Wait a while...
  Meh... men are stupid.
View Results

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm
User Image User Image

I dunno, but I believe that girls should never make the first move. My biology teacher once said to us, "Sperms are the ones who go looking for the egg cell. That's why women should never go after a man."
      It's like, it's their duty to do the actual courting and stuff. If he's to stupid to make the first move, then I guess the most that we can do is to give him an opening. But still, to me that's kind of un-womanly. If he's too "shy" to make the first move, then you don't deserve him.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:32 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No offense but what that teacher said is dumb. It is no one's duty to do something first based on their gender. She just sounds old fashioned. I don't think it matters who makes the first move as long as you feel the timing is right and are prepared for rejection as well as seeing to it that little to nothing changes drastically like friendship suddenly becoming weird because of a confession and such.

I don't see how it is "un woman" like to make the first move. It does take two to tango. If you feel a guy has to make the first move then I guess he might as well put double the effort into the relationship if it ever does happen. Should always call you first, always make the plans and always does the movement in sex, cook, clean, so and so. And hey while he;s at it, he can go make the money and just him alone because it is his duty as a male right?

Sorry I just........I don't......well anyways yeah that's just my opinion. redface

/rant.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm
Well, I am old fashioned. If I'm dating a
man, be a man-- come get me. I'm really tired of "shy boys". More like
p***y boys
. Ugh.

I like gender roles-- for the most part. I don't want a man to be the woman and
expect me to take control, I'll do that for a lesbian relationship, not a hetero one. =.=;

I dunno about it being un-womanly, some women like that kind of thing.

~Also kind of ranted~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:24 am
In my opinion, a guy should make the first move. If I were in a relationship with a man, that's what I'd prefer although I do like the shy types. >w< I don't like making the first move, even if I were with a girl.

I guess I'm the shy one~~

xKiklala

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:58 pm
I don't believe a guy has to make the first move. In a day and age where women in a lot of western nations are out being the breadwinners, it seems like an outdated concept.

If you want to meet new people, introduce yourself. Not many people will know you're there if you sit on the sidelines and just look pretty hoping a knight in shining armor will come sweeping you off your feet. Doing that also works under the assumption that the other person is outgoing enough to make the first move to begin with.

The logic of that biology teacher blows my mind. Sperm and eggs aren't exactly self-aware.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:25 pm
i'm sorry but that sperm and egg cell argument is the funniest thing i've heard in a while. bro i think there's a difference between making a conscious decision to do something and biological compulsion.

but anyway, no, i don't believe the guy is required to make the first move in a relationship, and it still sort of boggles my mind that people are still stuck in that mindset??? like wow, so if a man is "shy" that makes him less of a man when compared to one who isn't? or if a woman gets in there and goes after what she wants instead of just sitting idly by, twiddling her thumbs and hoping for things to happen, it makes her less of a woman? i really just don't see the logic behind that.

there is a lot more to a person than how readily they are able to ask someone out.

flangella

Wheezing Sex Symbol

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:14 pm
I almost always make the first move. I see nothing wrong with females making the first move, and men not doing it. To me, having males make the first move is like suggesting that we live in a world where men are superior.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:48 pm
I would personally never make the first move on the guy. I don't want to seem desperate. Plus, I'm a shy person. But mainly I feel like a girl shouldn't make the first move because she will be seen as desperate.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:03 pm
I think that girls should make the first move if they want to show that they're confident.
That shows the guy to not underestimate a girl's strength. (But the a girl's first move shouldn't be pushy or look desperate...)
It shows that you're open to meeting new people, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 am

I disagree with your opinion, however, I do like what your teacher said, it is creative. Lol.
I am a very fair and equal kind of person, I do not feel one thing is more womanly or one thing is more manly. Yes, my mind does think "Oh clothes shopping? Girl thing", type of thing, but that doesn't mean that the girl should do that. Those are just media stereotypes and the such that pried into my brain and corrupted it. xD

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

Dark_Fairy_20

Invisible Fairy

12,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:31 am
they don't have to but i believe it's perfectly acceptable because guys can be just as shy to make the first move.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:32 pm
I believe that whoever feels like they want to make a move should make a move. Male or female, doesn't matter which, just be prepared for rejection or approval. Just be able to take no as an answer as well as be serious when you're making your move.

Personally, I make the first move 75% of the time.  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

the little madeleine girl

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:47 pm

I think girls should NEVER make the first move. The guy should do that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:34 am
I prefer gentleman. So of course I prefer men that make the first move. What we have to do is make sure he is aware of the signs that we are interested in him. That's common sense. Most men need a bit to work up their courage. Now I have made the first move a couple of times and honestly it wasn't worth it.

Plus usually boys are the ones who are too shy to mutter the first Hi. Not real men. So I agree men should do the first move. But in this world with so many women running around trying to be equal to men. I understand their preference of making the first move and although I'm sure the men like it I prefer the other way around.  

Natalia Pessoa

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 pm
Call me old fashioned but I think if a guy won't make the first move then he either doesn't like you all that much, or lacks confidence.
Both of which I want in a guy. (I said confidant not cocky)

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff