Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Valve Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is dedicated to the Valve Corporation. Makers of Half Life. 

Tags: Valve, Team Fortress 2, Portal, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead 

Reply Off Topic Discussions
I hereby declare that we are talking about Minecraft now

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roisu
Crew

Witty Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:37 pm
Heavendove
4. Other Favorite games not from Valve:Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, The Secret World, EverQuest 2, Minecraft.

enchanteur _maiden
4. Other Favorite games not from Valve: Resident evil, bioshock, tekken, Minecraft, Call of Duty

Our two newest members both said they like Minecraft! Because I want the guild to be more active all our guild members to become friends, you two (and everyone else) should talk about Minecraft. Here, I'll get us started:

Do you like redstone? I think redstone contraptions are the coolest. My boyfriend made a fully-automatic chicken farm that peta would hate produces, raw and cooked chicken meat, eggs, and feathers.

What kind of servers do you like? I'm not much for PvP, so I prefer servers where you can claim/buy/whatever your own land and other people can't grief you. I also like playing single player or on small servers with just friends.

What's your favorite thing you've built? I made Isaac and some of the TBOI bosses as wool pixel art. It's the only pixel art I've done without using a reference. (Perler bead designs make great Minecraft pixel art references, btw)  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:32 pm
Roisu

Do you like redstone? I think redstone contraptions are the coolest. My boyfriend made a fully-automatic chicken farm that peta would hate produces, raw and cooked chicken meat, eggs, and feathers.

What kind of servers do you like? I'm not much for PvP, so I prefer servers where you can claim/buy/whatever your own land and other people can't grief you. I also like playing single player or on small servers with just friends.

What's your favorite thing you've built? I made Isaac and some of the TBOI bosses as wool pixel art. It's the only pixel art I've done without using a reference. (Perler bead designs make great Minecraft pixel art references, btw)

I think redstone is okay, but I never bothered trying to figure it out properly so I can only do basic stuff like hidden doors.

I don't really like servers that much. I don't mind ones with unlimited creative building space, but on survival I just don't feel safe on public servers. I like playing survival with friends on private servers.

I once made a giant spaceship in creative using my own design. It failed. I also made nyan cat and pikachu out of coloured wool in creative using images from google. I have also made various statues of my friends in minecraft out of wool.  

Heavendove

Demonic Recalibrator

19,650 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Redecorator 50

Astraea_09

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:53 pm
Gahh! I love playing minecraft particularly the survival mode (monsters ~yaaay!) and multiplayers.. i played a few times on a private server with friends , but yeah somehow i don't feel safe on public servers as well :<

anyway, as for the redstone.. same with heavendove i never bother figuring it out completely, tho i think the redstone contraptions are great xD lol whoa a fully-automatic chicken farm? so cool! xD

~ well apparently my computer had problems and i can only play tf2 right now xD

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:45 pm
My boyfriend and I are regularly visiting a public server right now where it's really easy to claim land, and nobody can deal damage to other players on claimed land. I have my plot, and I rarely venture out of it. Whether I'm on my claim or not, I still freak out whenever I see someone else.

I'm at the same redstone skill (or more accurately, lack thereof) as you two, but I just loooove getting to see all of Boyfriend's creations.

Aaaand, now I'm gonna have the nyan song stuck in my head all night. xp

Wait, your computer can handle TF2 but not Minecraft? I'm playing more Minecraft than usual because my aging laptop can't deal with TF2 anymore. I mean, I have to play on the lowest settings, and rain gives me debilitating lag, but..

Anyway, I've been saying for a while that I'll get a nice desktop soon, but this time I really mean it.  

Roisu
Crew

Witty Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Off Topic Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers