Phantom of the Barricades

Anxious Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:02 pm
My poetry/stories thread!

Okay, first one:

—-
A LIGHT IN THE DARK
—-

I don’t know what happened to me before, nor do I know what will become of me after. All I know is that these hundreds of candles, all lit around me is keeping me safe from any harm that lurks about, for beyond the candlelight I see darkness. Darkness seems to be all that there is beyond the confines of my candlelit haven. Every time my eyes lay upon the darkness behind these lights, I’d always feel uneasy.

It’s not the darkness itself that vexes me, there is darkness when I close my eyes, but it’s not the same as the darkness beyond these candles. I could control what I see in the darkness when my eyes are closed, but the darkness when I open my eyes is beyond me.

But as long as these candles are alight, I will be safe.

The darkness won’t come near me.

Whatever the darkness holds won’t hurt me.

The light of these candles will keep them at bay.

The light of these candles will—

A light went out.

And another one.

Another one did too.

One by one, the candles around me went out at random. The candles that remained lit around me were few and the darkness drew closer to me than ever before. From farther away I could see a cluster of candles still alight, by instinct of course I tried to run to where they were, but they every time I thought I’ve gotten close they’d somehow remain far away. Nevertheless I kept chasing after it until I was stopped by the shackles that appeared out of nowhere and were tightened around my arms and legs and ultimately bound me back to where I was before.

There were only five or six candles left, I wasn’t sure; I couldn’t be bothered counting them knowing that darkness will soon take over and I just know that whatever was in it was bound to get me.

I just sat there, alarmingly shaking.

And then a candle went out.

And another.

A couple more.

And then finally, the last candle went out.

I closed my eyes, yielding to whatever my fate was to be.

Nothing seemed to happen.

Nervously, I took a peek to see what was going on, and then there it was.

I saw the last candle die out, but there it was, one candle remain alight. I moved closer towards the candle and the closer I get the brighter it glows. I reached out for it and the light grew even brighter, so I took it from its place. The uneasiness of the darkness that surrounds me grew weak, and the shackles that bind me loosened. The wax that dripped from the candle prickled my hand but I didn’t mind, its light was the only thing that could save me right now.

You saved me.

Please, don’t go out.

—-

Well? How was it? biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:38 am
That was so beautiful, got tears brimming my eyes. ; 3; I enjoyed it very much! emotion_kirakira  

xKiklala

11. ✿ - - - Poems And Writing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff