Your all going to Hell! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you beleave in Hell?
  Yes
  No
  An eternity of Pergatorial GOLD for me...(pole whore option)
View Results

moongoyal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:59 am
Ok...I have been told this a lot. That Im going to Hell.
this leads to a great big conundrum to me...because I have never beleaved in hell (even my parents reiligion does not include it). so how precisely am I going to be condemed to a place that does not exist.
condemn me to oblivion why dont you...its a lot more likely.

so im wondering...does anyone else get told this...and what do you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:03 am
Hell is mostly a motivator to keep people who believe in christianty from doing wrong in this life because they believe they will be punished in the afterlife.

I really think that people make their own hell more than anything. People become weighed down with the guilt and pain of things they have done, and feel that they deserve to be punished for their wrongdoing, and thus create their own personal hells.

As for hell itself, I kindof feel the general idea on it from sandman applies. No one keep the souls there, they travel their of their own free will. I see it as just one possible path of many to take, and although I don't know why people would choose it for themselves that is their choice I suppose.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

moongoyal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:08 am
so then if we create our own personal hells...how can anyone "save" us from it?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:51 am
Yay, I'm going to Hell to meet all those lovely bishies!

But seriously, I as well think hell as a state of mind. You can save somebody from it, but the final salvation (using those awfully christian terms) is up to you. I would call depression a hell (looking back to my friendships with some people who have experienced it) as well as some other things bad enough to the person and the people around him.

And those fanatic christians are just funny. "Yeah, I'm really looking forward to meeting Satan! Do you think he has feathery or leather wings? mrgreen "  

Lacinia

kufufu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:45 pm
"Hell" can't be proven, no one can't say it's real because you need to die to go there and a daed person can't come back to life. Plus "Hell" is a place to scare kids from doing the wrong thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:58 pm
i for one see it as an "iffy" subject...in a way i belive in it and in a way i don't...like night1 said...but i am a christian, even tho i am, i still am not sure..but i see it as a quest...if its real its real if its no its not..we just have to wait and see...i realy don't care...  

Jakk-Arcani

RogueShadowAngel

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:03 pm
Lacinia
Yay, I'm going to Hell to meet all those lovely bishies!

But seriously, I as well think hell as a state of mind. You can save somebody from it, but the final salvation (using those awfully christian terms) is up to you. I would call depression a hell (looking back to my friendships with some people who have experienced it) as well as some other things bad enough to the person and the people around him.

And those fanatic christians are just funny. "Yeah, I'm really looking forward to meeting Satan! Do you think he has feathery or leather wings? mrgreen "
if i said something like that i'd have the whole FCS (fellowship of christian students) on my a** in three seconds flat. they have a radar for that s**t... in my school...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:34 pm
I got told once when I went to a church for a friends birthday,(Don't ask)since I am Jewish they said that anyone who didn't think Jesus is the "masiah" will burn in hell. First of all, Jews do not believe in hell, secound, THEY KNEW THERE WOULD BE PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT RELIGIONS! They shouldn't have done it.  

BlairyFairy

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:40 pm
ToxicxXxTears
I got told once when I went to a church for a friends birthday,(Don't ask)since I am Jewish they said that anyone who didn't think Jesus is the "masiah" will burn in hell. First of all, Jews do not believe in hell, secound, THEY KNEW THERE WOULD BE PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT RELIGIONS! They shouldn't have done it.

0o; That is just plain inconsiderate. Especially considering christianity is a minority religion. There are more budhists in the world than christians. ^^*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:46 pm
My grandmother told me I was going to hell when I was 12, I was never much for being in organized religion. Now for hell, I believe in it, but I don't think it is a place, I believe it is a spiritual thing, that people put themselves in. I think when you die you dream, your life becomes a movie and you are the only one watching it. That in itself is hell to me, watching from afar and not being able to change the mistakes that I can now too plainly see... but who knows, that is just my thoughts.  

WhiteZombieBoy

BlairyFairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:47 pm
lurichan
ToxicxXxTears

0o; That is just plain inconsiderate. Especially considering christianity is a minority religion. There are more budhists in the world than christians. ^^*
It was really hurtful, I went home and told my parents, I usually don't do that, I talked to them about it and overall, I was pissed. I couldn't believe my friends went to a church like that. The people there are like brainwashed, all they know is that religion and that there right and no one else is.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:55 pm
ToxicxXxTears
lurichan
ToxicxXxTears

It was really hurtful, I went home and told my parents, I usually don't do that, I talked to them about it and overall, I was pissed. I couldn't believe my friends went to a church like that. The people there are like brainwashed, all they know is that religion and that there right and no one else is.

I watched a lot of people really struggle in classes like world relgions where they actually had to learn about other people and their thoughts and ideas. I've been open minded for so long, and researching other religions for a while now, so I at least have the general gist of most major religions, and a few less known ones, but sadly a lot of people perfer to be told what to think, and don't think for themselves.

I'm surprised you didn't lodge a complaint against them for doing that at a function that was deemed to be free of denomination.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

BlairyFairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:57 pm
lurichan
ToxicxXxTears
lurichan
ToxicxXxTears

I watched a lot of people really struggle in classes like world relgions where they actually had to learn about other people and their thoughts and ideas. I've been open minded for so long, and researching other religions for a while now, so I at least have the general gist of most major religions, and a few less known ones, but sadly a lot of people perfer to be told what to think, and don't think for themselves.

I'm surprised you didn't lodge a complaint against them for doing that at a function that was deemed to be free of denomination.
I wanted to believe me I really did, but there was really nothing I could do.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:57 pm
no such thing.  

Marko Ragnos

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:59 pm
ToxicxXxTears
I wanted to believe me I really did, but there was really nothing I could do.

I suppose you really couldn't storm out since you were there for your friends sake. Yeowchies, that is a bit of a pickle I suppose. ^^*

Back to the topic of hell. I don't believe I"m going there. I'm sure it exists for the people who want to go there, or feel they deserve to be there, but it's not for me.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff