Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
>< Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Consensual Hysteria

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:38 pm
This one guy was yelling at me for not beileveing in a god. So I got really mad and yelled at him. Now I wish I didn't let him know so much about me sweatdrop

Here's what I sayd yelled:

"God? There is no God, and if I'm wrong how could he just sit back while my brother was rapeing me three years ago? Or while my little cousin was molested by her uncle? What about war? How can such a hire being let us spend trilloins of dollors on bombs while hundreds of children are dying every hour?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:18 pm
OMFG YOU WERE RAPED!!!! awww ~hugs~

The guy that was yelling at you is just a ******** dink  

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

VoodooPantheon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:01 pm
because god (supposedly rolleyes ) is supposed to be a higher being that causes it all. he wants us to learn our lessons and wants what will hapen to happen.

Dont get me wrong, I dont believe on god.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:50 pm
G-Unit~gal

*hugs back* yea, I don't let that many people know thow

~Blood: I know, my friend believes that. I get mad at him when he tells me that, for ovius reasons.  

Consensual Hysteria

VoodooPantheon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:56 pm
dementdbitch
G-Unit~gal

~Blood: I know, my friend believes that. I get mad at him when he tells me that, for ovius reasons.
yeah, I cant stand it when people cant stand to listen to other peoples opinions...Im just knowledgable on a religous subject that im not part of...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:26 pm
~Blood[RED]oceaN~
dementdbitch
G-Unit~gal

yeah, I cant stand it when people cant stand to listen to other peoples opinions...Im just knowledgable on a religous subject that im not part of...
same here, when i was wiccan my aunt had me study other believes  

Consensual Hysteria

Layra-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:02 pm
The only way to reconcile the idea of God with reality is to abandon the normal standpoint of "good things happen to good people" and to embrace an ideology that is both illogical and counterintuitive, that by causing suffering God is attempting to make you a better person. This is, of course, the completely wrong way to teach things, and in fact conditions in the wrong direction.
While this idea does provide comfort to some, in that they feel that their suffering is part of a higher plan, it really is no consolation and is impossible to convince a non-believer of its value.
In the principle example of this situation, the book of Job, the dilemma is resolved by God coming down and yelling at Job until Job submits. Not very promising nor reassuring.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:51 am
Well if we judge because of peoples religious beliefs or non beliefs then it would be like having a world full of Hilters bt without the power. So if you don't like what someone says and they don't like what you say. Tough s**t to both of you. No offense.  

Cloud0.0Strife

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:53 am
And I'm sorry to hear that.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:28 am
while i feel your pain (my entire family attempts to convert me) i see that we are just as blind... While we complain about what the "religious nuts" do, we do the same... Typically, from what i have seen, athiests are just as offensive and defensive in regards to their ideas as others...  

agrab0ekim

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:36 am
agrab0ekim
while i feel your pain (my entire family attempts to convert me) i see that we are just as blind... While we complain about what the "religious nuts" do, we do the same... Typically, from what i have seen, athiests are just as offensive and defensive in regards to their ideas as others...

You have a good point. But with me I don't care about peoples beliefs unless by saying something I will offend them. I know someone who doesn't believe in god someone who does and I know a pagen but I'm still friends with those people.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:47 am
agrab0ekim

Do you mean with forcing our views on other people?  

Starcrozz

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:20 pm
Starcrozz
agrab0ekim

no, i mean that we are just as diehard that we are the correct entities... that argument showed it... there is no proof either way, and we are dogmatic in our views just as much  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:00 pm
agrab0ekim
Starcrozz
agrab0ekim

no, i mean that we are just as diehard that we are the correct entities... that argument showed it... there is no proof either way, and we are dogmatic in our views just as much

Well yes, we would be just as sure...

But I don't go about trying to convert people. I can't stand the religious freaks that yell at us all the time, telling us we'll go to hell or some crap like that. In this respect I consider myself (and many other atheists I know) to be unlike the religious buffs. For sure, there are those that don't try and convert... But I've never heard an atheist, upon hearing someone say that they're christian or whatnot, suddenly start rambling about there not being a god.

I've argued that there wasn't before, but only when the other person started it.  

Psycho_Katie

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:17 am
Psycho_Katie
agrab0ekim
Starcrozz
agrab0ekim

Well yes, we would be just as sure...

But I don't go about trying to convert people. I can't stand the religious freaks that yell at us all the time, telling us we'll go to hell or some crap like that. In this respect I consider myself (and many other atheists I know) to be unlike the religious buffs. For sure, there are those that don't try and convert... But I've never heard an atheist, upon hearing someone say that they're christian or whatnot, suddenly start rambling about there not being a god.
I've argued that there wasn't before, but only when the other person started it.
ME neither, but I only know one other athiest. In fact, all my friends except one (well, everyone that I'm sure about) believes in god.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff