Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
Long Distance relationship. - Seeking advice.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I - Ocean Eyes - I

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:46 pm
Well, Hiya pretty ladies!c:
I would like some help/information.
I've been in a long distance relationship for about 5 years now.
It's quite amazing how I've made it this long without seeing my boyfriend face to face. But, it's about time to actually start planning to meet him.
My boyfriend and I were little middleschool lovers. We actually met on gaia back in 08. We started out as best buds.. then boom. We were in love.
I'm in New York... while he's in California.
we're both starting to get quite depressed about this distance in between us. It's starting to get to us both.. the not being able to be with each other physically.. even though our love is such a strong bond as it is.
5 years is a long time, but it hurts more than people actually think.
I was wondering if any of you girls have some tips and advice on how I can meet my love. I know people will say.. "buy a ticket" But, I know there's more to it than that.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:18 pm
first of all, CONGRATULATIONS. OMFG. CONGRATS.

okay, my boyfriend and i are in a long distance relationship as well, babe. he's in virginia and i am in california c: it is seriously the biggest challenged i have face in my seventeen years of life: loving someone whom you have never seen in real life before, but it is possible. i love him a lot and we have been friends since 2O11, and feels changed and tadaaaa love happened.

anyway, buy a ticket is literally the best option out there if you want to meet him. i can't think of anything else. my boyfriend is driving to california this summer. i can't wait c:

there is really nothing more than just go out and meet one another. let's get things straight, i am not going to sugarcoat anything for you, and i don't understand why you are looking for another way to meet him. if you want to meet him, then do so! five years is a long time for waiting, just find a means of transportation and meet one another!

seriously, there is no other way unless you guys can communicate through dreams, then just go to him or him to you!  

hoenest

Darling

I - Ocean Eyes - I

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:41 pm
tanqela

okay, my boyfriend and i are in a long distance relationship as well, babe. he's in virginia and i am in california c: it is seriously the biggest challenged i have face in my seventeen years of life: loving someone whom you have never seen in real life before, but it is possible. i love him a lot and we have been friends since 2O11, and feels changed and tadaaaa love happened.

anyway, buy a ticket is literally the best option out there if you want to meet him. i can't think of anything else. my boyfriend is driving to california this summer. i can't wait c:

there is really nothing more than just go out and meet one another. let's get things straight, i am not going to sugarcoat anything for you, and i don't understand why you are looking for another way to meet him. if you want to meet him, then do so! five years is a long time for waiting, just find a means of transportation and meet one another!

seriously, there is no other way unless you guys can communicate through dreams, then just go to him or him to you!

Thank you.♥ c: SCREW IT! I'm just going to buy this darn ticket! XD  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:45 pm
I - Ocean Eyes - I
tanqela

Thank you.♥ c: SCREW IT! I'm just going to buy this darn ticket! XD

good girl! that is literally the only way you are going to be able to see him c:  

hoenest

Darling

Lady Silly Goose

Beloved Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:03 pm
I - Ocean Eyes - I

Literally halfway across the world romance:

I met my boyfriend via gaia. I lived in California at first and moved back to Minnesota. After nearly half a year (maybe a bit longer) of a lot of hardship and both of us trying to deal with we couldn't be there physically for eachother, we both took the leap of faith. He paid for the ticket (I repaid half of it when I got here--though he refuses to let me repay the full ticket.)

I flew literally halfway across the world (to Australia) for this chance of true love. That was back in Feb, now we are kinda playing the waiting game with visa stuff because neither of us have the intention of me leaving any time soon.

The best advice I can give:

If you don't go for it, you'll spend the rest of your life wondering. Also if you go, take precautions.. Even though you spent a long time talking, he might not be exactly what you were expecting. Meet in a public place first.

Other than that, I hope it works out for you like it did for me. heart  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff