Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
Shakespeare plays... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arianna Lithenbourne

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:58 pm

^^
Popped back into my mind the other day, talking to my friend on th' phone, but what about theoretical pairings in Shakespeare plays?
The one I remembered was Mercutio/Romeo, but lookin' around I found a few pictures of Tybalt/Mercutio, which I think I like better. ^^

I mean, there are so many possibilities, no?

I suddenly want to draw some of them...
*sheepish grin*

Um...yeah.
I'll shush now. ^___^"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:23 pm
Actually, in Renaissance times, the men would traditionally play all the roles ^^ So, Romeo and Juliet were guys! :0  

Pax et lux

Diglett Girl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:46 pm
I knew someone would bring up the fact that in the Elizabethean theatre, all the roles were played by males... That's because they thought women too inferior to let them onto the stage. >.>

::Cough.: biggrin amnResearchPaperonFeminism.::Cough.::

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:21 pm

^^
Actually, I already knew that, being an actor myself who has studied the history of acting in both my english and acting classes.

I kinda meant it more as the story rather than how it was actually acted.

Arianna Lithenbourne

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:33 am
After reading Hamlet for the millionth time, I wrote a small ficlet about Hamlet and Horatio. And I think Rosencrantz and Guildenstern were probably up to something as well...besides trying to betray Hamlet that is sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:39 pm
Hmm, I've unintentionally slashed Mercutio with Benvolio. xp Damn imagination.  

Pwndd

Tsunami!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:20 pm
Iago and Othello. Love turned to hate thing. My Shakespeare teacher actually said it, and now I can't read the play without lot's of "I see it!" moments.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:32 am

Actually, my teacher brought up the fact that many suggest Iago and Othello pairing too. ^^
My fellow students, of course, went all giggly and 'ewwww'y.
I was disappointed becuase I'd wanted to bring up that possibility.
^^

Arianna Lithenbourne

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Ko-wala

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:09 pm
Lysander and Dmetrius (I cannot spell today. xP) from AMND?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:27 pm
There was something going on between Hamlet and Horatio. I mean, c'mon! It was so obvious! xd

You know, many people speculate that Shakespeare was gay. There's quite a bit of subtle references to sex, both gay and straight, in his plays.  

I Used To Be Bunny Luv

lupine_ragdoll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:42 pm
I think The Twelfth Night hints at slash, particularly with how close Orsino and "Cesario" become. Of course I can't help but pair up characters in that play anyway (as long as there are male characters there, it's almost a reflex for me to slash them razz ), such as Sebastien and Antonio. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:16 am
[Bunny Luv]
You know, many people speculate that Shakespeare was gay. There's quite a bit of subtle references to sex, both gay and straight, in his plays.

There is a biography out called "The Players", I've forgotten the author sweatdrop But I read it and it was wonderful. It deals with his affair with both a woman and a man and, though not very explicit, it is very intense. I really reccommend seeking it out 3nodding  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Kauhia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:28 pm
Oscar Wilde wrote quite an impressive story about the Poet. I think. Wait, yes. "The portrait of mr W.H." It was so much fun.

Though I fear I won't be reading much Shakespeare until I get through all of my Wilde and Kafka XD I'm so ashamed. 20 years on this globe and I've read, what, Hamlet and Macbeth..? Romeo and Juliet in finnish, so that doesn't count.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:54 pm
I read a very good thing on some website... maybe it was FictionPress, set in Shakespeare's day, about two boys who played Romeo and Juliet and fell on love off-stage because of it. Aw.

My two favourite couples are Hamlet and Horatio & Macbeth and Banquo. The second is just because I read this awesome fanfic with those two... It was just sogood. Ha.

Artie Ficial

Pwndd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:41 pm
Artie Ficial
I read a very good thing on some website... maybe it was FictionPress, set in Shakespeare's day, about two boys who played Romeo and Juliet and fell on love off-stage because of it. Aw.

My two favourite couples are Hamlet and Horatio & Macbeth and Banquo. The second is just because I read this awesome fanfic with those two... It was just sogood. Ha.

Hmm... I never tried pairing up Macbeth and Banquo, though I can see what you mean. whee Those two would be good... if Banquo was a tad younger.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games