Submit

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:20 pm
User Image "Sir, I can't really do that, my ability doesn't actually TELL you the future but gives you more guidelines, I am not doubting my ability i just can't tell you EXACTLY what the future will bring, noone can, I can give you a brief outline look but tarot isn't to be used as if it is some fortune telling device, I am sorry."

By now the male was getting rather annoyed, he had been having the same conversation with this female for the past half hour or so and right now he just wanted to get this over with "yet I was told by your mother that you would be able to give me what I wanted" he huffed at her.

"It wouldn't of been my mother then because she taught me most of what I know and she knows that tarot reading isn't for future telling, it is a guideline, I am sorry but you have been misinformed" she said as the other picked up his payment and turned around, making for certain that his tails slapped her across the face before knocking several of her tarot cards into the lake as his tails came down.

"Opps, sorry" he said sarcastically ((lack of the right word)) "and fine, then just don't bother thinking you will get anymore customers, as soon as I tell others of the crap job you did no one will come to you!" He huffed once more, picking up his payment and walked off.

"No!" She said as she watched four of her cards slowly get soaked and sink to the bottom, she didn't care what that jackass did to her but those cards...those cards were a gift from her mother, her first deck! And now...now their ruined! Calliope laid down and buried her face in her paws, how was she going to tell her mother that the first deck of tarot cards she got was as a child from her mother which belonged to her grandmother before her was now ruined? Her mother would never forgive her.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:03 pm
User Image Dach had been idly floating in the lake watching from some distance away like a big neon crocodile, waiting for an opportunity to approach Calliope himself for... slightly different reasons. He didn't want to interrupt her session with her customer, that always pissed her off, but it seemed to be going south fairly quickly even without his help. He figured she could handle her own if the guy was stupid enough to try and lay a paw on her, but what he wound up doing wasn't something Dach was close enough to interfere with.

Calliope was upset about losing her cards, and if he'd been closer the dragon would likely have lost his cool. But he could either go after the jack-a** or try to save Calliope's cards, and he imagined the cards meant more to her than pounding the jerk's face in or she would have done it herself. With a brief flash of brilliant green he'd disappeared under the water, trying to fetch the cards before they got lost in the mud on the lake bottom. He couldn't prevent the water damage, but he tried to make sure they didn't get torn at least.

After a moment he surfaced and ambled awkwardly from the lake to a nearby rock in front of Calliope to unload his fragile burden. He actually didn't say anything for once, so focused was he on sorting the cards out and brushing bits of silt off of them before trying to get them to lay flat on top of the rock. He looked around speculatively to see if there was another flat rock, or some smaller ones, nearby to lay on top of them to make sure they didn't curl, but apparently that was asking a bit much.

"Hope I got 'em all," he half muttered as he shifted over to nose at Calliope. "Hey, stop with the waterworks Ms. Diviner, I need you to see if I got 'em all. If I need to go fish more out I don't want to leave 'em in there any longer than I gotta. Water and paper don't make good friends, ya know."

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 pm
Calliope looked up and sighed a little "not crying just...wait...what are YOU doing here?" She asked, noticing who it was and glared at him before realizing what he said after the original thing he said "you...what?" She asked looking past him and over to the rock and saw her drenched cards, picking up the rest and sticking them into the pouch they were usually kept in she got up and walked over to the cards. "They are all here, thankfully that a** only knocked the four in" she said as she smiled a little and turned around to face him "since when did you believe in doing anything nice for someone else, especially if that someone else was me? She asked curiously before shaking her head "don't bother answering that" she said as she walked over and licked his cheek "thank you" she said as she smiled at him "I guess you are not entirely bad" she said as she sat down, hoping that, since it was a beautiful, bright, hot sunny day the cards wouldn't take too long to dry.  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:04 pm
"Pfft. I do have a few rules of conduct, I'll have you know. I realize you probably wouldn't think a whole lot of them, but they're still there." Dach huffed a bit and turned to stare out over the lake. "'Sides, I might have fun irritating you from time to time but that doesn't mean I like seeing you sad..." He was not looking away to avoid eye contact. Nope. Not at all.

He changed the subject by giving the cards a critical glance, still pondering finding something to keep them flat. "Hey I'll be right back, I'm gonna see if I can find anything downstairs to use to keep 'em from curling." He didn't give time for response before he had disappeared into the water again to hidden cave home.

Might as well get her the thing he'd been wanting to talk to her about, while he was at it. He stuck it along with the rest of his load into a plastic bag and returned to the surface. There he turned out the bag to reveal another one, made of leather with a drawstring, which he also turned out to spill out a startling display of different colored crystals and chunks of semi-precious stones. He selected a few to stack around the edges of the cards and shoveled the rest back into the pouch. Upon returning the pouch to the plastic bag he pulled out the other object; a small, simple carving of a bird made out of obsidian.

"I went on a trip for the hell of it last week and I found this, I uh... thought it might be a good one for you?" He plopped it down in front of her with a carefully neutral expression on his face. "So... there it is. Is that good?"

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:18 pm
Before she replied she waited till the other had come back and looked over the object in front of her "so...whilst this is beautiful and all..." she had to admit it was! And how she was adoring it more by the second...not that she would admit that "...what do you want me to read for you today? Tea leaves? Tarot? Elements? I have an extensive list if you want me to go get it for you" she said as she looked at him and smiled "but as you were saying earlier, you haven't exactly given me reason to think a whole lot of them, you haven't let me think a whole lot of you when you get right down to it" she said, hating that it sounded so harsh but it was true. "Of course, I am not leaving myself out of this, I haven't really given you a good chance to see what you are like either, I mean, that one outing we did together was a bit of an eye opener, I admit and then there was the surrogate parent thing with the cub, but we haven't really sat down and just talked or hung out or whatever without something or something needing to be done or wanting our attention" she said as she felt like she may regret this next suggestion.

"So, why not, for today at least, just do what WE want to do? Hang out, do whatever we want, have a nice lunch somewhere, maybe even start calling each other friends?" She suggested, hoping this wasn't going to backfire on her somehow, sure they had, to an extent, gotten along in the past but this was different now, it was a situation where they could both be themselves, let both their guards down and just enjoy? Each others company and hell, maybe even learn something about each other" she said, wondering now if this could be taken back, a part of her just didn't want any agro an she knew, that the trip they spent away together, wasn't exactly the most easiest on many occasions, she and he did still have their spats.

But the fact of what he said was still ringing loud and clear in his head 'don't like to see her sad... he was a sweetheart more then he liked to let on and yet whilst she understood this a part of her still lived in the past, she still felt a little defensive around him but maybe this day together might let her drop those defenses a little more.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:28 pm
Dach stared at her for a moment, obviously confused after she asked him what he wanted read before it hit him. "Oh. You thought that was for...? That was... I guess I just thought you'd like it?" He almost immediately turned around to stare at the drying cards, as if the sheer force of his gaze would make them dry faster so he could find a way to change the subject. Though he was pretty sure whatever he said next would come out either making him look stupid, or pissing her off again.

Fortunately she offered an escape for him of her own accord, and seemingly without realizing it. "...Lunch?" His eyes turned back to her, long ears perked forward. She had to know enough about him by now that he never turned down food. "Well, I just got back last night, so I don't have any plans... and it would be impolite to turn down a lunch invitation, right?" Yeah, he was probably trying a little too hard to make it seem like he wasn't just jumping all over the opportunity. But, you know, bonus points for him if he could actually get her to willingly hang out with him for a while... and not piss her off. If he could actually make friends with her that would be... nice. Not that he was lonely or anything! Nope.

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:31 pm
Calliope was taken aback a little, that was for HER? As in a GIFT!? Yeeeeah, didn't see THAT coming "Dach, I..." she got up and walked over to him and nuzzled him "thank you, it is, as you know, beautiful and very thoughtful, of course though, liking it would be a bit of an understatement, I LOVE it!" She said as she sad down next to him "then lunch it is she giggled "and yes, it would, let me see if Lenore has any left over food and we can take a bit with us before we go...that is, if you don't mind seeing my family again" she said, not that they had properly met before but still.  
Kitsusagi Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games