Submit

BeastEuphoria

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 pm
I know it is a bit late in the game but I am getting so scared for when my daughter is born. I am still not in a good place. I mean at least I am in a house but this house isn't safe and I can't get into a new house because I just lost my job and my husbands job ended due to it being only seasonal. I am worried about feeding her. I am just falling to pieces. I want to be a good mom more than anything but I am so afraid I am going to fail.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:57 pm
aren't mostnewmothers terrified ofthe samething?  

Guardian of the Sky

Dangerous Warlord

7,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 am
Take a deep breath, look around and see what about your home you can change to make it safer.
Remember the baby won't be crawling on floors or getting into things on it's own for those first few months anyway so give yourself a break on some of the hazards, you'll still have a little time to take care of them.

Look into assistance programs. WIC would cover food for you and the baby and I am pretty sure you qualify for that program. Obviously both of you keep looking for work. See if you can find something part time that you can do from home for a few months.

Remember you are capable, you can do this.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:08 pm
You could live in the perfect house, in the perfect area, and be completely financially stable... and you'd probably still worry and freak out.

This is normal. You will get through this, and you will make it work.

The main advice I'd give, is to say take every day as it comes.
Your baby isn't here yet. Once she is here, if you breastfeed her, food is completely free for the first year! Babies should not really be given solid food before 6 months (I know a lot of people disagree, but this is going by meticulous scientific research, not weak personal anecdotes) and even after then, the only necessary food is the milk.
My ped. taught me a really good saying when I had my daughter, that "solid food under 1 is just for fun". All they really need to survive and flourish and be healthy for the first whole year is breastmilk.

A year is a long time. I'm sure by then you'll have all of your finances sorted and be able to provide for her just fine.

Same goes with providing a safer home environment; she won't be born crawling, and you can baby-proof and supervise as necessary as you go along. You don't need to have everything completely worked out and ready to go the moment she's born.
One day at a time. emotion_bigheart  

Tute Sweet

Dainty Doll

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:41 pm
CatastrophicRainbow

I assume you live in the US... if not.. ignore this.

Breastfeeding is free food for your baby if that's the route you want to go. If not, apply for WIC. Apply for WIC either way though. Look into cloth diapering and other methods if you haven't already. It might be something you want to do. Have your husband apply for unemployment and continue looking for work. Apply for child care assistance to see if you would qualify. If so, you can also apply for unemployment and continue looking for work. If you're denied though, it's generally cheaper to be a stay at home mom. Child care can be expensive, unless you have family/friends who could do it regularly while you work.

It's natural to be scared in general though. You will be a great mom. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:11 pm
Thank you so much for all the advice and support you guys. It is exactly what I needed to hear  

BeastEuphoria

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:25 pm
*Hugs* I know everything seems like that right at the end. Things have a habit of working out, and it's totally worth it.

33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games