Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:32 am
User Image

This contest is for infantry, cavalry and anything of that sort! If uncertain about the nature of your entry, feel free to ask.

The contest will run from the 1st until the 29th of May.

Rules
1. Each entry must be accompanied by a piece of paper with your Gaia screen name written on it in handwriting. This is so we know that the model is actually yours and that you are not some creepy robot trying to cash in on our delicious gold.

2. Yes, you may enter more than one entry! How many? There is a limit of two entries per participant. A bit anticlimactic, but we want to keep things fair and open to all.

3. Please try to take pictures that are crisp and clear. I am not asking for top-class production quality pictures, but images that are fuzzy or have unfocused subjects will be hard to judge, if at all.

4. Finished entries can and will be posted in this thread.

5. Legal entries:
- Infantry (Squads, retinues, hordes etc.)
- Infantry characters (HQ's, special characters etc.)
- Bikes
- Cavalry
- Jump Infantry
- Jet Bikes
- Beasts

Prizes
First place: 30,000 gold
Second place: 20,000 gold
Third place: 10,000 gold

If you have any questions feel free to post them here.

ENTRIES

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:48 am
Oh yes! I've been waiting for this one :]. Now just to finish my Fireblade.  

Wodzu

Aged Hunter

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:59 am
I'm going to enter my Seraphim squad and maybe my three command squad pieces. I guess we'll see what happens. I was going to try the Celestine, but I'm still breaking... lol

Maybe I can be talked into it  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:05 am
heh, I think my blood ravens have a shot here. I'll have to pull them out and see which ones look cool enough to enter. I'm thinking either my command squad or the entire biker squad.

do jetpack infantry count, such as the stealthsuits and XV8s? I'd imagine the Riptide's moment came and went since it counts as a monsterous jetpack creature, nevermind I submitted my riptide for the last contest XD  

Pilan

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 am
Pilan
heh, I think my blood ravens have a shot here. I'll have to pull them out and see which ones look cool enough to enter. I'm thinking either my command squad or the entire biker squad.

do jetpack infantry count, such as the stealthsuits and XV8s? I'd imagine the Riptide's moment came and went since it counts as a monsterous jetpack creature, nevermind I submitted my riptide for the last contest XD

Jetpacks fall under Jump Infantry/Fast Attack. My seraphim have jetpacks... so yes, they are applicable. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:33 pm
What about an OC stand in for a special character? also what about chariots? x3  

Henin

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:37 pm
Henin
OC? sweatdrop

I think chariots were for the other contest.  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:30 am
Are we restricted to 40k?
How about Hordes?  

Marcus McFlufferson

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:31 am
Marcus McFlufferson
How about Hordes?
Anything mister fluff. Even obscure stuff like 7TV and DUST. wink  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:34 am
Vikki Keeler
Marcus McFlufferson
How about Hordes?
Anything mister fluff. Even obscure stuff like 7TV and DUST. wink

Aarrrgh! I'm so tempted by DUST.
But not yet. Got a crap load of Trollbloods to finish yet. This competition will give me a reason to finish up another unit.  

Marcus McFlufferson

Pilan

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:54 am
Vikki Keeler
Henin
OC? sweatdrop

OC stand in... an original character is perhaps what he's saying? Don't quite get how that would work  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:03 am
Pilan
Vikki Keeler
Henin
OC? sweatdrop

OC stand in... an original character is perhaps what he's saying? Don't quite get how that would work
Well, if that's the case, sure I guess? Going to have to confer with the other mods on this but I guess as long as the stand in model makes sense and isn't just a random mini being proxied all should be well.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Henin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:00 am
Vikki Keeler
Pilan
Vikki Keeler
Henin
OC? sweatdrop

Well, if that's the case, sure I guess? Going to have to confer with the other mods on this but I guess as long as the stand in model makes sense and isn't just a random mini being proxied all should be well.

Ya Original character lol Its a model I created and made fluff for and stuff I really worked hard on it and really want to put it up for this. I promise it isnt random x3 it has reason and fluff to follow it if needed :3  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:02 am
and I think I know exactly who I'm going to bring into this one. Two command teams, each led by the command element of two of my armies; the Tau Empire and the Blood Ravens Space Marine Chapter. Since both are lead by HQ choices, count as infantry, and count as being in squads when with their command squad or body guard; I think that's legal

The chapter is all ready; might need to check them over to make sure they're in good shape, touch up any issues with them, then use the good camera to photograph them.

For the other, I got a new command class suit for my Shas'O (technically a Shas'el, she needs to pass her trial by fire to achieve Shas'O rank XD) I'm working on cleaning up its parts before assembly. I also still have the old command suit box complete with die cast heads with enough spare parts to assemble the bodyguards, I'll see how I do with those before the end of this contest ^.^;'  

Pilan

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:03 am
Henin
Vikki Keeler
Pilan
Vikki Keeler
Henin
OC? sweatdrop

Ya Original character lol Its a model I created and made fluff for and stuff I really worked hard on it and really want to put it up for this. I promise it isnt random x3 it has reason and fluff to follow it if needed :3
Go for it, amaze and bedazzle us! whee  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces