One Year, and I'm Still Angry...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exarielle BlackLaw

Peaceful Warlord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 am
Exactly one year ago, a friend was taken from me. She was a warm, vibrant, beautiful girl. She was killed.
It was not an accident.
It was not an illness.
It was a murder.
Her name was Saskia Burke, and she was eighteen years old. I'd known her for a good six or seven years. There was a young man her family took in. His name is William Gary Simpson Jr., and at four in the morning last year, he broke into her house and killed her. I don't know all of the circumstances, but I do know he stabbed her to death. He stabbed her in the cheek so hard that it severed an artery from the inside. But that isn't all-- he stabbed her again in the chest, and severed her heart and lungs. She was stabbed a grand total of nine times.
Her father and boyfriend were in the house at the time, and ran to help her when they heard the screams. Both were badly wounded.
The killer, Gary, fled the scene when the neighbors called the police and Saskia's mother suffered a panic attack at the sight of her daughter, laying there... Her eyes were open but no longer seeing, and she was in a pool of her own blood. Connor and Paul (Saskia's boyfriend and father, respectively) were still breathing. They're alive today.

Gary was found hiding at his mother's house a few days later. He was arrested, and is now awaiting his sentence. I know I should be happy that he was caught, but... Knowing him for the monster he is, the fact that he's had a whole year... I just makes me feel sick.
And there's a website that put up a load of offensive racist propaganda saying that she deserved it--and should have been stabbed more. I just don't understand... Why would anyone do something like this?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:53 am
User Image
                    ♥♥ I'm sorry for your loss.
                    I think it might be appropriate to start a petition for this?
                    Share the truth. I bet fellow youngsters would understand what you and saskia's family went through.
                    Very likely they'll sign the petition for you. That will then raise awareness for incidents like these.
                    And hopefully the authorities will be more effective in taking actions.

As for the site that promotes racism's there's nothing much we could do at the moment.
                    Even if they were forced to shut down its domain, they will continue to spread racism through any other channels.
                    Probably you should just ignore the website.
                    I believe most teens now are matured enough to differentiate what's right from wrong.
                    Sooner or later there will be people boycotting the site cause racism is plain stupid.

×♥×♥

eneroella

Darling

Exarielle BlackLaw

Peaceful Warlord

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:00 pm
k a t e e r u k
User Image
                    ♥♥ I'm sorry for your loss.
                    I think it might be appropriate to start a petition for this?
                    Share the truth. I bet fellow youngsters would understand what you and saskia's family went through.
                    Very likely they'll sign the petition for you. That will then raise awareness for incidents like these.
                    And hopefully the authorities will be more effective in taking actions.

As for the site that promotes racism's there's nothing much we could do at the moment.
                    Even if they were forced to shut down its domain, they will continue to spread racism through any other channels.
                    Probably you should just ignore the website.
                    I believe most teens now are matured enough to differentiate what's right from wrong.
                    Sooner or later there will be people boycotting the site cause racism is plain stupid.

×♥×♥

A friend of mine already did start a petition. ^^

And I know that there really isn't much we can do about racists on the Internet, but it still bothers me that people would post that sort of nonsense--about anyone. I don't care if someone's Asian, Latino, Hispanic, white, or black. And I don't know if enough people will boycott the site for it to matter, judged on the load of activity they had going on.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:35 pm
These situations are difficult to deal with because they hurt so much sad and I am sorry for your loss.

When people die, there will be the group of people who will be haters. There have been people who have dealt with the similar situations of offensive propaganda and unnecessary comments. It will happen and people will be haters. I sure so hope the petition you have will be taken seriously and the problem can be solved effectively.

I have had losses of classmates, and people who I always saw as sweet people that have been murdered on the street or even by their own spouse. The ugly things that happen in this world will always cause grief to those who care, and there will always be people that will pick at it. To tell you the truth, I don't get it, either - especially when there are those grieving for a loss and others are being so invasive to that process sad  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Exarielle BlackLaw

Peaceful Warlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:38 pm
Aquatic_blue
These situations are difficult to deal with because they hurt so much sad and I am sorry for your loss.

When people die, there will be the group of people who will be haters. There have been people who have dealt with the similar situations of offensive propaganda and unnecessary comments. It will happen and people will be haters. I sure so hope the petition you have will be taken seriously and the problem can be solved effectively.

I have had losses of classmates, and people who I always saw as sweet people that have been murdered on the street or even by their own spouse. The ugly things that happen in this world will always cause grief to those who care, and there will always be people that will pick at it. To tell you the truth, I don't get it, either - especially when there are those grieving for a loss and others are being so invasive to that process sad

Agreed--And another friend of mine committed suicide a few weeks ago.

I am so sorry for your loss(es) in the past. It's always a shock, no matter how or why the person was killed.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:42 pm
Exarielle BlackLaw
Aquatic_blue

I am so sorry for your loss(es) in the past. It's always a shock, no matter how or why the person was killed.

Thanks, and it's nothing I can change because what has happened has happened, sadly sad so the only thing left to do is keep moving forward in life. Although, sometimes these events just make life stand still for a few moments when I think about it from time to time.

I agree that it's always a shock no matter who it was who was killed or why they died. Some people are downright ugly and have no heart for those who need to grieve.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Exarielle BlackLaw

Peaceful Warlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:47 pm
Aquatic_blue
Exarielle BlackLaw
Aquatic_blue

Thanks, and it's nothing I can change because what has happened has happened, sadly sad so the only thing left to do is keep moving forward in life. Although, sometimes these events just make life stand still for a few moments when I think about it from time to time.

I agree that it's always a shock no matter who it was who was killed or why they died. Some people are downright ugly and have no heart for those who need to grieve.

Indeed. The way I see it, it's up to us to keep living for the people who are taken from us.

It's just awful. The friends and family of the victims are hurt even more than the dead. And yet there are people who think it's okay to say and do horrible things...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:50 pm
Exarielle BlackLaw
Aquatic_blue
Exarielle BlackLaw
Aquatic_blue

Indeed. The way I see it, it's up to us to keep living for the people who are taken from us.

It's just awful. The friends and family of the victims are hurt even more than the dead. And yet there are people who think it's okay to say and do horrible things...

Yup, and we gotta prove to everyone that we are strong 3nodding

I agree, being invasive when other people are grieving by saying nasty things and doing terrible things such as that isn't called for and can scar those grieving for a loss because they will remember those hurtful things for a long time, especially when they were sad enough as is and felt their world flip upside down sad  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Exarielle BlackLaw

Peaceful Warlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:52 pm
Aquatic_blue
Exarielle BlackLaw
Aquatic_blue
Exarielle BlackLaw
Aquatic_blue

I agree, being invasive when other people are grieving by saying nasty things and doing terrible things such as that isn't called for and can scar those grieving for a loss because they will remember those hurtful things for a long time, especially when they were sad enough as is and felt their world flip upside down sad

And we can share that strength with other people who need it! <3

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people like that drawing attention to themselves after that shooting in Connecticut. My heart goes out to everyone involved in all that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:53 pm
Exarielle BlackLaw
Aquatic_blue
Exarielle BlackLaw
Aquatic_blue
Exarielle BlackLaw
Aquatic_blue

And we can share that strength with other people who need it! <3

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people like that drawing attention to themselves after that shooting in Connecticut. My heart goes out to everyone involved in all that.

I totally agree with all of that 3nodding  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Kairi_Dimir

Gracious Friend

7,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:32 pm
Exarielle BlackLaw
Exactly one year ago, a friend was taken from me. She was a warm, vibrant, beautiful girl. She was killed.
It was not an accident.
It was not an illness.
It was a murder.
Her name was Saskia Burke, and she was eighteen years old. I'd known her for a good six or seven years. There was a young man her family took in. His name is William Gary Simpson Jr., and at four in the morning last year, he broke into her house and killed her. I don't know all of the circumstances, but I do know he stabbed her to death. He stabbed her in the cheek so hard that it severed an artery from the inside. But that isn't all-- he stabbed her again in the chest, and severed her heart and lungs. She was stabbed a grand total of nine times.
Her father and boyfriend were in the house at the time, and ran to help her when they heard the screams. Both were badly wounded.
The killer, Gary, fled the scene when the neighbors called the police and Saskia's mother suffered a panic attack at the sight of her daughter, laying there... Her eyes were open but no longer seeing, and she was in a pool of her own blood. Connor and Paul (Saskia's boyfriend and father, respectively) were still breathing. They're alive today.

Gary was found hiding at his mother's house a few days later. He was arrested, and is now awaiting his sentence. I know I should be happy that he was caught, but... Knowing him for the monster he is, the fact that he's had a whole year... I just makes me feel sick.
And there's a website that put up a load of offensive racist propaganda saying that she deserved it--and should have been stabbed more. I just don't understand... Why would anyone do something like this?
I am extremely Sorry for your loss and who ever wrote that on the site is a jerk no one deserves to be killed for any reason hopefully Karma will get them for being so cruel.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:25 pm
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss......so terrible to lose a friend in such a violent way. It sickens me that there are people out there that believe this innocent girl deserved to be stabbed even more. Again, I'm very sorry about your loss and perhaps after that madman is condemned for his crimes, you will start to feel better. As cliche as it sounds, time heals everything.  

Mord Alushar

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:28 pm
I understand why you feel angry. I would too, forever !  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games