Submit

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:02 am

I'm sure most of you have heard of or 'do' the duck face. What I'm interested
in is why all guys have such a huge problem with it. Surely if we don't want to
smile and pouting gives more 'volume' to our lips, then we should be allowed
to do it without receiving such horrible remarks.

Opinions?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm
I see what you mean, but honestly I think a lot more guys are sttracted to a pretty smile rather than the duck face. In my opinion, I hate it altogher lol I mean, I would rather look at a pretty girl's smile any day, but we all have what we like in people.  

GuardGirlForLife

Shameless Giver

7,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:22 pm
duck face=looking like a total twit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:02 am
yum_cupcake I agree with GuardGirlForLife. sweatdrop I think that guys dont like it because it looks really unattractive. I think most people would rather a smile, or a indifferent face rather then .... a duck face. cat_whee It just looks really dumb, and why look dumb when you could look bad a** (no smile) or cute (smile) heart

SparkleandFade

Tricky Pumpkin

14,350 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:23 am
Mmm I don't think it became a 'problem' until every girl started doing it. Then it became more noticeable.
But I don't think guys should get all butt hurt about it, they have stupid poses they do in pictures too -_____-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:12 pm
I actually hate it when girls do the "duck face". It's not pouting, and it only adds "volume" to your lips for that few seconds that the picture is being taken. It doesn't look cute either because most of the time girls over-do it...  

britt1110

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:26 pm
As I recall, the 'duck face' originally required two Pringles chips...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:51 pm
It's supposed to be a pout? Far from a pout. Pouts are small. You don't need to thrust your lips out as far as some do like you are trying to imitate a duck.

It's not just guys, dear. I find it makes people look stuck up. Sexy is nice, but a good smile is worth so much more. It doesn't look like you're trying so hard to get a reaction. You're just being you.

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

T i f a

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:23 pm
I don't like the duck face either. That, and the "tongue purposely between your teeth" smile.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:47 pm
I personally think the duck face looks annoying and stupid, and I don't understand why so many girls are obsessed with it...  

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

PSM Guild Mule

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:44 pm
It's preceded as only the air headed bimbos do dumb duck faces for attention, thats why guys hate it, no guy wants a stupid girl they want a smart woman.

And well besides it looks downright retarded anyway, makes your lips look deformed and icky looking.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:08 pm
I sometimes do a mixture of a duck face and pout thing that is very subtle, but I am not a big fan of the full on duck face. I think it's okay for silly pics but if you are doing it to look "glamorous" it doesn't roll.  

kinetic-weapons

Spanish Rice Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 pm
I always thought the duck face looked more like the a**s face, pardon my crude humor...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:02 pm
The main reason guys and I kind of have a problem with the duck face because it just looks plain silly. Unless you're doing it for fun or something to me its something a kid would do but that’s just my opinion  

Beth Phoenix23

Beloved Gaian

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:32 pm
We took a group photo of the 8th graders last year and the girls were popping a hip, doing a peace sign with their hands, and doing duck face just to be funny. So, at the last second, all the guys decided to do that too, and now I have a pic of them looking like idiots. xd  
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff