Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
BLAME! (A manga ^_^)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So... Have you read blame?
  No! O.o
  Yes!
View Results

Psyy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:46 pm
Anyone read BLAME!? BLAME! is a manga/anime about a dystopic, futuristic world called the Megacomplex. The megacomplex is a gigantic building with possibly several millions of floors. Through the harsh enviroments of concrete and steel the wanderer Killy roams. He is in search of humans with a special, unmanipulated gene. The network gene. A key to access the network of this seemingly unlimited complex.

BLAME! Is a unique manga in many ways... The pictures that is put on each and every page of the manga is brilliantly splendid. As Tsutomu Nihei, the mangaka is also a Architect, the structures put on each page are beyond words... Much of this manga are some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen in a manga... The anime should probably be avoided before reading the manga if you do not wish to be totally confused. ^___^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:22 pm
Do you have any pictures from it to show us? I've never heard of it.  

Syntria
Crew

Psyy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:34 pm
MistressPaco

Suure. (Only found some big pictures O.o)
http://66.111.49.71/wallpapers/blame/blame_1_800.jpg
http://toufqb.free.fr/Pics/Compare/Blame!_v10_c65_p187.png  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:19 pm
Sounds... odd, I've never heard of it, but it doesn't sound appealing to me.
It does sound cool though, 3nodding

The first picture totally doesn't work.
"403 Forbidden
You must supply a local referer to get URL '/wallpapers/blame/blame_1_800.jpg' from this server."

tech meow

xKelpiex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:06 am
I've heard extremely good things about this manga, and have been considering buying it for a while now. I think I'll hold off for a bit though. There's just so much I need to get first.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:06 pm
I love blame!

I have own every book that has come out in America already so I am pretty up-to-date with it...love the graphics..each building and character have awesome details!

And though it is mostly an action based Manga the plot is rather appealing.

I would recommend it to everyone!  

Mokai_Shredded

AmurderOFcrows

Dapper Dabbler

9,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:43 am
never heard of it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:07 am
MistressPaco

check out my profile... I've got a Blame! theme.

Blame! is probably my favorite manga. Every time I read it I get sucked in. I've been trying to get other works by Nihei. I have a Wolverine comic he did called Snikt! Thats really awesome. It's completly in color.

If ya get a chance check out Noise (prequel to Blame!), Biomega(takes place in the megacomplex), and Net Sphere Engineer (sequel to Blame!). They're all very good.

Most of em haven't been licensed yet but I could probably help anyone interested in them find em out there some where... (if I can remember where) just PM me. smile  

Macha76

Mokai_Shredded

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:54 pm
Macha76
MistressPaco

check out my profile... I've got a Blame! theme.

Blame! is probably my favorite manga. Every time I read it I get sucked in. I've been trying to get other works by Nihei. I have a Wolverine comic he did called Snikt! Thats really awesome. It's completly in color.

If ya get a chance check out Noise (prequel to Blame!), Biomega(takes place in the megacomplex), and Net Sphere Engineer (sequel to Blame!). They're all very good.

Most of em haven't been licensed yet but I could probably help anyone interested in them find em out there some where... (if I can remember where) just PM me. smile

Wah!!! (goes to PM)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:18 am
I forgot to mention that I've heard from a friend of mine that there is a CG movie/anime of sorts of Blame! in production right now. I'm kinda looking froward to it and I'm kinda leery of it at the same time.

I have the anime for it and I love it but it's way to short. sad It's like they just gave up after a few episodes. crying  

Macha76

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games