Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 03. ✿ - - - Role Playing
Zerlandar Academy: Art School Ropleplay (Accepting!!!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Join my roleplay?
  :D Yes!
  :D Gold!
View Results

WitchBabyWiggBat

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:15 pm
The Zerlandar Academy is a prestigious art school that is very exclusive in its recruiting of students. YOU, Gaia user, have it much easier than an actual student would. Rather than completing tons of exams and filling out a bunch of papers, all that you need to do is fill out a skellie! If you are literate (no text-talk, proper conventions at least 75% of the time, and no super-short posts) then you're sure to get in! Please follow Gaia's TOS or else your character might suddenly be expelled from his or her classes. Here is the skellie for freshmen:

Name:
Dislikes:
Strengths:
Weaknesses: (there is always something.)
Quick Bio:
Picture:

As for upperclassmen, it's the same thing, but I would also like you to add how many years the student has been attending Zerlandar Academy.

Here are the staff characters so far!
*Headmaster Zerlandar: The headmaster of Zerlandar Academy, direct descendant of the school's first owner. He is in his mid-thirties. OPEN
*Prof. Lizotte: Stephanie Lizotte is the newest teacher at the school. She is just out of college and teaches the beginning photography class. She is also very, very pretty. Right, I'll take Lizotte for storyline purposes. But come on, yo! We need these teachers to be snatched up!
*Prof. Michaud: Alex Michaud, who studied for years as a pastry chef, teaches one of the cooking courses-- his class is specialized for dessert cooking. OPEN
*Prof. Cyr: Noémie Cyr teaches a watercolor class. She is tough and fierce, and a little heavyset. Despite her tough outward appearance, she is also very maternal and tends to favor shyer students. OPEN
(I may add in others later, depending on how many people want to join. The roleplay will begin when we have five characters.)

One last thing: NO godmodding.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Name: Rain Deveaux
Likes: Impressionism, oil paints, pastels, collages, Indian food, Mexican food, Italian food, Japanese food... and food from everywhere else in the world, too. French cuisine, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Thai, EVERYTHING. And cakes! His favorite kinds of cakes are cheesecake, carrot cake, and red velvet cake. Rain also loves sipping sodas from crazy swirly straws.
Dislikes: Horror films, lightning, sports of all kinds (except for dance, which is more of an art but sometimes considered a sport for whatever reason), and really loud people.
Strengths: Painting and interior design.
Weaknesses: Math, Science, anything, anything involving numbers or athletic ability-- including dance, even though he thinks it's a lovely art form-- acting, and cooking. (He burns everything.)
Quick Bio: Rain grew up in Montreal, Canada, with two younger brothers and a single mother. His mother often took Rain to art showings and galleries when he was younger, and his father was a painter who passed away when Rain was three. Once Rain's brothers were born and his father was gone, Rain tried to help his mother as much as he could, but she encouraged him to paint, since he was so interested. After years of practice, he won a scholarship for the Zerlandar Academy with his talent. Now that he is enrolled in the Academy, he checks back home every so often to make sure that his brothers are supporting his mother. Rain truly is a "mama's boy."
Pic: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

WitchBabyWiggBat

Fashionable Gekko

WitchBabyWiggBat

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:18 pm
Name: Kyung Mi
Likes: Photography, graphic design, kimchi, noodles, spicy food, scary movies, chicken, and thunderstorms.
Dislikes: Soda, peanut butter, "yo mama" jokes, and romantic comedies.
Strengths: Speed-reading, photography, graphic design, and sewing.
Weaknesses: Cooking, singing, and drawing.
Quick Bio: Kyung Mi was born in South Korea, but her family moved to New York when she was twelve. She suddenly had to learn English and she missed her friends terribly, but they stay in touch. She flies back home during the holidays to visit her grandmother and her friends. She still isn't very good with English, but she can speak enough to communicate her needs. Her father can only speak very limited English, and her mother can't speak any at all-- her father works as a graphic designer while her mother is a stay-at-home mom who looks after Kyun Mi's two younger siblings: Bae, a boy of five, and Eun Sun, a girl of six.
Pic: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:20 pm
Name: Aaron Ledding
Likes: painting, sketching, hard candies, autumn, coffee, pizza, comedy movies, taking his younger sister to the park, dying his hair(it changes color every month)
Dislikes: art blocks, running out of supplies, sour things, sudden loud sounds, arguments, classical music
Strengths: painting, sketching, cooking,
Weaknesses: photography, computers, anything athletic
Quick Bio: Coming from a well off family, Aaron spent his life in uptown New York with a single father who was more preoccupied with his job. Due to that, Aaron was raised mostly by hired help and himself. When he was 11 his father re-married to a woman and they soon had a daughter, Katelyn, now 7, who Aaron has become very close and attached to. Even while at school he makes sure he has time to see her or talk to her over the phone every weekend. Her mother divorced their father when she was 4 but let the man have custody of her and Aaron took it upon himself to take care of her. Because they weren't close when he was young, Aaron and his father barely talk and seem to have little in common, making things awkward when he goes home for any amount of time. He hopes that this changes in the future but knows that it's unlikely after so long.
Picture: User Image  

StrayKit

WitchBabyWiggBat

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:40 pm
Waiting for two more characterssssssssssssssssss...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:18 pm
Will join, just let me get to a cpu to do the skelly, which might not be until tomorrow
But expect either a shy orphan girl or an in-your-face girl
Gonna do the former, most likely  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

WitchBabyWiggBat

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:52 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Will join, just let me get to a cpu to do the skelly, which might not be until tomorrow
But expect either a shy orphan girl or an in-your-face girl
Gonna do the former, most likely

Coolio, yo! We're starting when we either get one more or when the 20th rolls around, whichever comes first.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:37 pm
changed my mind on the character
Updated, since I don't seem to be following Ko-chan's weakness very well. Lol, klutz to hyper
And I had their nicknames backwards

Name: Ayako
Likes: painting, Bozu (Masahiko), drawing, singing (she's terrible)
Dislikes: her big ol' paintbrush being taken from her, especially when she needs to paint big areas
Strengths: painting!
Weaknesses: bit of a short temper, definitely more hyper
Quick Bio: Ayako was always interested in art, and considering the fact that her home village gets quite literally painted over nightly, it comes as no surprise.
Picture:
User Image

Name: Masahiko
Likes: cookies! manga, anime, his oversized paintbrush/walking stick, Ko-chan (Ayako)
Dislikes: anything that requires use of both eyes, people pointing out that he's half-blind
Strengths: he is coordinated for a person who can't see the best
Weaknesses: he's blind in his right eye, so he will misjudge the distance of things, and walk into things, especially when he's not being careful
Quick Bio: Blind eye's Ayako's fault, though it was accidental
Picture:
User Image

On both:
they're being used in a RP guild elsewhere, but this journal entry (she's my second account, i have three total) gives more detail. there's stuff in it that's geared to said guild, so not all of it is applicable here
i drew both a while ago~  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

WitchBabyWiggBat

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:37 pm
Okay, I guess we have the starting number that I wanted to go for; does anyone want to take a teacher's role? They are listed in the first post.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:41 pm
Well, if you want a teacher role, send me a pm and I'll give it to you, okay? So I guess we can begin!  

WitchBabyWiggBat

Fashionable Gekko

WitchBabyWiggBat

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:09 pm
(Actually, I'm gonna throw in one more character if y'all don't mind, then we can begin fo realz!)
Name: Guadalupe (Lupita) Paez
Likes: Tamales, cooking, cars, photorealism, pencil sketching, cartooning, rock&roll, and climbing trees.
Dislikes: Makeup, girls who are fussy about appearance, American food, and sweets.
Bio: Lupita is the youngest of three, with two older brothers and a single mother. Her mother grew up in Chile, but immigrated to Los Angeles, CA when she was pregnant with her first child. Lupita's mother was able to immigrate successfully, but her father was turned down. He urged her to go on without him, however, for monetary reasons. From the time Lupita was three, she helped her mother make and sell food, and she often drew with sidewalk chalk when her mother was out cleaning houses. Her brothers worked a number of odd jobs, and they barely scrounged together enough money to live in a small apartment. Lupita was often on the streets as a child, hiding her poverty from her friends at school. Through her school, she was able to enter many art competitions and her drawings won appraise. She switched back and forth between photorealism and cartooning, playing with both styles in a way that brought awareness to the homeless community in California. She has sold some of her work and all of the money goes to helping her mother, who encouraged her to attend Zerlandar Academy because, as her family told her, "she had earned it."
Strengths: Good at fighting, drawing, and she is also extremely intelligent and studious. She is actually very good at socializing, but mainly focuses her attention on people that seem to be shy. Her brothers tease her about "adopting strays," and she does have a habit of taking socially awkward, homeless, and "strange" people under her wing.
Weaknesses: She has a bit of a quick temper and is also a little oblivious, often coming across as rude or brusque. However, when she is being outgoing, she can come across as condescending and insensitive, when she is not actually so in any way.
Years at Zerlandar: 3 (she's a junior)
Picture: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:36 pm
Rain Deveaux pushed his dark brown hair from his face as he surveyed the magnificent school before him. "So this is Zerlandar Academy," he mumbled to himself. He reached into his green, slouchy cotton book bag and gingerly pulled out a pamphlet with two fingers. The castle-like building in front of Rain matched the building on the cover of the pamphlet, though the actual scene did not have a bunch of enthusiastic quotes about how enjoyable and thorough the artistic education was and such. Rain glanced over his shoulder, seeing a tree not too far away. Since the day was hot, and he was an hour early for the orientation, Rain decided to sit beneath the tree. The grass tickled his hands as he eased himself to the ground, and he was glad that the boy's uniform included long pants, since he had a mild grass allergy and wouldn't want to make a first impression on his teachers with his legs covered in itchy hives. Rain wrinkled his nose at the thought and wiped his hands on his thin sweater vest. The uniform was a little warm, though, considering the weather. Rain had been grateful that his uniform had been shipped to his home, since then he wouldn't have to worry about what to wear to orientation, but he did wish that it was a bit more suited for the balmy weather. Rain frowned down at the pamphlet in his hand, having forgotten that it was there. He shook his head and tucked it back into his book bag, releasing a small, short laugh. A leaf dropped from the tree above him onto his head.
"Hey, bro! ¡Cuidado!" came an accented voice from above. Rain jumped and brushed the leaf from his hair, turning quickly to look up into the tree's branches. He squinted at the sun filtering through and was able to focus on a feminine shape perched lazily in the tree.
"Sorry, sorry!" Rain called, flustered. He brushed bits of grass from his pants, and then reached up his hand towards the girl in the tree. "I'm Rain Deveaux." The girl gestured for Rain to move aside and he did so, allowing the girl some room to hop to the ground from the tree. Now that he could see her more clearly, he saw that she was also wearing a Zerlandar uniform, although her blouse was short-sleeved and her skirt was a light blue instead of maroon like Rain's slacks. She also was not wearing a sweater vest, but Rain supposed that it might have something to do with her disregard to the correct way to wear the uniform, for her blouse was fully unbuttoned, revealing a white tank top underneath. She had a black backpack slung over one shoulder, a ratty piece with patches hastily sewn on in places and holes left unattended in others. Her eyes were dark brown and her skin was tan, and her features were clearly Hispanic, Rain observed. The girl eyed Rain up and down and laughed, hoisting the strap of her backpack higher onto her shoulder.
"Eyy, boy, whatcha wearin' the winter uniform for?" she scoffed, a mischevious grin on her perfectly shaped lips. Rain blushed upon his realization that he was in the presence of a frighteningly attractive girl, but then blushed even deeper when he actually heard what she was saying.
"Th-the winter uniform?" he stammered, devastated. The girl smirked and held out her hand.
"I'm Lupita," she said.  

WitchBabyWiggBat

Fashionable Gekko

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:04 pm
((woot! Retz par-tay!
Btw, since they're Japanese, they'll speak their native tongue a lot. I'll just auto-translate by having their Japanese posts in the {} brackets, since I know very little...
to self: baka baka baka...))
"{Cool, a new school to paint!}" Ayako said, bouncing off the bus, oversized paintbrush resting on her shoulders, only one arm holding it there. "{Whaddya think, Ko-chan?}" she hadn't bothered to put on the school uniform on yet, and was instead in her usual outfit, which was clearly designed for painting.
Her friend got off the bus slowly, one of the few times that his being half-blind was evident. "{I hate stairs...}" Masahiko muttered. He, too, wore his normal painting outfit instead of the school uniform. He examined the school, his oversized paintbrush planted firmly into the ground, a hand wrapping around it. "{I think we should practice our English, though, since we're not at home anymore.}"
Ayako snorted. "{Maybe if anyone talks to us.}" he whipped her staff around and held it like a staff. "{C'mon, we've been unable to do this for weeks! Let's spar!}"
He sighed. "{Fine...}" he swung his up, his good eye on his lifelong friend. It wasn't long until the two were sparring, their brushes a blur in the air, the klacking of bamboo on bamboo coming at a steady pace.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:39 pm
Rain blinked at Lupita, perplexed. Behind her, a bus pulled up and students began spilling from the dark blue bus. He caught sight of some rather unusual sights, wondering if all of those people could be here for the orientation? He snapped himself from his thoughts and enthusiastically shook Lupita's hand, his face flushed from nervous excitement. "N-nice to meet you! But what were you saying about a winter unif--"
"I guess you'll be fine," Lupita waved her hand, cutting him off. She grinned and began buttoning up her blouse, somehow transferring a hair tie from her wrist to between her teeth in the process. Rain stared, transfixed. Girls were strange creatures, he thought. Lupita, having finished buttoning her blouse, held out her hair tie. "Wanna braid my hair for me? I'm not a fan of doing much with my hair, but I have to look presentable since I'm a mentor for the incoming freshmen today." Rain frowned, but the hair tie was already in his hands and Lupita was already turned away from him. Rain furrowed his brow and began to braid Lupita's hair, wondering why he knew how to do such a thing. He assumed it was from watching other girls in his class, perhaps?

Meanwhile, a young Korean girl was getting off of the bus, holding her camera up to her face. She smiled and let out a nervous breath, enjoying the window of vibrant colors visible through her viewfinder... until a large, rounded piece of wood swung towards her face. Kyung Mi flinched and ducked, crouching on the ground. She let out a small shout of indignation, terrified at the idea of anything smashing her precious camera. She straightened and caught sight of two people carrying... oversized paintbrushes? "이게 대체 뭡니까?" ("what the hell?") Kyung Mi ran forward and grabbed the girl with the paintbrush's shoulder, at the same time very confused by the girl's-- and her friend's-- attire. "Hey! You almost hit camera!" she cried, wishing that her English were better so she could more easily communicate her panic and quickly rising anger. She took a deep breath and glared into the girl's face, reminding herself that it wasn't a good idea to get into a fight at orientation.  

WitchBabyWiggBat

Fashionable Gekko

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:43 am
When her shoulder was grabbed, Ayako almost predictably fell. Masahiko sighed and gently nudged the Korean girl with the tip of his brush, making sure to use the soft bristles. "Then watch {where you're} going." he said softly. He pulled the brush back, flipped it, then offered it to Ayako, who took it and used it to haul herself up. "Be...safe." he said, meaning to say careful but forgetting the word.
"Ko-chaaaaaannnnnnn!" Ayako squeezed him into a tight hug near his head, forcing him to close his good eye.
"Bozu, off, off!" he squeaked, shuffling toward the main building. "{I can't see!}"
Ayako let go quickly and bowed slightly. "Sawwy! {I forget about it a lot.}"
He sighed. "{You did it to me, dummy.}"
She growled, swinging her brush. "No, baka!" She cried, nearly hitting him. The two started sparring again, this time the brushes swinging faster, and a bit farther from the bus.
((in this case, baka is idiot. Baka's one of those fun words where the meaning can change.))  
03. ✿ - - - Role Playing

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff