The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Have been thinking about getting into Table top 40K

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I an idiot for asking this question here?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

Ser Candy Mint

7,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:53 pm
The title tells it I just simply don't even know where to start. What's the best starter army? What do I need? It's a little scary and overwhelming in a way. It's not that I don't know anything about it. I have DoW 1/2 (ALL of it) had Space Marine and have spent countless hours just scrolling through the Lexicanum Wiki. It's just a big task, so please any help or advice would be highly appreciated.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 am
Hi there, we have two threads that tackle this sort of discussion, just don't mind the cobwebs and the dust! sweatdrop

First up we have Good 40k army to start with, which is ideal for new players looking into their first army. There is also choosing a new army which was originally made by someone looking for a new army to run alongside other armies, but still contains a few informative gems.

Other than that, here's what I always tell new people: If new to the game, give the starter set a try, which contains two complete armies, a small format rulebook with all the rules from the big book and a booklet on how to quickly get cracking with your new minis.

If you do not like Chaos or Space Marines, you could always pop on over to Games Workshop and take a gander at all the armies on display there. A popular starter choice are the Space Marines, offering good choices for both beginner and veteran alike. There is no best starter army, if you are looking more into the meta and the power of an army, I can't really help you there.

That said, assuming direct control of this thread, locking down.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:15 am
Second Mod Input:

Never be afraid to post in an old thread. Whip up old discussions if you have things to contribute. Thriving community and such.

End of line.  
Guild Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff