law.

I hope you and your studies go well, but just remember, study with no ill in your heart for yourself or others.

Blessed Be. smile
the second person I mentioned is also a liar to the point where no one believes her, even if she is telling the truth. She claimed to be physic in middle school. Junior year in high school, I asked her if she remembered that. She denied it and said that I had made it up. She wanted to become Wiccan at the end of our junior year, but I think it was with ill intent against her dad

My first friend I believe, as she's not one to lie. The third just likes the Sweep series

But I prefer studying religions over practicing them. Too many bad memories from when I was young to follow one now  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:59 am
Kuudere-senpai

Not all that familiar with the Native American side of paganism, and sadly no one I'm around or know is familiar with anything involving it generally speaking. but hi! and yay for brining threads back from death ^_^

Kitalpha Hart

geez I haven't heard to the series Sweep in years. I had a friend try and get me into the series but never really picked it up o.o

and like Haunting said, energy and shields and such are real but if this friend of yours was constantly lying about stuff I'd say there's at least a 50/50 shot she was lying about that too. feeling energy in stones and objects is a lot more common from what I've heard and dealt with (my mom hands me stones all the time asking about them with about five different questions attached...) and for sure check out the Wiccan Rede. it's pretty easy to find and has a lot that wiccans follow, or try to, some don't. if you want to learn more about wiccan, or paganism in general which it was it and a lot more falls under, I'd encourage you to look around where you live for any kind of New Age store. a lot of people in those stores are very nice and willing to answer any questions you could have, and can even point you to a few books about it if you want  

StrayKit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:42 pm
StrayKit
Kuudere-senpai

Not all that familiar with the Native American side of paganism, and sadly no one I'm around or know is familiar with anything involving it generally speaking. but hi! and yay for brining threads back from death ^_^

Kitalpha Hart

geez I haven't heard to the series Sweep in years. I had a friend try and get me into the series but never really picked it up o.o

and like Haunting said, energy and shields and such are real but if this friend of yours was constantly lying about stuff I'd say there's at least a 50/50 shot she was lying about that too. feeling energy in stones and objects is a lot more common from what I've heard and dealt with (my mom hands me stones all the time asking about them with about five different questions attached...) and for sure check out the Wiccan Rede. it's pretty easy to find and has a lot that wiccans follow, or try to, some don't. if you want to learn more about wiccan, or paganism in general which it was it and a lot more falls under, I'd encourage you to look around where you live for any kind of New Age store. a lot of people in those stores are very nice and willing to answer any questions you could have, and can even point you to a few books about it if you want
only ethnic we really have here is Mexican :/
If she wasn't a constant liar, then yes, I would have had a better chance at believing her
Sweep isn't too bad, really
-sigh-
I wonder how different my life would be if I did follow a religion/cult...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:19 pm
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kuudere-senpai

Kitalpha Hart

If she wasn't a constant liar, then yes, I would have had a better chance at believing her
-sigh-

well when you say cult you make it sound like some horrible brain washing thing XD

it doesn't really have to be different, does it? I mean some people think religion or spirituality or whatever you want to call it has to change your life some drastic way but really, I don't think it has to do that  

StrayKit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:05 pm
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kuudere-senpai

Kitalpha Hart

-sigh-

well when you say cult you make it sound like some horrible brain washing thing XD

it doesn't really have to be different, does it? I mean some people think religion or spirituality or whatever you want to call it has to change your life some drastic way but really, I don't think it has to do that
some religions are nothing more than brainwashing cults. I'm not as extreme as my dad. For him, religion=cult

And it depends. The word you use, phrases, thoughts. They can be influenced by the religion. Such as 'Blessed Be' from Wiccans. Shalom is a greeting in Islam. So religions will influence you to different extents, which is why studying them is more educational than actually being in them, IMO
Granted, I might miss out on several things that might be reserved for the members of that religion/cult, but it's always possible to learn them from a willing member  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:09 pm
Kitalpha Hart

Haunting Paranoia

I suggest the two of you read and join in this thread's conversations and even join the guild! Its THE best place to start and ask questions.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/friends-chat/hot-for-pagans-a-hangout-thread-for-pagans/t.57519499_11728/#11728

No one is wiccan unless they are part of a real coven and have been initiated as such. There are a limited number of these actual covens and you will most lykely have to do a lot of travelling in order to take part seriously. Also, tons of hard work and dedication is a must.  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 pm
StrayKit
Kuudere-senpai

Not all that familiar with the Native American side of paganism, and sadly no one I'm around or know is familiar with anything involving it generally speaking. but hi! and yay for bringing threads back from death ^_^

I wouldn't say its pagan to be exact. Mostly spiritual and could be considered religious. For me though its only spiritual. I've got tons of really good sites and sources in RL to help me learn more.

I love the shamanism thats a part of the native trads. Working in sweat lodges and smoke and herbs. Maybe even be a part of Hedgecraft~ O: Which would be interesting to get into, if I'm good at it. Haha.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:28 pm
Kuudere-senpai

cool! I've never heard of hedgecraft before though...and it is possible to be wiccan and not part of a coven, it's really common actually. there's solitary practitioners, people who do things on their own. covens can be tricky, they might not be what you're looking for or be close but you still aren't comfortable with it, so a lot of people stick to solitary practice. a lot of people think that to be wiccan you have to be part of it like....how a lot of people think you can't really be Christian if you don't go to church regularly, or something like that.

Kitalpha Hart

well in comparison those are still not huge changes. I mean some people think religion or spirituality or what have you will completely change everything about their lives, but it isn't always true. you are right though, learning about it and being part of it gives different experiences. studying religions over all and learning about them, the history, importance, meanings, teachings, all of that is still great though. and there is a lot of absolutely gorgeous and amazing artwork and architecture built through out the years that came from a basis in one religion or another too.  

StrayKit

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:47 pm
StrayKit
Kuudere-senpai

cool! I've never heard of hedgecraft before though...and it is possible to be wiccan and not part of a coven, it's really common actually. there's solitary practitioners, people who do things on their own. covens can be tricky, they might not be what you're looking for or be close but you still aren't comfortable with it, so a lot of people stick to solitary practice. a lot of people think that to be wiccan you have to be part of it like....how a lot of people think you can't really be Christian if you don't go to church regularly, or something like that.

Kitalpha Hart

well in comparison those are still not huge changes. I mean some people think religion or spirituality or what have you will completely change everything about their lives, but it isn't always true. you are right though, learning about it and being part of it gives different experiences. studying religions over all and learning about them, the history, importance, meanings, teachings, all of that is still great though. and there is a lot of absolutely gorgeous and amazing artwork and architecture built through out the years that came from a basis in one religion or another too.

I suggest you go to the link that I posted for the other two girls. I'm terrible at explaining things. And these other ladies will clear things up for you and what it means to wiccan.  
32. ✿ - - - Religious Haven

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff