Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Eerie Queerie] Anyone read Eerie Queerie? o_O Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well have you?
  Read/seen aaall of it! ^^
  Read/seen a bit of it
  I've heeeaard of it...
  o_O Eerie... Queerie... Never heard of it.
  It's crap. xP
View Results

Ko-wala

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:47 pm
My first post here, I thought it might as well be on topic. xD (By the way, I'm Crying. ^^)

I got the manga Eerie Queerie (first book) a few weeks ago, and I, personally, think it's quite good. As far as I can tell from the first book, it's bordering more on shounen ai than yaoi. The funny thing is that is has three guys on the cover, two guys slightly more intimate on the back, the name doesn't help and the blurb practically says it's a gay manga... Yet I managed to ask my mum if she could buy it for me (she had my money to make sure I didn't go spend it all on manga/anime. T-T) without her noticeing! o_O

Also managed to buy two volumes of Gravitation off of amazon.co.uk without her noticeing. And many older teen manga books, even though I'm only not actually an 'older teen' yet! xD

But back on topic. Anyone read/heard of/seen (if it's a manga) it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:09 am
I own all four of them. I didn't care for the over-all plot, it was kinda empty but I really did like most of the characters and their interactions with each other.  

Syntria
Crew

Yofiel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:46 am
I really want to read Eerie Queerie, it looks good, but I havent managed to find it yet ;_; alas...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:48 am
I have the whole set sitting on my bookshelf. As Boy Love series goes, it's really just a soft core fluffy romp with kisses and cuteness. It's a good toe dip into the fandom, but it really is only a very innocent tip of the iceburg as far as the genre goes.

Similar light titles with supernatural and boy love would be Beyond My Touch, Tokyo Babylon and Hands Off! ^_^  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:59 am
my friend missa had me read it once and it was pretty good, im not really into shota tho.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:43 am
Fluffy, the art, story, and whole thing is fluffy!  

Bloodyblade666

Blackrose451

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:27 pm
I loved it the first time but the second time I reread it just didn't stick with me. I like it its good just not much of a plot going on really  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:41 pm
my friend has all 4,i don't own much manga but i do steal from her collection every once and a while cuz it lives in my band locker. so anywayz the plot doesn't have muh to it ,sadly.the art's ok(but not the greatest i've seen)and i still don't get how hasunuma fits his hands in his pockets eek they're ginormus! one of the highlights in my opinion was the short but cute realationship between itsuki and shino. another was the trip to niro's mansion, even though mitsuo got licked all over by a goat  

.[Kalysta].

Aurourette

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:58 pm
I only read 1 and 4, so I used my graphic mind for the rest, but I pretty much got the whole idea...I loved the ending though. its cute  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:00 pm

It's rather cute. The second one was my favorite. whee
I also own all of them. Yet, it took me awhile to get the storyline and it came out all confusingish. I think that was because I bought them out of order though. XD

Poochi Ray

Tart Blossom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:31 am
I own all four of them. I think they're really cute whee
It was the first shonen ai manga I bought so it's kinda special to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:27 pm
I own 'em all! They were how I first got into yaoi.I love 'em!It is a good series...Oh and yay for MistuoxHansuuma! ::swoon::  

Dr_Kael

Meilin1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:34 pm
Cryingthroughgreyeyes
My first post here, I thought it might as well be on topic. xD (By the way, I'm Crying. ^^)

I got the manga Eerie Queerie (first book) a few weeks ago, and I, personally, think it's quite good. As far as I can tell from the first book, it's bordering more on shounen ai than yaoi. The funny thing is that is has three guys on the cover, two guys slightly more intimate on the back, the name doesn't help and the blurb practically says it's a gay manga... Yet I managed to ask my mum if she could buy it for me (she had my money to make sure I didn't go spend it all on manga/anime. T-T) without her noticeing! o_O

Also managed to buy two volumes of Gravitation off of amazon.co.uk without her noticeing. And many older teen manga books, even though I'm only not actually an 'older teen' yet! xD

But back on topic. Anyone read/heard of/seen (if it's a manga) it?

It's a kicking manga.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:15 pm
Yes I've read it all. I heart it! whee It's just too bad it's only 4 volumes... that made me depressed. cry I won't spoil the end for those of you who havent read it, but I wish the author would have continued on with the story. 3nodding  

Kyoto Himura

ice_blu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:41 pm
Yeah I read all four books, own them. I first saw it in Tokyopop's sample book, "Sneaks", or whatever it's called. I liked it and had to buy it to see what was going to happened, but I took awhile to get vol. 1.

Love the characters, it cracks me up too. But the ending, and shortness, heh heh. I still liked it though.

I got this manga before Gravitation, making it the first shounen-ai manga I ever got.

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games